Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No side quick bars?

denpic
11.15.2012 , 11:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ChoMPi_Original View Post
This is crap... i payed for the game and now they want me to pay more for features that i already payed for ?

The UI is part of the game not part of the server, is this robbery or what ?
Honesty going from a subscriber to f2p thinking you're going to get the same experience is = fail
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

ChoMPi_Original
11.15.2012 , 11:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
Honesty going from a subscriber to f2p thinking you're going to get the same experience is = fail
Completely irrelative... My point is i feel like Bioware is stealing from me and i dont like it...

CapWinterz
11.15.2012 , 11:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
Of course you're going to get a crapy version it's free....
It basically comes down to this Cough up the 15bucks or shut up
You have to remember this isn't some extra stuff like new content or a mount, items or a pet or something like that, this is essential to gameplay, you have a tonne of abilites which require 3-4 action bars, and they only give FTP 2 action bars, this will drive more potential costumers away then it will persuade into paying, everything else is justifiable wihtin reason but limiting action bars, this is a first i have ever seen and as much as i love Star Wars and this game, what the hell were they thinking.
Mandatory Referral link aswell as FAQ.

Synxos
11.15.2012 , 11:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by obbyuk View Post
i simply refuse to be ripped off!
Only poor people refuse to be ripped off!!!

Who am I?
A biodrone!

Draekos
11.15.2012 , 11:19 PM | #15
Completely irrelative... My point is i feel like Bioware is stealing from me and i dont like it...
How so? You got exactly what you paid for, access to the game while you paid your sub.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

CeruleanNite
11.16.2012 , 12:08 AM | #16
When I was researching the preferred status for returning players I am sure they had us at 4 hot bars, now to find out it is 2 just makes me mad. Frankly they are treating the preferred players almost like the complete f2p players. Not a very good way to get us back.

Give us at least 4 hot bars and 4 characters.

ChoMPi_Original
11.16.2012 , 12:28 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Draekos View Post
How so? You got exactly what you paid for, access to the game while you paid your sub.
That is not the case, the server service is the one that requires you to subscribe... It's like a computer and the internet, you have the computer but you gotta pay monthly for internet so those quick bars should be accessible for players who own the game...

I've seen dying games before and im sure this F2P option is simply made to get as much money as possible before throwing the game in the mud...

Draekos
11.16.2012 , 12:53 AM | #18
That is not the case, the server service is the one that requires you to subscribe... It's like a computer and the internet, you have the computer but you gotta pay monthly for internet so those quick bars should be accessible for players who own the game...

I've seen dying games before and im sure this F2P option is simply made to get as much money as possible before throwing the game in the mud...
Dunno I quit playing WoW several years ago and they wont let me play the vanilla game or 2 expansions I paid for. Then again I understand that paying a sub for a MMO is paying for access during the timeframe of that sub, nothing more.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

Mandrax
11.16.2012 , 01:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by YuricKeldiran View Post
This is the only problem I have with the FTP SWTOR. I am after all a come back player. The quick bars should be provided to all player, weather or not they are only coming back or they are new. I'm fine with everything else though, in matter of fact I was planning on getting some coin and getting so of the cool new stuff. Please provide the quick bars for everyone, there are simply too many abilities to try and put in the given amount of slots right now.
Being a returning player means nothing to BioWare. Many other F2P games give extra rewards to those people who have previously spent money on the game and on subscriptions, yet BioWare treats these players the same as the other F2P players.

I realise that former players can get Cartel coins for former 'loyalty', but they only actually get these if they pay for a subscription. Most other games have three tiers of accounts - F2P, Premium (former players) and Subscription. But I guess why should we be surprised when EA are involved?

As I said in a previous post, this is probably the worst implementation of F2P in an MMO that I have ever seen.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Dalaell
11.16.2012 , 01:28 AM | #20
I think the UI restrictions suck as well.

As does the credit cap. I thought it'd be great for F2P and preferred players to be able to save up and buy the cartel items from the GTN for credits, I could trade some of my monthly coins into an item someone might need and pad my back account to spend on other ingame items, but that's not going to be very likely since the only ones who can buy them are subscribers. The people who need them the most, can't.

I'd rather see content unlocks and cosmetic things (gear, pets, mounts, etc) not UI and things needed to play the game.

I played STO for a while and the F2P setup rocks. If you don't wanna spend real money, you can gear an ingame currency you can trade to others who want that currency that did want to spend real money. I couldn't find any sort of UI or play restriction either. I don't even think there was much of a Money cap unless it was a real high one.

As for additional characters...honestly the simplest way is to sub for 1 month and make them all and unsub.
I started my dad a trial account last night and made a character of each class/faction and he now has 9 of 2 characters. He can't make anymore or if he deletes one he can't have it back, but he has quite a few characters. Should he want another it'd be worth subbing for a month to get it. Plus it'd be good for the preferred status anyway. I'm just surprised at how restrictive preferred is.

The system needs a little more thought. It could definitely be better.