Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No side quick bars?

Gontarius
11.17.2012 , 05:04 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
Big suprise that you are gimped a bit in a f2p game when you pay nothing for it. .
Try League of Legends. Or Guild Wars 2 if you're into another MMO.

I heard both are making money hand over fist. Are you gimped in either?

Mormoz
11.18.2012 , 05:59 AM | #72
Played TOR for 6 months, since its release. It grew dull to me, but now that it is f2p, I decided to give it another try. No side quick bars is just ridiculous, anyone saying it is just a 'convenience', obviously has no idea what they're talking about. You can never utilize your class to the fullest when you do not have acces to all of your abilities. I'm fine with it that they charge you for all sorts of ridiculousness, like having to pay to display a title, because it's a f2p model after all. However, when they're going to charge you for something as basic and essential as having full acces to your abilities, that is crossing the line between a good f2p model and a bad one.

I am willing to pay for all the cosmetic crap, but not for something as quickbars... It's just absurd.

Rehneu
11.18.2012 , 06:05 AM | #73
Unlock them via the Cartel Market. What is the problem? That is other then wanting every single thing paying subscribers get for free.

irrererivan
11.18.2012 , 03:50 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehneu View Post
Unlock them via the Cartel Market. What is the problem? That is other then wanting every single thing paying subscribers get for free.
because the idea is that someone should play this game F2P and have so much fun with it that s/he willingly starts buying cosmetic stuff, the ability to do more instances a day, getting to play new contend a month earlier etc.
not to make a *cough* DLC *cough* out of already existing game parts, to make people way too annoyed with the game to even give it a try.
the question for returning customers should be "what exciting things can i gain from investing money" not "what have i lost now and have to pay money for"

i cannot speak for anyone but me, but my experience yesterday was:
going online
try to get the quickbars back for 30mins
google it, findign this thread
going to my space ship, flying a space mission, seeing that there are no new ones (or them being p2p)
realizing it is the same game that i didn't like enough to pay for, just now with even less things in it
leaving.

i mean really, who thought that you can attract more paying customers in F2P by giving them a game first thats worse than the one too few people wanted in first place?

CelCawdro
11.18.2012 , 03:56 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Gontarius View Post
Try League of Legends. Or Guild Wars 2 if you're into another MMO.

I heard both are making money hand over fist. Are you gimped in either?
Guild Wars 2 is not free to play. Not anymore than any regular PC game.

Guancyto
11.18.2012 , 04:06 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehneu View Post
Basic UI =/= every single thing.

Look at every site that isn't this one. Massively. MMOChampion. mmorpg.com.

Literally no one outside the SWToR sounding box thinks this is a good idea. There are good things being said about most other aspects. Not this one. Not on their forums. Not on their comments sections. Not in their articles.

Bioware was going to make it one bar until overwhelming negative feedback from their testers got them to change their mind. Think about that for a second. They thought that was acceptable. Imagine the complaints they'd be be getting if they had gone with that.

Chaac
11.18.2012 , 04:25 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Crabbits View Post
I completely disagree with you. You get the best part of the game for free. I have no problem with you having to pay for a little a little quality of life toolbar.

I pay for my sidebars.
I would hardly call the quickbars quality of life. Some classes simply cannot operate with only two quick bars which means their essential to play the game. My partner decided to come back to the game with F2P and was looking forward to playing, he only quit because with economic times being hard we couldn't afford two subs and he wasn't into the game as much as me. He only lasted a couple of hours, not because he wasn't enjoying the game but because he already had two characters who were both high level and have too many skills to be able to use with just two bars. He didn't want to delete one of those two and create a new one when the same issue would arise as soon as he hit a high level again and right now we just don't have the spare cash to purchase coins to buy those slots so he's re-uninstalled. In a month or two when money isn't as tight he might have spent some money in the cash shop buying various other things, but because he can't play he's gone away from the game and I'd be highly surprised if he came back again.

Edit: Just to add, one extra quick slot bar and this wouldn't have been an issue, but with only two it is. I really don't see why people couldn't have had three bars with the cash option for three more when many classes have so many skills that possessing at least three is essential to game play.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."