Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Disappearing Crafting Recipes!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SaiAkuto_ID
11.28.2012 , 04:14 PM | #71
class: Sith Warrior (Juggernaut)
skill: biochem
names: implants - all of them. All gained form reverse-engineering. Strange is that my reverse-engineered medpacs and stims didn't disappear.
Subscriber. Did change professions, but just after they were available to check them out. No problems for a long time until today.

Altairien
11.28.2012 , 04:28 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hopefully this helps you understand how we decide what goes on the Known Issues list, and we are happy that you look to it as a resource!
Oh, I completely understand how you determine what goes in the list and when.

What boggles my mind is the fact that it's taken, what, 10 days to even acknowledge this? I have tons of schematics on lots of characters. Have I been losing schematics during the past 10 days? I had no idea to even look at it!

An official thread should've been started as soon as a few reports were verified. That thread should've started with exactly the kind of post you posted here which would of course show up in the dev tracker.

Btw, this is why posting these problems in General makes more sense than posting them in the "appropriate" forum (Crew Skills in this case). Visibility is apparently near zero for the devs as well as the playerbase.

I guess I'll need to start taking screenshots of my crafting panel prior to each patch from now on. How tedious.

shava
11.28.2012 , 08:22 PM | #73
These are both great questions! First, every bug that we know about will not make it to the Known Issues, and there are a few reasons why we may not put something on the list right away, even when we know about it:

1. Exploits. Even when we know about them, we certainly want to keep players from abusing these bugs before we are able to fix them.

2. Bugs we are actively investigating but don't have a definitive "who, what, when, where, why" for. Often, these types of issues will end up in their own thread or post where we are gathering information. To answer your first question, this particular issue is one in this category. Yes, we know that schematics are disappearing for some players after they learn them. However, we are still trying to get more information about the topic, so acknowledging it here and asking for more information is the first step. When we know enough to confidently say what the issue actually is, then it will be added to the Known Issues list, because it effects gameplay.

3. Performance issues. Because we will always need to be collecting data from players about anything performance related, these types of issues will generally get their own thread in the Customer Support forums where we can get players to post logs, dxdiags, etc, to help the developers.

4. It doesn’t affect gameplay enough, and the list needs to be kept to a reasonable size. This is the reason that the second example you gave is not listed. Generally, this will include bugs with art (floating rock), typos, voice overs, sound effects, and other small things. However, there will always be exceptions to this, especially when the bug is related to combat.

Hopefully this helps you understand how we decide what goes on the Known Issues list, and we are happy that you look to it as a resource!
This might have been an adequate response five or so years ago. However, this is 2012, and your customer base is used to a knowledge base approach rather than a list. Please create a section of the knowledge base for known issues and relabel the "known issues" as "hot issues" and refer people to the knowledge base for what are truly "known issues."

It will save you and the player base a lot of grief, and retain significant player good will over what you've squandered on this sort of thing in the last year.

You don't need to let us into your scrums or bugtracker, but put *something* in a section of the knowledge base in concert with what you describe above, and you'll save in CSR time, forum heat, and retention.

Respectfully and with great love for the game,
Shava Nerad
30 yrs on the net
former indy game CEO
probably running CSR groups before you were born
still somewhat regretting not getting the game testing/QA position at INFOCOM in '79
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

Koriel
11.28.2012 , 08:47 PM | #74
If you are experiencing this issue, please post with the following information:
  • What class are you?
  • What is your crew skill?
  • What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost?
1. Sith Warrior, Juggernaut
2. Picked Slicing, dropped it for Synthweaving.
3. Critical Heavy Thermal Belt
(██████████████████]█ΞΞΞΞΞΞ█][█ΞΞΞΞΞΞ█[██████████████████)

Erlon
11.29.2012 , 01:15 AM | #75
We appreciate your reports about this issue, and we are actively researching the problem.

If you are experiencing this issue, please post with the following information:
  • What class are you?
  • What is your crew skill?
  • What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost?

While we are working to ensure the fix for an upcoming patch, there isn't a definitive time frame for the fix. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
* Sith-Juggernaut
* Picked Artifice, dropped it for Synthweaving
* Every reverse engineered schematic disapears, no matter what

* Trooper-Commando
* Picked Armormech, dropped it for Armstech
* Every reverse engineered schematic disapears, but strangely 2 blue reverse engineered Barrel-2 Schematics are still in my Schematic list

* Jedi-Sage
* Can't remember which crewskill i dropped, but i chosed now Artifice
* Every reverse engineered schematic disapears

* Scoundrel
* Picked Cybertech, dropped it for Armormech
* Every reverse engineered schematic disapears
Explorer: 93% Archiever: 40% Socializer: 40% Killer: 27%
Datacrons sind KEIN Exploring!

symke
11.29.2012 , 01:49 AM | #76
These are both great questions! First, every bug that we know about will not make it to the Known Issues, and there are a few reasons why we may not put something on the list right away, even when we know about it:

1. Exploits. Even when we know about them, we certainly want to keep players from abusing these bugs before we are able to fix them.

2. Bugs we are actively investigating but don't have a definitive "who, what, when, where, why" for. Often, these types of issues will end up in their own thread or post where we are gathering information. To answer your first question, this particular issue is one in this category. Yes, we know that schematics are disappearing for some players after they learn them. However, we are still trying to get more information about the topic, so acknowledging it here and asking for more information is the first step. When we know enough to confidently say what the issue actually is, then it will be added to the Known Issues list, because it effects gameplay.

3. Performance issues. Because we will always need to be collecting data from players about anything performance related, these types of issues will generally get their own thread in the Customer Support forums where we can get players to post logs, dxdiags, etc, to help the developers.

4. It doesn’t affect gameplay enough, and the list needs to be kept to a reasonable size. This is the reason that the second example you gave is not listed. Generally, this will include bugs with art (floating rock), typos, voice overs, sound effects, and other small things. However, there will always be exceptions to this, especially when the bug is related to combat.

1. Exploits ... this bug is something that no one could exploit so ...?
2 Who, what, ... You had several of us posting information about this in several threads in several sub forums (crew skills, general, customer support). What more do you need?
3. The same as No.2
4.Doesn't affect gameplay enough ...? Are you kidding?

Like I mentioned, there were several threads with many players reporting this bug. I reported it on the 18 th of November. It took you 10 days to acknowledge this bug to be deemed your intention. 10 Days!!!
And for those 10 days you ignored every other section but "customer support".
Sorry to say it but you are just a sorry excuse of a Customer service. It's obvious you see cartel market bugs as priority. Quick money is all this company is interested in. And this CS is their flagship of incompetence.

I replaced biochem, bioanalysis and diplomacy with synthweaving, archeology and underworld trading. I lost every single blue and purple schematic in level range from 15 - 20. It happened 3 times (had to test it myself before I believed it was a bug and not my imagination), so I would say I lost around 5 blue and 3 purple schematics.

I wonder how long it will take you to fix this. It took you 10 days to acknowledge it .
Oh ... and english is not my primary language, but I thought that the word "known" means something that is known to exist. But this is obviously PR talk, which uses entirely another form of English. So, would you be so kind and teach us this new and exciting form of English. Maybe many of our frustrations with your work will vanish once we understand why you "appear" to be so .... incompetent.

jorill
11.29.2012 , 06:55 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by symke View Post
1. Exploits ... this bug is something that no one could exploit so ...?
2 Who, what, ... You had several of us posting information about this in several threads in several sub forums (crew skills, general, customer support). What more do you need?
3. The same as No.2
4.Doesn't affect gameplay enough ...? Are you kidding?

Like I mentioned, there were several threads with many players reporting this bug. I reported it on the 18 th of November. It took you 10 days to acknowledge this bug to be deemed your intention. 10 Days!!!
And for those 10 days you ignored every other section but "customer support".
Sorry to say it but you are just a sorry excuse of a Customer service. It's obvious you see cartel market bugs as priority. Quick money is all this company is interested in. And this CS is their flagship of incompetence.

I replaced biochem, bioanalysis and diplomacy with synthweaving, archeology and underworld trading. I lost every single blue and purple schematic in level range from 15 - 20. It happened 3 times (had to test it myself before I believed it was a bug and not my imagination), so I would say I lost around 5 blue and 3 purple schematics.

I wonder how long it will take you to fix this. It took you 10 days to acknowledge it .
Oh ... and english is not my primary language, but I thought that the word "known" means something that is known to exist. But this is obviously PR talk, which uses entirely another form of English. So, would you be so kind and teach us this new and exciting form of English. Maybe many of our frustrations with your work will vanish once we understand why you "appear" to be so .... incompetent.
That list is for bugs in general not this specific bug

MyraTynomi
11.29.2012 , 08:20 AM | #78
I think the main reason people are upset about it is indeed that it took 10 days to get an official response. This is just unacceptable in today's industry. Especially for a bug thats gamebreaking like this one.

I have had this issue on Armormech, and have dropped it in the mean time and replaced it with Bioanalysis. Just doing gathering skills is the only option I have at the moment.

This was on Jonelle, Commando on The Tomb of Freedon Nadd

salazaro
11.29.2012 , 08:44 AM | #79
I have the same problem the recipes that I learn the lost on reboot or when performing any load in the game please help

Sith-Marauder
* Synthweaving
* Schematics lost when i reloaded or logout

Kengas
11.29.2012 , 09:06 AM | #80
To start with,I agree 100% with poster "symke" (couldn't have said it better ). This isn't the first time I react on this
thread, so to stay polite I repeat ,I'm a SUBSCRIBER , and recipes missing in action ALWAYS AFTER RE:
1)not documented ( so before I realised something hit the fan....);3 or 4 blues and purples
2)documented:-Blue:-Redoubt Reinforced Fiber Belt
-Overkill Reinforced Fiber Belt
-Critical Rugged War Waistcord
-Overkill Rugged War Waistcord
-Redoubt Reinforced Armguards
-Redoubt Savant Bracers
-Purple:-Redoubt Synth Assault Belt
-Overkill Synth Assault Handgear
-Critical Assault Handgear
-General's Reinforced Fiber Belt
-Fervor Acolyte Sash
For some odd reason 2 recipes stayed ON the list :-Critical Acolyte Sash(Blue)
-Critical Reinforced Fiber Boots(Blue)
In the game I am a Jedi-Knight. Originally I took as craft-profession Armortech what I changed very quickly to Synthweaving.Other 2 professions(Archeology+Underworld Trading)stayed from the beginning the same. I started
crafting with this Jedi Knight AFTER the release of patch 1.5 . I hope this is enough information . Let me point out that I have been very cousious in crafting (for obvious reasons)......So what the loss is for other people...........?