Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.19.2012 , 05:28 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Not at all. In fact, I'm actually quite calm right now. No need to try to provoke me, we're all friends here.
I got that but you just said that I was mad because I disagree with you. Not exactly friendly stuff.

Xatasha's Avatar


Xatasha
11.19.2012 , 05:31 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually I can paint a pretty clear picture of how easily Windu beats Revan. It's not really a contest.

Windu has Shatterpoint, so the moment Revan takes up a fighting stance, he's already lost. Mace would see right through it and destroy Revan's defenses. Once Revan sees that his chances of winning are decreasing, he starts to sink into the Dark Side for some extra power. Exactly what Windu needs to put this duel away. Mace Windu would begin taking in the Dark energies with Vaapad and allow the Force to control his movements. Enhanced by Revan's Dark energies, Mace Windu would utilize Juyo and Vaapad to beat Revan quite easily.

Simply put, Mace Windu is leagues ahead of Revan.
The problem with Raven is that he of all the Star Wars characters he was a player character in a game where the players felt he was their character. Players always feel their character is the most powerful character in the universe. Granted other characters have also been PCs but Raven's game story is very good and he ended up with a large fan base. This is why I think many paint him as being some force god and endlessly argue about how he can defeat any who oppose him.

Preventer-Blaze's Avatar


Preventer-Blaze
11.19.2012 , 05:33 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I was speaking about the Will of the Force in Star Wars. Of course the writers, GL and Chee will decide what happens in Star Wars. It was more of a joke, I guess.
thats the same..... the Will of the Force in Star Wars isn't the same...... you can just see the point of view of many writers.. so my answers remains the same.

Yeah, the writes are a part of the ones who decides, but above them, hah.. who knows who puts the strings right now?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:38 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I got that but you just said that I was mad because I disagree with you. Not exactly friendly stuff.
That was a joke as well. Notice the . I've been trying to keep this thread friendly, but sometimes everyone loses their head. It happens. Nothing for us to get all huffy about
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wallner's Avatar


Wallner
11.19.2012 , 05:40 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually I can paint a pretty clear picture of how easily Windu beats Revan. It's not really a contest.

Windu has Shatterpoint, so the moment Revan takes up a fighting stance, he's already lost. Mace would see right through it and destroy Revan's defenses. Once Revan sees that his chances of winning are decreasing, he starts to sink into the Dark Side for some extra power. Exactly what Windu needs to put this duel away. Mace Windu would begin taking in the Dark energies with Vaapad and allow the Force to control his movements. Enhanced by Revan's Dark energies, Mace Windu would utilize Juyo and Vaapad to beat Revan quite easily.
Well that's one scenario. Shatterpoint and Windu's fantastic lightsaber techniques doesn't mean he would automatically win.
Registered: October 2008
Want to get awesome free stuff in-game? Use my referral link!:
---->http://www.swtor.com/r/63S7yc <-----

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:42 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
The problem with Raven is that he of all the Star Wars characters he was a player character in a game where the players felt he was their character. Players always feel their character is the most powerful character in the universe. Granted other characters have also been PCs but Raven's game story is very good and he ended up with a large fan base. This is why I think many paint him as being some force god and endlessly argue about how he can defeat any who oppose him.
Fully agree. Revan will always be that character that people could mold into who they wanted him to be. It's one of the reasons KOTOR will always be one of my favorite games.

I do think for people to make him out to be super-awesome is a bit illogical, though. There's nothing wrong with thinking that your favorite character is awesome (heck, I think Plo Koon is super awesome... which he is ), but there really is no reason to put a favorite character above the rest.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:43 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallner View Post
Well that's one scenario. Shatterpoint and Windu's fantastic lightsaber techniques doesn't mean he would automatically win.
Shatterpoint pretty much hands him the victory, but there are other scenarios. They do, however, end with the same result.

Except for Revan blasting him from space, but that's not worthy of debate.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Preventer-Blaze's Avatar


Preventer-Blaze
11.19.2012 , 05:44 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
The problem with Raven is that he of all the Star Wars characters he was a player character in a game where the players felt he was their character. Players always feel their character is the most powerful character in the universe. Granted other characters have also been PCs but Raven's game story is very good and he ended up with a large fan base. This is why I think many paint him as being some force god and endlessly argue about how he can defeat any who oppose him.
I don't see him as the most powerful, neither the Exile, or Garen Malek, or the Secret Apprentice (clone of GM) or.. err... I forget the nome of others nice characters.. Or the 8 heroes of the swtor, or.... (and so, and so..)

But I get what you mean, I already see part of that before. For me, who is the most powerful? I don't know, maybe I dislike this thing about most powerful of all (except for Green Lantern in DC. And He isn't my favorite *cof*batman*cof*). I like to see The Chosen One as the most powerful, after all (No, I know world of God says its Luke, I already read most stuffs pos-rotj, for it I say I "like").

So, I tried to stay neutral, seeing through the shadows, but I'm only a human.. and have emotions too.. I already have control of "like", but not of "dislike".

EDIT: Kyle Katarn... I don't believe I said Garen Marek/Clone (who you don't "mold") and forgot his name... /facepalm

Airmo's Avatar


Airmo
11.19.2012 , 05:53 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
To be a leader you don't need to know jack about tactics. The key to winning is to put the right people into the right positions and let them do their work. To say that Raven outwitted the Mando's is a bit of a leap in logic. Better to say Raven's team outwitted the Mandos
Revan commanded half of the republic's fleet, well maybe not half, I don't really remember exactly how much but it was a significant ammount. Soldiers follow orders, Revan's team would be in the same position they were before he joined the war if Revan wasn't coming up with the plans.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Wallner's Avatar


Wallner
11.19.2012 , 05:53 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Shatterpoint pretty much hands him the victory, but there are other scenarios. They do, however, end with the same result.
Darth Traya (Kreia) had shatterpoint. The exile beat her, no? And Sion+Nihilus also beat her.
Registered: October 2008
Want to get awesome free stuff in-game? Use my referral link!:
---->http://www.swtor.com/r/63S7yc <-----