I like F2P

Desolatos

Just thought I'd chuck a thread in here that was positive towards F2P. I think that for the most part its pretty cool and I know a couple people who are trying out and enjoying the game because of it. However...

2 ACTION BARS IS RIDICULOUS PLEASE MAKE IT 3 OR EVEN 4. BIOWARE HAVE YOU TRIED TO TANK WITH 2 BARS? TURNS OUT ITS ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE.

But yeah, other than that I think most of the restrictions are pretty fair and there a good level of incentive to throw down some cash if you want more.

Just thought I'd chuck a thread in here that was positive towards F2P. I think that for the most part its pretty cool and I know a couple people who are trying out and enjoying the game because of it. However...

2 ACTION BARS IS RIDICULOUS PLEASE MAKE IT 3 OR EVEN 4. BIOWARE HAVE YOU TRIED TO TANK WITH 2 BARS? TURNS OUT ITS ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE.

But yeah, other than that I think most of the restrictions are pretty fair and there a good level of incentive to throw down some cash if you want more.

Pretty sure this is the vast majority of complaints. I'd have been fine if they gave me 4, maybe even 3 bars.

Yeah, they honestly didn't think this one through.

Unlimited access to Warzones and Flashpoints is one of the big bennies of being a subscriber. Warzones and Flashpoints are also the places most heavily hit by lack of quickbar space. Warzones on 2 hotbars seem set to give a prospective customer the idea that PvP in SWToR is a frustrating mess and why in the sam hill should they pay for it? Flashpoints too if they want to be something other than a DPS.

It's just... poorly considered.

Edited by Guancyto

buy the bars with cartel coins, get preferred status which unlocks more features. its all the money anyone who wants to level a f2p character with less restriction.

I'm actually subscribed at the moment and I've got 1700 coins so I'll buy the bars if I want to unsubscribe, however I still think that three should be the absolute minimum even for a completely free player or at the very least preferred should get them automatically. Maybe three for free and four for preferred could be reasonable. Once that's changed I'll be very happy with F2P. I intend on going on and off subscription as I already do, but now I can use F2P to play alts and my main more casually when I've got less time to justify the sub.

It's been a surprisingly good launch. The graphics additions look good, and the new content for 1.5 has been the best since 1.2, imho. The F2P shop stuff is also alright, and looks as though it will make a lot of money for SWTOR.

Though maybe a silly gripe, I really wish they'd fix the taxi bugs on Coruscant.