Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For BioWare from russian community

TheAkumurA
11.18.2012 , 04:12 AM | #1
Hello, dear BioWare. Undoubtedly swtor are very good game and f2p model attracted lots of players in game. But you plan to lo localize the game for russian players? I read a lot of threads on russian forums about swtor, many of people do not want to play swtor because the game is not in russian and many of this people have a very bad english. I think, if BioWare localize the game in Russian, the game popularity will be increased. In Russia and other countries who speak russian are a lot of people who are ready to pay for swtor, but their bad english not allows them to play because they do not understand the game etc.

Lord_of_Mu
11.18.2012 , 04:18 AM | #2
I'll support translation for the Russian community.

Also, did anyone else have a Russian accent in their minds as they were reading this?

tzamolnar
11.18.2012 , 04:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post

Also, did anyone else have a Russian accent in their minds as they were reading this?
I did!

GeneralArrow
11.18.2012 , 04:34 AM | #4
As An America, if Russia wants to play SWTOR I will support them. Bioware, Make it so!

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.18.2012 , 04:36 AM | #5
I read it, impersonating Pavel Chekov

TheAkumurA
11.18.2012 , 04:44 AM | #6
thanks for all american and european guys who support our request.

Kalyk
11.18.2012 , 04:45 AM | #7

ROFL!

I did too.

ThuaThal
11.18.2012 , 05:29 AM | #8
+1 support from Denmark. I have never understood why they have bothered with French and German (of whom most of our generation speaks fine English although they won't admit it) and not Spanish and Russian? Seems very odd.
ToFN - Order of Midnight

Raxna 55 Juggernaut - Raxnaa 55 Guardian

DMSL
11.18.2012 , 05:31 AM | #9
I do support what you are saying, but i don't expect it to be full russian, just subtitles and other text.

Though what is stopping you from learning English?

SamuraBob_Fl
11.18.2012 , 05:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ThuaThal View Post
+1 support from Denmark. I have never understood why they have bothered with French and German (of whom most of our generation speaks fine English although they won't admit it) and not Spanish and Russian? Seems very odd.
I don't think it's something we can necessarily easily dissect here, but I assume they do marketing surveys in target countries and then compare the results to the cost of voice actors.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE