Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:12 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
You need to embrace the fact that he did not canonically become one with the force at this time. It may seem like it (and it may have happened) but we don't know for sure.
Since all other alternatives are impossible, the only possible conclusion is that he did achieve Oneness.

But really, saying that he didn't achieve Oneness would actually hurt his case in this scenario. Because being able to use both sides simulateously (impossible as it is) is not all that great.

I'm actually surprised the Revan novel even got printed. The wording in that Oneness moment has become misconstrued as Revan defying G-canon.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Preventer-Blaze's Avatar


Preventer-Blaze
11.19.2012 , 05:13 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Again, Oneness is not something that you just 'do'. It just happens. You become an extension of the Force. No one just does it (except Anakin Skywalker, though I will have to do some research around those circumstances), it just happens. If the Force has to intervene in any circumstance, then it will. People make the mistake of thinking that Oneness is this ability that makes someone all-powerful forever. It is only a moment in which the Force makes a being an extension of it's Will. A tool, so to speak. A moment in which the being gains an unparalled connection to the Force. But only during that time.

All I'm going to say is that Revan is among the rare few for this to happen to, but it does not make him equal to those who have acheived it.
See what I mean? When I say that she do it? That happens to her, when she uses this things (I can't call that drugs, I don't remember).
But with Anakin was different (with Luke, not so much, but hey, as I said, I like it more with only the Chosen One. doesn't matter to me in what story comes first).

Again, you do again. You states that I'm here suporting Revan against them. Why I have to do it? I don't want to make you see it, I see it in other way too, so why bring it here?
I really want to understand before I can make assumptions, cuz I'm not like that (only when joking, but I'm tired) nor do I like people like that.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:13 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Wow. That's not canon supported at all.

Would you like to tell us what source you got this from that says Windu could beat Revan + Scourge + Surik + T3? Because it is BS.
Maybe because he beat Sidious in a duel and is most likely the third or fourth greatest duelist of all time?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.19.2012 , 05:15 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Windu would beat Revan easily. So easily that Revan would end up crying like a little baby. Mace Windu is one of the greatest duelists of all time and holds all of the cards in a battle between them.

Nyriss put everything into that Lightning blast. Revan used Tutaminis to redirect it back at her. It's her own fault that she could not protect herself from her own Lightning blast.

And Revan could not go toe-to-toe with the Emperor. Oneness, T3, Surik, and Scourge were the only reasons he lasted as long as he did. Once Oneness ended, Vitiate destroyed him and T3. And we know what happened to Surik...
Okay Aurbere, I respect you and you seem to be a logical person, but you just crossed the line. You claim you aren't a Revan hater (you act like one) yet you say that Windu would beat Revan "so easily that Revan would end up crying like a baby."

I imagine you said this to anger us Revanites. Also what you said isn't canon supported at all.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:17 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Preventer-Blaze View Post
See what I mean? When I say that she do it? That happens to her, when she uses this things (I can't call that drugs, I don't remember).
But with Anakin was different (with Luke, not so much, but hey, as I said, I like it more with only the Chosen One. doesn't matter to me in what story comes first).

Again, you do again. You states that I'm here suporting Revan against them. Why I have to do it? I don't want to make you see it, I see it in other way too, so why bring it here?
I really want to understand before I can make assumptions, cuz I'm not like that (only when joking, but I'm tired) nor do I like people like that.
I'm not saying you're supporting Revan. And it really wouldn't matter to me which side you take. Each side has its views and I was not trying to force my views on anyone. What I did was clear up some issues with Revan. People took offense and now here we are.

As to Oneness. I do see what you mean. And I would prefer if it were only a Skywalker thing, but who are we to argue with the Will of the Force?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.19.2012 , 05:18 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I see alot of Revan fanboys say stuff like that when Revan is clearly out-matched.

Anyway. The point of this thread was to address certain misconceptions surrounding Revan and bring a little truth to them. Which I believe I have done. People only flame me because they know I'm right... Either that or they're just mad.
Aw so we're mad now huh?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:21 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Okay Aurbere, I respect you and you seem to be a logical person, but you just crossed the line. You claim you aren't a Revan hater (you act like one) yet you say that Windu would beat Revan "so easily that Revan would end up crying like a baby."

I imagine you said this to anger us Revanites. Also what you said isn't canon supported at all.
Actually I can paint a pretty clear picture of how easily Windu beats Revan. It's not really a contest.

Windu has Shatterpoint, so the moment Revan takes up a fighting stance, he's already lost. Mace would see right through it and destroy Revan's defenses. Once Revan sees that his chances of winning are decreasing, he starts to sink into the Dark Side for some extra power. Exactly what Windu needs to put this duel away. Mace Windu would begin taking in the Dark energies with Vaapad and allow the Force to control his movements. Enhanced by Revan's Dark energies, Mace Windu would utilize Juyo and Vaapad to beat Revan quite easily.

Simply put, Mace Windu is leagues ahead of Revan.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Preventer-Blaze's Avatar


Preventer-Blaze
11.19.2012 , 05:22 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm not saying you're supporting Revan. And it really wouldn't matter to me which side you take. Each side has its views and I was not trying to force my views on anyone. What I did was clear up some issues with Revan. People took offense and now here we are.

As to Oneness. I do see what you mean. And I would prefer if it were only a Skywalker thing, but who are we to argue with the Will of the Force?
No, that isn't the case. You can do what you think is right or nice. But that doesn't make this true or really ok.
Why? Cause what we say'll never been always the truth or something right.
My side is my own, its a history, how can I take side with a character? or go against it? Sorry, but this would be sad.

And this never was the Will of the Force, you know that, I really hope so.. this was the Will of the creators of many history in star wars. Because I always seems the Will of the Force asking for something different, when its from writer A or B or C or fan or whatever.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:24 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Aw so we're mad now huh?
Not at all. In fact, I'm actually quite calm right now. No need to try to provoke me, we're all friends here.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 05:26 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Preventer-Blaze View Post

And this never was the Will of the Force, you know that, I really hope so.. this was the Will of the creators of many history in star wars. Because I always seems the Will of the Force asking for something different, when its from writer A or B or C or fan or whatever.
I was speaking about the Will of the Force in Star Wars. Of course the writers, GL and Chee will decide what happens in Star Wars. It was more of a joke, I guess.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus