Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

BigLuvins
11.17.2012 , 07:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by terrorfistjab View Post
Personally I think subscribers should be allowed to buy CC coins with in-game credits. Let's face it most of that content would have been put naturally in the game as drops or what have you, and the really goofy stuff probably wouldn't have been developed; so why not let the subs get it with their creds, plus it is another money sink for the game to keep subs busy.

Of course I am not too hurt about it, there is only one thing I really wanted out of them and I am pretty sure I will be able to get it off the GTN for a decent price once all the price gouging has stopped, and market forces kick in.
I like the idea of subs paying credits for CCs as long as we can still get the monthly allowance on top of whatever we spend our credits on. And yes, I'll probably visit the AH once things settle down too.
I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

errant_knight
11.17.2012 , 07:40 PM | #12
I find them fun. Bought 2 and got some good stuff. What I couldn't use, I gave to guildies, as they did to me.

Leweegibo
11.17.2012 , 07:50 PM | #13
Well just jumped on and bought nearly everything i wanted from the packs off the GTN for a pittance. Including 4 pets, longspur elite, few emotes, red eyes, imp banner, ball throw.... Prob 160k all up.
Just want the tythonian saber, Gizka and Monkeylizard now, oh and the throne, just not as much as there are plenty of them around.

Also where's the fancy looking pistol for my gunslinger?
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaěteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Anzel
11.17.2012 , 07:56 PM | #14
The Crime Lords Packs are garbage. A total waste of money. (coins = money)
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Kubernetic
11.17.2012 , 08:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Having been subscribed since release, and playing almost every day, and getting only 2200 coins and spending them all on crime lord cartel packs, I am pretty disappointed with the useless rewards I obtained from them. As a level 50, experience boost are of no use to me.

As a subscriber, I should be paying for all the content. But I have to pay more for cartel coins?

How about each subscriber gets 500 coins every WEEK, or two weeks, instead of every month, that way, your subscribers who already pay you monthly, some of them having been here since release, can have more goes at opening these "high value" lockboxes.

Or simply increase the rewards for them. Honestly, they aren't worth it. I feel stupid now for paying for them. OH well
You don't have to ever spend a single cartel coin. Fun is fun, but I'm sorry you didn't get any good items in your cartel packs.

I bought about 12-15 different packs, got a few mounts, a few pets, a number of boosts and crafting materials, and a few of the rare armor pieces and crystals. I doubt it was worth the actual money on these things, but the money I spent on coins was definitely worth it for some of the new armor sets, like the Outlaw's suit.

Again, though, you never need to spend any cartel coins. And asking for 500 a week is a bit overboard, IMHO.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

KupX
11.21.2012 , 02:15 PM | #16
I`m already bought more 35 crime lord`s cartel packs but don`t got something interest (white crystal or mask), only useless stuff

Don`t spend money on catrel coins, better buy what u need in game on GTM. IMHO

melodylane
11.21.2012 , 02:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The real win right now is to enjoy the glut of pack items for sale on the GTN. Buy now, buy often.. because once supply/demand balances in a few weeks and people quit hitting the cartel packs like they are candy... prices are going to go up on the GTN for most things.
I'll never buy one of those packs from the GTN ....those things are 500,000 credits a piece!
They must done lost their minds As my mom says. LOL

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

SithRadel
11.22.2012 , 07:05 AM | #18
Honestly I see alot of whining going on.

You don't like what you're getting? Go cry about it. It's about chance. Luck. You could open one for the first time and get a Nihilus mask, turn around and sell it for nearly 2mil, or you could get complete crap. You might just be aiming for an item you want like a Heroes banner or glowing eyes. It's your fault that you bought it, so don't complain about it. Grow up.
"Where the republic burns, is where I shall stand victorious atop mounds of ashen Jedi knights... With your severed head in the palm of my hand.."

claxdog
11.22.2012 , 07:35 AM | #19
I bought 5 and got my throne on the third one so quit qq'ing.
Alienware Aurora r4 core i7 3820 16gb 1333 dual 7950 in crossfireX 2-256gb ssd 3x27inch monitors in eyfinity 5760x1080
viva la credits

sumuji
11.22.2012 , 07:39 AM | #20
I used my free coins on 5 bags and turned it into like 2,000,000 credits selling things and kept a few nice things for myself. Just a mater of luck.

If you're a subber you can just pretend the shop doesn't exist since none of it matters in the least bit. You can still blow your monthly coins on the least expensive bag and still have a chance at getting the rare stuff.