Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

DarthWoad
11.17.2012 , 06:11 PM | #1
Having been subscribed since release, and playing almost every day, and getting only 2200 coins and spending them all on crime lord cartel packs, I am pretty disappointed with the useless rewards I obtained from them. As a level 50, experience boost are of no use to me.

As a subscriber, I should be paying for all the content. But I have to pay more for cartel coins?

How about each subscriber gets 500 coins every WEEK, or two weeks, instead of every month, that way, your subscribers who already pay you monthly, some of them having been here since release, can have more goes at opening these "high value" lockboxes.

Or simply increase the rewards for them. Honestly, they aren't worth it. I feel stupid now for paying for them. OH well

melodylane
11.17.2012 , 06:19 PM | #2
Yeah I was confused as to what a Cartel Pack really was. I wasn't aware that it was basically like buying a lottery ticket. I quickly realized they were not worth it. I stopped after I bought 3 and they didn't give anything worth having.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

Leweegibo
11.17.2012 , 06:21 PM | #3
Subscribers should definitely get more coins, or a free pack every week or fortnight, or something! its a joke how it is now for us subbers
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

SilentKitty
11.17.2012 , 06:30 PM | #4
Can see myself getting a pack once in a while just for fun but if there is a specific item that I want to have it might be better to buy it on GTN. Packs are just for fun, bonus if I get a specific item that I wished for.
Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. Please fix this!

mjwalsh
11.17.2012 , 06:33 PM | #5
500 coins a month isn't even that bad, it's whatever.. What pissed me off was being a purchaser of a collectors edition and being consistently subscribed since launch meaning I've spent hundreds of dollars on swtor, and I got less than $20 worth of cartel coins.. *** is that? That's what really pissed me off the most. RNG is whatever, bioware has a weird obsession with it and I get it, but it's stupid that we get less than $20 worth of coins for all of the support we've given bioware in their fails.
W A L S H | T H E B A S T I O N
E T E R N A L D O M I N I O N
Swtor Guild

Gomla
11.17.2012 , 06:39 PM | #6
I admit, I got coins today when I said I wasn't going to.

Just wanted to see what the fuss was about those packs.

I got 12 and nothing of use so call it lesson learned and I know not to do it again.

terrorfistjab
11.17.2012 , 06:47 PM | #7
Personally I think subscribers should be allowed to buy CC coins with in-game credits. Let's face it most of that content would have been put naturally in the game as drops or what have you, and the really goofy stuff probably wouldn't have been developed; so why not let the subs get it with their creds, plus it is another money sink for the game to keep subs busy.

Of course I am not too hurt about it, there is only one thing I really wanted out of them and I am pretty sure I will be able to get it off the GTN for a decent price once all the price gouging has stopped, and market forces kick in.

dogmaticus
11.17.2012 , 06:50 PM | #8
We (subscribers) get 500 CC's, which is an F2P MMO standard. Why would we get more? And the Cartel Packs? Well.. it always is a lottery - doesn't matter if it's TOR, CO or STO (or whatever) - it always is a bit like gambling - you can hit the jackpot, or you can lose money for nothing. I bought two of them - and I enjoyed stuff from both of them (some vanity pet and a speeder).

Andryah
11.17.2012 , 07:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by melodylane View Post
Yeah I was confused as to what a Cartel Pack really was. I wasn't aware that it was basically like buying a lottery ticket. I quickly realized they were not worth it. I stopped after I bought 3 and they didn't give anything worth having.
The real win right now is to enjoy the glut of pack items for sale on the GTN. Buy now, buy often.. because once supply/demand balances in a few weeks and people quit hitting the cartel packs like they are candy... prices are going to go up on the GTN for most things.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Darth_Vampirius
11.17.2012 , 07:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dogmaticus View Post
We (subscribers) get 500 CC's, which is an F2P MMO standard. Why would we get more? And the Cartel Packs? Well.. it always is a lottery - doesn't matter if it's TOR, CO or STO (or whatever) - it always is a bit like gambling - you can hit the jackpot, or you can lose money for nothing. I bought two of them - and I enjoyed stuff from both of them (some vanity pet and a speeder).
Why? Because SWTOR's prices are much higher than the industry's standard pricing, especially for the Legacy unlocks.
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//