Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No side quick bars?

Skodan
11.16.2012 , 01:54 AM | #21
im a subber and plan on staying subbed but i see no reason to restrict quickbars for free/premium players.

it would have made sense for BW to give free/premium 4 slots with the ability to purchase with cartel coins slots 5 and 6; and then give 5/6 free to subbers, that would have made sense.

before f2p, its not like the trial members were restricted quickbar wise, heck they couldnt pass level 15 so they didnt really need more than 2 bars, but now that there is no level limit for free players it will be really restrictive.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

AshlaBoga
11.16.2012 , 02:31 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by gregordunbar View Post
So it makes sense for them to give a crapier version of a failed game that few are willing to pay for?

And here I thought the reason why there are successful F2P games is because they created a ton of micro-transaction items to sell that enhanced their average games somehow making it a cash cow....I guess wishful thinking and pure ignorance can go a long w..never mind, it doesnt. They fired the wrong people at Bioware because the derp is still strong here.
The end goal is to encourage players to subscribe. They want to give them a large taste of the game to wet their appetite and see if they wish to continue after the complete Act 3 on 2 characters. After people have 2 50s BW hopes they'll subscribe, they want to pressure people into subbing. And to be honest, this is a good way to make subscribers feel like they're not been cheated out of the months they pay for from Dec 2011 to Nov 2012. If F2P players got all that content for free then the backlash from the people who played for 11 months would be devastating to the game.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

BatGoko
11.16.2012 , 02:33 AM | #23
I have to say that the lack of the quick side bars is the least to worry me in the F2P version. Honetly I am more worried of the lack of trade with my friends, that I can`t wishper, nor have acces to bank. There are more to count but will stop to these only for now. The restriction of the "free" players are making this from Free-2Play to Pay-2-Win game....

sumuji
11.16.2012 , 02:37 AM | #24
F2P people should get the basic UI. For that matter they should get the basic game except for the restrictions on content that can be ran. There shouldn't be restictions on loot rolls, chat, mail, GTN...etc, either. The item shop should not be selling anything other than vanity items, gambling bags,character and space slots, and unblocks on content restictions

As a subber with no plans of unsubbing I have to side with some of the whiners here that BW might have went a little overboard with inconviences. The current setup will likely alienate more players than bring people in leaving them back where they started with a leaky ship. Shouldn't have to micro-transact just to fully play the barebones game minus the content lockouts.

unexpectedemon
11.16.2012 , 02:48 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BatGoko View Post
I have to say that the lack of the quick side bars is the least to worry me in the F2P version. Honetly I am more worried of the lack of trade with my friends, that I can`t wishper, nor have acces to bank. There are more to count but will stop to these only for now. The restriction of the "free" players are making this from Free-2Play to Pay-2-Win game....
i know...2 quickslots, 350k credit cap can't buy anything, can't even trade...new player sprint at lvl 15?? ***

AshlaBoga
11.16.2012 , 03:01 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BatGoko View Post
Okay enough with the Pay-2-Win. You really need to stop using a term you clearly don't understand. Here's a quote from Joystiq: "The truth is that the costs are known in advance; the toll is painted on the sign in giant letters. If you don't see it, that doesn't automatically qualify the game as pay-to-win. It qualifies you as someone who cannot afford the toll."

You need to sub in order to gain access to the full feaatures. Not having access to the full features is a handicap. This does not make the game pay-to-win, it makes it pay-to-play.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

HarryDemeanor
11.16.2012 , 03:36 AM | #27
The quickbars restriction needs to be thrown out the window. It wasn't a great idea in the beginning and people on these forums wanted it gone. I'm not sure why BioWare hasn't gone back on their decision but it needs to happen. People see it on the list of free-to-play restrictions and just laugh at it because it doesn't make any sense.

lklinga
11.16.2012 , 04:24 AM | #28
I understand now why BW does not listen to the players of this game.

This latest whine fest is simply hilarious.

1 UI quickbars do not need them until level 20 you are perfectly fine with 2 maybe even higher.
2 For measly 4 dollars you get the quick bars and sprint and other things activated on first purchase.

You got the game for free and all the story which is basically the best part for free.

You did not have to pay for the box like with GW2 so they have to make some cash and annoy you to get at least small one time purchase and reward you for that.

Shut up

GrandMike
11.16.2012 , 04:27 AM | #29
This will be new synonim for "epic fail".

But thats EA for ya - 1 step forward, 3 steps back

JerichoOne
11.16.2012 , 01:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CapWinterz View Post
You have to remember this isn't some extra stuff like new content or a mount, items or a pet or something like that, this is essential to gameplay, you have a tonne of abilites which require 3-4 action bars, and they only give FTP 2 action bars, this will drive more potential costumers away then it will persuade into paying, everything else is justifiable wihtin reason but limiting action bars, this is a first i have ever seen and as much as i love Star Wars and this game, what the hell were they thinking.
This is absolutely right on the dot. I was expecting them to take away ALOT of things, such as species, limit 2 per server, items, and what not. However, when you are limiting someone's ABILITY TO PLAY the actual game........well, that's just trolling, imo. I have 2 lvl 50 characters and I can't play them. Instead of saying, "oh tor will be free-to-play in November," they should have said, "oh it's still gonna be free-to-play up to lvl 15 still." Any higher lvl than that and you can't play due to a lack of quick bars.

It's like a movie theater telling people that some movies are free to watch. You then go over to the theater and they cover up half the screen and turn the volume to 2 if you don't pay them, while I was expecting to watch the movie but with lower quality with a television sized screen. It's like, what's the point? Well, that's not the best example b/c I actually paid full price for the game when it came out last winter.

And if someone can give me an actual justification, if there is one, rather than just giving ******** comments and being a troll and saying "well, what did you expect," I would appreciate it.....