Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No side quick bars?

YuricKeldiran
11.15.2012 , 06:53 PM | #1
This is the only problem I have with the FTP SWTOR. I am after all a come back player. The quick bars should be provided to all player, weather or not they are only coming back or they are new. I'm fine with everything else though, in matter of fact I was planning on getting some coin and getting so of the cool new stuff. Please provide the quick bars for everyone, there are simply too many abilities to try and put in the given amount of slots right now.

Crabbits
11.15.2012 , 06:56 PM | #2
I completely disagree with you. You get the best part of the game for free. I have no problem with you having to pay for a little a little quality of life toolbar.

I pay for my sidebars.

obbyuk
11.15.2012 , 07:00 PM | #3
I hear that, i was planning on buying some $C tonight after not playing TOR in many months, but feeling very limited here with 2 hotbars, to be honest i think its disgusting to try and charge for a GUI element! well that was enough to say bah F it, il stick to Tera unless that changes, so well done Bioware you are already putting some of us off from spending money. And dont say well just pay for the extra UI, i simply refuse to be ripped off!

ToneTreble
11.15.2012 , 07:01 PM | #4
I already expect this to change within the month.

gregordunbar
11.15.2012 , 07:13 PM | #5
Wait, you didnt expect Bioware to get F2P close to right did you?

I cannot think of any other F2P game ever made that required you to BUY UI options...some of the things they have done makes no sense at all, they want to bring in new players but are locking things most likely to limit a person enjoying the game more...

The game wasnt good enough to keep most players full tilt, and they think locking basics is going to make people want to pay...its almost as if they WANT the game to go full fail.

denpic
11.15.2012 , 07:19 PM | #6
Of course you're going to get a crapy version it's free....
It basically comes down to this Cough up the 15bucks or shut up

gregordunbar
11.15.2012 , 07:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
Of course you're going to get a crapy version it's free....
It basically comes down to this Cough up the 15bucks or shut up
So it makes sense for them to give a crapier version of a failed game that few are willing to pay for?

And here I thought the reason why there are successful F2P games is because they created a ton of micro-transaction items to sell that enhanced their average games somehow making it a cash cow....I guess wishful thinking and pure ignorance can go a long w..never mind, it doesnt. They fired the wrong people at Bioware because the derp is still strong here.

Crabbits
11.15.2012 , 07:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gregordunbar View Post
So it makes sense for them to give a crapier version of a failed game that few are willing to pay for?

And here I thought the reason why there are successful F2P games is because they created a ton of micro-transaction items to sell that enhanced their average games somehow making it a cash cow....I guess wishful thinking and pure ignorance can go a long w..never mind, it doesnt. They fired the wrong people at Bioware because the derp is still strong here.
I agree....

fro_do_fraggins
11.15.2012 , 07:52 PM | #9
I only have two complaint about SWTOR F2P model:

1) Locking out essential UI functionality -aka the side hotbars
2) Preferred members limited to 2 characters per server

I just can't justify paying for the hotbars I got accustomed to when I played my first month.
(████████████████████[╫///////////╫]█████████████████████)

ChoMPi_Original
11.15.2012 , 10:32 PM | #10
This is crap... i payed for the game and now they want me to pay more for features that i already payed for ?

The UI is part of the game not part of the server, is this robbery or what ?