Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 08:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Having been subscribed since release, and playing almost every day, and getting only 2200 coins and spending them all on crime lord cartel packs, I am pretty disappointed with the useless rewards I obtained from them. As a level 50, experience boost are of no use to me.

As a subscriber, I should be paying for all the content. But I have to pay more for cartel coins?

How about each subscriber gets 500 coins every WEEK, or two weeks, instead of every month, that way, your subscribers who already pay you monthly, some of them having been here since release, can have more goes at opening these "high value" lockboxes.

Or simply increase the rewards for them. Honestly, they aren't worth it. I feel stupid now for paying for them. OH well
So you have a gambling problem and you want to take it out on EA. Suggestion... when mommy gives you some extra money evry money.. dont run straight the store and blow it all on candy. If there is something they put in there now, that you want, its your own fault you dont have the coins to get it.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Tmanarl
11.22.2012 , 09:49 AM | #22
Having been subscribed since release, and playing almost every day, and getting only 2200 coins and spending them all on crime lord cartel packs, I am pretty disappointed with the useless rewards I obtained from them. As a level 50, experience boost are of no use to me.

As a subscriber, I should be paying for all the content. But I have to pay more for cartel coins?

How about each subscriber gets 500 coins every WEEK, or two weeks, instead of every month, that way, your subscribers who already pay you monthly, some of them having been here since release, can have more goes at opening these "high value" lockboxes.

Or simply increase the rewards for them. Honestly, they aren't worth it. I feel stupid now for paying for them. OH well
After putting up with your frustrating complaint posts/threads since well before launch, I can't help but feel some bit of smug satisfaction at your misfortune. You gambled and lost. Sorry you made that choice.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Cinnagar 65 Sith Sorcerer | Viceptus 65 Sith Sorcerer | Calvaria 65 Sith Assassin
Shiian 65 Sith Juggernaut | Rolorra 65 Sith Marauder | Sevri 65 Bounty Hunter Powertech
Maris 65 Imperial Operative
Leelu 65 Jedi Sage | Mallavik: 65 Jedi Shadow | Brénn: 65 Vanguard Trooper
Corrann: 65 Jedi Sentinal | Lumanni: 65 Smuggler Scoundrel

Zyrious
11.22.2012 , 10:30 AM | #23
And the previous couple of posts are the reason SWTOR currently has a reputation for the worst MMO community currently out (and that includes EVE in the bunch),

I've never liked gambling boxes, especially as a subscriber. We should have access to all content for our having bought the box and paying a subscription. But we dont. We, too, must gamble for some items. When i say access to all content, that means vanity as well as statistics. I can tolerate non-lockbox items, atleast then you can pick and choose with your monthly stipen and eventually get what you want. But odds being what they are with gambling, it is possible you could never get what you want.

Aside from that, having any gambling in this game skirts several laws in several countries, including the US where online gambling is illegal.
Squadron 238 Referral
The Tyrel Legacy [The Harbinger]
Zyrious 50 JUG,Rojinn 9 BH,Kienn 50 SNP, Iravik 50 SIN, Sedryn 50 VG, Zyrioun 50 GRD, Ethris 11 GS, Tavrec 11 JS

AbyssusVeho
11.22.2012 , 11:24 AM | #24
So I have to ask, on the OP subject line, I have opened like 6 boxes and never got anything that was bind on pickup....so how does everyone seem to be getting Bind on Equip stuff? Anyone know the rarity?

Gavin_Kelvar
11.22.2012 , 01:10 PM | #25
We basically get $5 worth of cartel coins every month making our subscription really $10. Giving us 500 coins every week means they would loose money since they would be giving us $20 in cartel coins a month for a sub price of $15.

I personally have no problem if they give us enough to gamble a bit every month but not enough to make it possible to have the "house" pay for all of our bets. If someone is so obsessed with gambling that they NEED to spend more than their monthly stipend they should have to pay out of their own pocket. That's the point of the lockboxes anyway to get people addicted to gambling and spend their own money to feed their addiction once they've spent their monthly allowance.

fungihoujo
11.22.2012 , 01:13 PM | #26
I pay 13 bucks for my sub- I get 6 dollars worth of cartel coins a month. Means my sub is pretty much 7 bucks for full access to the game- why should I be entitled to even more cartel coins?

Good lord, the entitlement generation is out in full swing- you're now getting the exact same content you were before the game went f2p- PLUS 600 cartel coins to waste on gambling, PLUS there's actually people playing the game so you can stop whining about 3 hour queues.

EnufThree
11.22.2012 , 01:24 PM | #27
Waste of coins? No way. The rare items I use or sell for lots of credits. The gear I get I use or sell for lots of credits. The XP boosts help level my alts faster. The random **** (ball toss, titles, banners) I either use or sell for (surprisingly) lots of credits. I hit 2 million credits in the first week of selling **** I didn't need from the cartel packs.
I suppose getting a lyrium tattoo of breasts on my chest would make things better...

AidanLightwalker
11.22.2012 , 01:39 PM | #28
No way a waste. They are fluff and cosmetic items. We get free coins every month as subscribers. f2p players have to buy coins to unlock parts of the game. If they wanted the fluff and game unlocks, think of all the credits they would need to buy the stuff from the gtn or from the cartel market. Ghe system right now is fine and I actually think its working pretty good.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

bahdasz
11.22.2012 , 02:43 PM | #29
LOL!

Yes, huge waste. Why? All the stuff that you're probably going to get is already on the GTN for 20-50K credits, the market is flooded. The rare stuff is there for a couple million, which is probably how many dollars you're going to spend on cartel coins trying to get one out of a pack any way.

Use your coins for the things that you are sure of what you're getting (and and can't get on the market).

I used mine to give all my toons the ability to ride level 3 speeders, because I refused to pay the amount of credits they extort out of you to train the skills. Think about it, you can pay about 400K credits to use a level 3 bike, or 40K credits + 450 coins per character... and I started with like 3K coins so we'll just call that "free". Next I bought them all a cartel market speeder for about 40 or 50K right off the GTN, rather than paying 150K - 200K from a vendor or for crafted one.

ALL Legacy perks are (in my opinion) much cheaper in cartel cash than they are in credits, and all of the items are super cheap on the GTN... for me that wasn't even a decision I had to think about.

And let's face it there's nothing in those packs that you need that you can't already get somewhere else. It's all about the pretty colors with the cartel market, non of it is "must have" stuff.

TheBBP
11.22.2012 , 02:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
I pay 13 bucks for my sub- I get 6 dollars worth of cartel coins a month. Means my sub is pretty much 7 bucks for full access to the game- why should I be entitled to even more cartel coins?

Good lord, the entitlement generation is out in full swing- you're now getting the exact same content you were before the game went f2p- PLUS 600 cartel coins to waste on gambling, PLUS there's actually people playing the game so you can stop whining about 3 hour queues.
You must not understand the nature of the OP. He looooves to complain and does so about everything. It is at a point where you can't even take him seriously.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk