Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fuzion_Fire
01.02.2013 , 06:40 PM | #1801
Quote: Originally Posted by JoniKeskinen View Post
I managed to get pass the general error the Store gave me, so here's what I did:

Note, I only did this with a Paypal account and not sure if it works for credit cards aswel.

1. Go to your account
2. Then go to Subscription
3. Click "Show your payment history".
4. Delete the saved Paypal account by clicking the cross. And then obviously click "Yes - Delete Saved Account".
5. Now go back to the Store
6. Click the item you wish to purchase

With me at least it did not skip two steps and give the error, but let me chose the payment method manually.
Had no problem paying my Cartel Coins and the Pre-Order expansion after this.

Hope this helps some of you guys!

I am not an tech expert, but it would seem to be an issue with the webpage, thus not an issue with Paypal or any banks.
Thank you soo much this actually worked for me

McLemore
01.02.2013 , 06:47 PM | #1802
Really Bioware a lame state of the game address and you won't even address the problem plaguing us for months now?

Youve experienced error code NU2001. This means there was either a problem processing your billing information or the transaction. If you continue to see this error please contact EA Help via the game-specific HELP link for assistance.
Bergen Colony Born and Bred

La_Trix
01.02.2013 , 06:48 PM | #1803
Still broke for me
Beer and Pie since 2003.

HGPhantamos
01.02.2013 , 07:00 PM | #1804
NU2001, over and over since christmas.... still happening. called my bank and they aren't even receiving anything from the site... was told to reinput my card info, didn't help. Card worked on getting the expansion but now it wont even let me renew my subscription... kind of wondering why I went ahead and got the expansion. This is a LONG time to be having this problem and probably the WORST time of the year to have it. I'm glad for the people that seem to have it resolved for them... but come on guys fix the stuff for everyone. I can't use my c.card, debit, or even pay-pal for this. Tonight a person on the customer service call said that I could buy cartel coins from gameStop.com or walmart.com... that was a bold faced lie. This is just getting old. I have six days on the subscription left and even if I wanted to renew (which I'm second guessing) I can't because of this error. I mean are you guys trying to run the game into the ground? I'm sure you made a good bit of cash from the cartel market, then you shoot yourselves in the foot and make it so people can't give you more money... wow, epic fail... epic

Kawiil
01.02.2013 , 07:39 PM | #1805
Quote: Originally Posted by HGPhantamos View Post
NU2001, over and over since christmas.... still happening. called my bank and they aren't even receiving anything from the site... was told to reinput my card info, didn't help. Card worked on getting the expansion but now it wont even let me renew my subscription... kind of wondering why I went ahead and got the expansion. This is a LONG time to be having this problem and probably the WORST time of the year to have it. I'm glad for the people that seem to have it resolved for them... but come on guys fix the stuff for everyone. I can't use my c.card, debit, or even pay-pal for this. Tonight a person on the customer service call said that I could buy cartel coins from gameStop.com or walmart.com... that was a bold faced lie. This is just getting old. I have six days on the subscription left and even if I wanted to renew (which I'm second guessing) I can't because of this error. I mean are you guys trying to run the game into the ground? I'm sure you made a good bit of cash from the cartel market, then you shoot yourselves in the foot and make it so people can't give you more money... wow, epic fail... epic
It affected me for over a month. You have to contact their tech support. It's NOT a bug, they're doing it intentionally because they think you're "suspicious". Once you get in touch with tech support and give them a heap of information to verify that you are you, they will remove the hold.

This will be done by a "special team" which will contact you after your case has been referred by Origin Live Chat support -OR- they can do it right then and there if you call and wait on hold for 2-6 hours.

Good luck. I've already quit.

Nigredo
01.02.2013 , 08:20 PM | #1806
yeah i think i'm done as well...
Llofnod dileu o ganlyniad i cymedrolwyr facist

iTzCerberus
01.02.2013 , 08:42 PM | #1807
Ok guys this is a long one but here goes,
This is my public rejection of EA as posted on EA's official forum:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear EA, I have been a customer of yours for many years, The first game from EA that i ever had was FIFA soccer 96 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) all the way through to FIFA 13 for PC which was the last EA game i purchased and i cannot even begin to add up all the costs of the many EA games i have owned in between those 2 titles and over the years my opinion of your games has been a good one, With a few problems of course but not too many serious ones over the 16 years i have been a customer playing your games, However over the last 2 years i have encountered no end of problems with your games from FIFA 12 having connection issues and game bugs due to updates you provided such as no visible football (Thats right! a Football game with no football in it!) all my players being black skinned (not a racist slur but actually every footballer in the game having matte black skin) among other issues, To Battlefield 3 being unplayable for me for 7 weeks because of a stupid problem with your Origin service then when i give you more of my hard earned money for the premium edition so i can have the premium status and the expansion packs i have to spend no less than 7 hours over 2 days with your customer support and having to reinstall the game plus expansions 4 times to get the game to work properly (that's 27.8GB of download each time) after i spent my money for an upgrade, Now to FIFA 13 in which your in game coin system for the FIFA Ultimate Team wouldnt work properly (kept failing to purchase) which to be honest wasnt really much of a problem as the game was new and from previous experience from FIFA 12 i expected teething problems, However to discover that EA had actually been taking the money from my bank even though it had told me it had failed several times and costing me around the £50 mark for a £10 purchase i was left more than a little angry, Although this was sorted out very quickly with only a 30 minute phone call i was still pretty annoyed and even after that i had all sorts of problems with FIFA 13 which led me to stop playing and uninstalling the game.

And now we finally come to the last straw, the holy grail of your companies inability to listen to your customers when they bring a problem to your attention, The good old fashioned NU2001 error, For those of you who dont know, This issue is not new, Far from it in fact, This issue has plagued many games including Battlefield P4F (play for free), Battlefield 3 DLC, Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances, FIFA 12 & FIFA 13, Need for Speed: World, Battlefield heroes, etc, etc, etc I mean the list literally goes on and on and on.... and now it has even blundered its way into Star Wars: The old Republic, Which in my opinion is the greatest mmo on the market due to it being story driven and all quests being fully voice acted as opposed the normal,

"Here's a billion quests to do with no real point to them oh and by the way you have to read everything you have to do because even though we have more money than god we cant be arsed recording voices"

And you EA have taken this wonderful game and marketed the whole free to play thing (which im not opposed to) and brought in the same old payment system you have used in all these other games and still players are plagued by the NU2001 error which you have known about for over 2 years, This is the prime example of your companies complete disregard and arrogance towards your customers, this issue is a major issue, Not just for us players but for EA as well because it is affecting your revenue stream, it is counter intuitive to your business model which is to make money, and if thousands of players can not give you money then your losing that money and its a pain for us players too as we want to buy the things that you are offering us.

The fact is that this cannot be impossible for you to fix, it cant be, as many other companies do not have this problem, but your complete disregard for your customers and your lack of communication to your customers is offensive to us, we give you our hard earned money for products which we enjoy, in return all we ask is a little respect from you in the form of communication about our concerns about this 1 issue and your complete lack of such communication is a sure sign to all of us that you do not really care about us or this issue and because of such disrespect here is my rejection in writing to you.

"As of the 3rd January 2013 i will no longer purchase/rent any product licensed/produced or endorsed by EA, i will not be giving you any more of my money, i will not recommend any such products nor will use any such products suggested to me by another party until at the very least you provide information on what you doing to resolve the issue of the NU2001 error "

Now i understand that the loss of 1 customer is nothing to a multi national multi billion dollar company but i am taking a stand and i hope others will follow me.
Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." --Vader to Admiral Motti

Death-Bane
01.02.2013 , 10:02 PM | #1808
Yay the cartel coins is now working for me!

La_Trix
01.02.2013 , 11:19 PM | #1809
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiil View Post
It affected me for over a month. You have to contact their tech support. It's NOT a bug, they're doing it intentionally because they think you're "suspicious". Once you get in touch with tech support and give them a heap of information to verify that you are you, they will remove the hold.

This will be done by a "special team" which will contact you after your case has been referred by Origin Live Chat support -OR- they can do it right then and there if you call and wait on hold for 2-6 hours.

Good luck. I've already quit.
That doesn't make any sense at all. I'm sure it might work, one other person has posted confirming that it works, but why no announcement of this on EA's part? Why no referrals? Why the dropped calls and non-response from service tickets and service calls? They're flooded with calls of this nature, so why not have a canned response referring them?

Why can Origin's techie group do this, and not the group dedicated to this particular game?

It makes absolutely no sense.
Besides, I went to origin myself, and couldn't find their live help link. I did find a few topics that said that TOR wasn't supported on their site, though.

**EDIT**

Copypasta from Origin's help center

Quote:
For any Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ questions, including those about subscriptions, payment methods, other billing items, or technical and gameplay issues please visit the dedicated Star Wars: The Old Republic Help Center.
Beer and Pie since 2003.

drewiki
01.02.2013 , 11:24 PM | #1810
You sure? I had a wierd issue abour the Try again later, i almost lost 10$ ona single use debit card, it resutl in 1.24 $ fee to verify & validate that card, therefore USING it. I see that the high latency (45000ms) & buy error are related, now many ppl are reporting sucessful cartel coins & preorders.