No side quick bars?

YuricKeldiran

This is the only problem I have with the FTP SWTOR. I am after all a come back player. The quick bars should be provided to all player, weather or not they are only coming back or they are new. I'm fine with everything else though, in matter of fact I was planning on getting some coin and getting so of the cool new stuff. Please provide the quick bars for everyone, there are simply too many abilities to try and put in the given amount of slots right now.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that, i was planning on buying some $C tonight after not playing TOR in many months, but feeling very limited here with 2 hotbars, to be honest i think its disgusting to try and charge for a GUI element! well that was enough to say bah F it, il stick to Tera unless that changes, so well done Bioware you are already putting some of us off from spending money. And dont say well just pay for the extra UI, i simply refuse to be ripped off! Edited by obbyuk

Wait, you didnt expect Bioware to get F2P close to right did you?

I cannot think of any other F2P game ever made that required you to BUY UI options...some of the things they have done makes no sense at all, they want to bring in new players but are locking things most likely to limit a person enjoying the game more...

The game wasnt good enough to keep most players full tilt, and they think locking basics is going to make people want to pay...its almost as if they WANT the game to go full fail.

Of course you're going to get a crapy version it's free....

It basically comes down to this Cough up the 15bucks or shut up

So it makes sense for them to give a crapier version of a failed game that few are willing to pay for?

And here I thought the reason why there are successful F2P games is because they created a ton of micro-transaction items to sell that enhanced their average games somehow making it a cash cow....I guess wishful thinking and pure ignorance can go a long w..never mind, it doesnt. They fired the wrong people at Bioware because the derp is still strong here.

So it makes sense for them to give a crapier version of a failed game that few are willing to pay for?

And here I thought the reason why there are successful F2P games is because they created a ton of micro-transaction items to sell that enhanced their average games somehow making it a cash cow....I guess wishful thinking and pure ignorance can go a long w..never mind, it doesnt. They fired the wrong people at Bioware because the derp is still strong here.

I agree....

This is crap... i payed for the game and now they want me to pay more for features that i already payed for ?

The UI is part of the game not part of the server, is this robbery or what ?

Honesty going from a subscriber to f2p thinking you're going to get the same experience is = fail

Of course you're going to get a crapy version it's free....

It basically comes down to this Cough up the 15bucks or shut up

You have to remember this isn't some extra stuff like new content or a mount, items or a pet or something like that, this is essential to gameplay, you have a tonne of abilites which require 3-4 action bars, and they only give FTP 2 action bars, this will drive more potential costumers away then it will persuade into paying, everything else is justifiable wihtin reason but limiting action bars, this is a first i have ever seen and as much as i love Star Wars and this game, what the hell were they thinking.

When I was researching the preferred status for returning players I am sure they had us at 4 hot bars, now to find out it is 2 just makes me mad. Frankly they are treating the preferred players almost like the complete f2p players. Not a very good way to get us back.

Give us at least 4 hot bars and 4 characters.

How so? You got exactly what you paid for, access to the game while you paid your sub.

That is not the case, the server service is the one that requires you to subscribe... It's like a computer and the internet, you have the computer but you gotta pay monthly for internet so those quick bars should be accessible for players who own the game...

I've seen dying games before and im sure this F2P option is simply made to get as much money as possible before throwing the game in the mud...

That is not the case, the server service is the one that requires you to subscribe... It's like a computer and the internet, you have the computer but you gotta pay monthly for internet so those quick bars should be accessible for players who own the game...

I've seen dying games before and im sure this F2P option is simply made to get as much money as possible before throwing the game in the mud...

Dunno I quit playing WoW several years ago and they wont let me play the vanilla game or 2 expansions I paid for. Then again I understand that paying a sub for a MMO is paying for access during the timeframe of that sub, nothing more.

Edited by Draekos

This is the only problem I have with the FTP SWTOR. I am after all a come back player. The quick bars should be provided to all player, weather or not they are only coming back or they are new. I'm fine with everything else though, in matter of fact I was planning on getting some coin and getting so of the cool new stuff. Please provide the quick bars for everyone, there are simply too many abilities to try and put in the given amount of slots right now.

Being a returning player means nothing to BioWare. Many other F2P games give extra rewards to those people who have previously spent money on the game and on subscriptions, yet BioWare treats these players the same as the other F2P players.

I realise that former players can get Cartel coins for former 'loyalty', but they only actually get these if they pay for a subscription. Most other games have three tiers of accounts - F2P, Premium (former players) and Subscription. But I guess why should we be surprised when EA are involved?

As I said in a previous post, this is probably the worst implementation of F2P in an MMO that I have ever seen.

Edited by Mandrax

I think the UI restrictions suck as well.

As does the credit cap. I thought it'd be great for F2P and preferred players to be able to save up and buy the cartel items from the GTN for credits, I could trade some of my monthly coins into an item someone might need and pad my back account to spend on other ingame items, but that's not going to be very likely since the only ones who can buy them are subscribers. The people who need them the most, can't.

I'd rather see content unlocks and cosmetic things (gear, pets, mounts, etc) not UI and things needed to play the game.

I played STO for a while and the F2P setup rocks. If you don't wanna spend real money, you can gear an ingame currency you can trade to others who want that currency that did want to spend real money. I couldn't find any sort of UI or play restriction either. I don't even think there was much of a Money cap unless it was a real high one.

As for additional characters...honestly the simplest way is to sub for 1 month and make them all and unsub.

I started my dad a trial account last night and made a character of each class/faction and he now has 9 of 2 characters. He can't make anymore or if he deletes one he can't have it back, but he has quite a few characters. Should he want another it'd be worth subbing for a month to get it. Plus it'd be good for the preferred status anyway. I'm just surprised at how restrictive preferred is.

The system needs a little more thought. It could definitely be better.

im a subber and plan on staying subbed but i see no reason to restrict quickbars for free/premium players.

it would have made sense for BW to give free/premium 4 slots with the ability to purchase with cartel coins slots 5 and 6; and then give 5/6 free to subbers, that would have made sense.

before f2p, its not like the trial members were restricted quickbar wise, heck they couldnt pass level 15 so they didnt really need more than 2 bars, but now that there is no level limit for free players it will be really restrictive.

The end goal is to encourage players to subscribe. They want to give them a large taste of the game to wet their appetite and see if they wish to continue after the complete Act 3 on 2 characters. After people have 2 50s BW hopes they'll subscribe, they want to pressure people into subbing. And to be honest, this is a good way to make subscribers feel like they're not been cheated out of the months they pay for from Dec 2011 to Nov 2012. If F2P players got all that content for free then the backlash from the people who played for 11 months would be devastating to the game.

I have to say that the lack of the quick side bars is the least to worry me in the F2P version. Honetly I am more worried of the lack of trade with my friends, that I can`t wishper, nor have acces to bank. There are more to count but will stop to these only for now. The restriction of the "free" players are making this from Free-2Play to Pay-2-Win game.... :mad:

F2P people should get the basic UI. For that matter they should get the basic game except for the restrictions on content that can be ran. There shouldn't be restictions on loot rolls, chat, mail, GTN...etc, either. The item shop should not be selling anything other than vanity items, gambling bags,character and space slots, and unblocks on content restictions

As a subber with no plans of unsubbing I have to side with some of the whiners here that BW might have went a little overboard with inconviences. The current setup will likely alienate more players than bring people in leaving them back where they started with a leaky ship. Shouldn't have to micro-transact just to fully play the barebones game minus the content lockouts.

I have to say that the lack of the quick side bars is the least to worry me in the F2P version. Honetly I am more worried of the lack of trade with my friends, that I can`t wishper, nor have acces to bank. There are more to count but will stop to these only for now. The restriction of the "free" players are making this from Free-2Play to Pay-2-Win game.... :mad:

i know...2 quickslots, 350k credit cap can't buy anything, can't even trade...new player sprint at lvl 15?? ***