Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightside Sith

psheets
11.17.2012 , 12:42 AM | #1
Between the Warrior and Inquisitor stories which one makes more sense and plays out better from a lightside/darkside perspective? I would like to see both sides of the fence but sometimes have issues playing "evil" characters so it is an all or nothing situation.

Thanks for any input!

RendValor
11.17.2012 , 01:21 AM | #2
I very much enjoyed playing my lightside Sith Inquisitor.

Now mind you, a lightside Sith is still evil and villainous; he's just not quite as cruel as a darkside Sith
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Chaloss
11.17.2012 , 01:23 AM | #3
I would say Inquisitor is better on light side than Warrior. Warrior background already suggests dark side as I doubt overseer would hold you in such high esteem if he thought otherwise. Inquisitor on other hand is not even hinted and as former slave could easily be on lighter side of Sith.

Helig
11.17.2012 , 03:26 AM | #4
I loved playing Grey Warrior with a LS lean. I envisioned him as something of a Samurai - one honorable, loyal, dutiful, somewhat arrogant and entitled and prepared to do what is necessary, if duty demands such.

Turned out great. Much more depth to the story than the "Stupid Evil" Dark Side, or "irrational wuss" Light Side, both of which I played through in Beta.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Khyle
11.17.2012 , 03:27 AM | #5
I've played every one of those options (DS Inq, LS Inq, DS Warrior, LS Warrior) until completing their stories on Korriban -DS Warrior until lvl40- and I was pretty satisfied with all of them. Each has their own benefits and all can make sense to a point, although some things you just MUST do despite being light-sided are a bit... awkward .

Which one makes more sense as LS, though? I think Inquisitor wins this by a small margin. You can imagine your character as a force-sensitive slave who is just forced to face the trials unless he/she wants to die. And after that perhaps he/she wants to become more powerful to change the Empire from within and abolish slavery, or -as I did, since I'm a bit of a RPer- become stronger in the Dark Side (your alignment might be LS but you are still a Sith who uses the DS to fight) with a similar objective as Darth Plagueis: to learn to use the Force to cheat death and save everyone you love.

But LS Warrior can be pretty awesome too, especially because that's what makes more sense (still doable as DS though) if you want to befriend and romance Vette, who I find to be the best companion character in the game. And you can still get Baras on his nerves: that doesn't depend on alignment.
"You let one of them go, but that's nothing new. Every now and then, a little victim's spared... because she smiled, cos he's got freckles, cos they begged. And that's how you live with yourself, that's how you slaughter millions. Because once in a while, on a whim, if the wind's in the right directionů you happen to be kind."

Altheran
11.17.2012 , 08:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I loved playing Grey Warrior with a LS lean. I envisioned him as something of a Samurai - one honorable, loyal, dutiful, somewhat arrogant and entitled and prepared to do what is necessary, if duty demands such.

Turned out great. Much more depth to the story than the "Stupid Evil" Dark Side, or "irrational wuss" Light Side, both of which I played through in Beta.
Same here (except I haven't explored Dark-side and Light-side paths beforehand in beta). Very interesting story when following this path (and doesn't suffer of any inconsistance, or illogic situations).

For the Inquisitor who I'm still in Chapter I, I don't see anything else working other than Dark-side (not inevitably 100% Dark-side, I find that some Light choices are sometimes wiser for my Inquisitor who is a kind of master-mind, and so allies are easier to manipulate) because the story itself is much more self-centered and about ambitions and power... So playing Light-side or Grey as Inquisitor seems abnormal to me.

RendValor
11.17.2012 , 06:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
For the Inquisitor who I'm still in Chapter I, I don't see anything else working other than Dark-side (not inevitably 100% Dark-side, I find that some Light choices are sometimes wiser for my Inquisitor who is a kind of master-mind, and so allies are easier to manipulate) because the story itself is much more self-centered and about ambitions and power... So playing Light-side or Grey as Inquisitor seems abnormal to me.
Lightside Inquisitors are still driven by ambition and thirst for power; "Lightside" doesn't mean "Goody Two Shoes", it just means they're not as much of an a-hole
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Mr_Maniac
11.18.2012 , 05:00 PM | #8
Both work either way. Inquisitor works well as a lightsider because they're a former slave: you could either be bitter, but you could equally just be a nice person who people keep telling to go around doing Sith stuff. But I also like playing the Warrior as this guy who just goes around liking the Empire, but is ultimately a good chap (if a bit of a *****). Goes against stereotypes, you know? Plus darksiding him just makes him a prat.

Of course, there's a key thing to remember. A darkside Inquisitor can go around randomly shocking people.

They're all, "Hello", and you're all "Bzzt! Electriciiiiiiity!".

Xargyn
11.18.2012 , 06:26 PM | #9
I played Light sided for both classes, and I think the Warrior is better suited for a Light sided story than the Inquisitor. The Warrior starts off as a member of the nobility, while the Inquisitor starts off as a slave. So the warrior has seen the best that the Empire has to offer, while the Inquisitor has seen the worst. Now the Inquisitor story works if you want to go Light side, but if I had to choose just one to be the "good guy" I'd go with the Warrior.

And keep in mind that the warrior's apprentice will have a different personality and abilities based on if you're going Light or Dark sided with her. No other class has a companion that changes to that degree.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

Bleeters
11.18.2012 , 06:32 PM | #10
Confused why people are recommending Inquisitor for a light side character. it works to a point, but act three all but beats you over the head with a sign saying "your character is dark side, deal with it". I found it practically impossible to walk out the the Xalek recruitment scene or the activation of the Silencer feeling that my character had been acting remotely consistently with being light sided.

I mean, ok. I can appreciate that a light inquisitor isn't truely light sided, and is effectively still a sith without being a sociopathic murdering dark side jerk, but you'll still inevitably get to the point of being asked to choose between supporting blatant murder, blatantly murdering yourself, or telling another character to shut the hell up whilst he's criticising someone for being a blatant murderer, who you apparently want on your crew. And blowing up an entire fleet as part of your personal power struggle. It's hard to equate that with a tempered, compassionate personality.