Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive serverwide gtn fail

DkSharktooth
11.17.2012 , 09:29 AM | #1
Before: Deposit on a big ticket item high enough to make you think twice about taking it down and losing your deposit.

Now: Listing Price for a 5M item is like 400 credits.

PROBLEM?
YA!
List item, get undercut, take it down, undercut them, they take it down, undercut you...yak yak yak
All the cartel items are going for like 20-100k now aside from white crystal, throne, mask...but they are getting there.

But the main fail remains, -400credit loss on taking down and relisting big ticket items will and already killed the market prices beyond a reasonable amount.

heechJunzi
11.17.2012 , 09:57 AM | #2
Wait... what? You used to lose your deposit from canceling your auction? Since when?
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Fornix
11.17.2012 , 10:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
Wait... what? You used to lose your deposit from canceling your auction? Since when?
Since launch?
Member of <Helix>

Cosia
11.17.2012 , 10:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Since launch?
I always got it back in the mail.
Avorel: Jedi Guardian
Legacy 50

Shingara
11.17.2012 , 10:32 AM | #5
so a free market is bad is it, nope, just means that people wont charge stupid money for simple cosmetic items.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Pollamayor
11.17.2012 , 10:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosia View Post
They are talking about if you cancel the listing before the time ran out. In this case you would lose your deposit. If the sale ends without purchase then you receive the item and deposit back in the mail.

LordArtemis
11.17.2012 , 10:34 AM | #7
If this is actually happening I think this is a great thing. Causing the overall price levels to deflate, especially in the presence of a increased supply of credits due to the removal of certain moneysinks (by allowing them to be purchased by coins instead) means more for everyone IMO.

I think it's likely the market will adjust.

Kadin
11.17.2012 , 10:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosia View Post
You only get it back when it sells or ends with no buyout. I've never gotten the posting fee refunded when I've cancelled an item. Been like this since launch.

FourTwent
11.17.2012 , 10:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Before: Deposit on a big ticket item high enough to make you think twice about taking it down and losing your deposit.

Now: Listing Price for a 5M item is like 400 credits.

PROBLEM?
YA!
List item, get undercut, take it down, undercut them, they take it down, undercut you...yak yak yak
All the cartel items are going for like 20-100k now aside from white crystal, throne, mask...but they are getting there.

But the main fail remains, -400credit loss on taking down and relisting big ticket items will and already killed the market prices beyond a reasonable amount.
competition sucks doesn't it? im sorry you aren't willing to sell items at a reasonable price

TheRealCandyMan
11.17.2012 , 10:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
Since always.

As for the OP, that's how supply and demand works.