Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icestar
12.10.2012 , 09:59 AM | #1111
I tried to buy more CC today, got a error message

"An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later."
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Kigoon
12.10.2012 , 10:10 AM | #1112
Quote: Originally Posted by Riavar View Post
Update: They did it!

I called Customer Support early this morning and was speaking with a representative right off the bat. After going through the usual confirmation process that it was indeed me that owned/paying for the account, I spoke with him about the issue all of us have been having. In short, the issue is with "Paypal" itself, because when he put my Credit/Debit card on my account again to make sure it was accurate, I used that as my method of payment for the Market and Subscription purchase and it worked! So if any of you are still having this issue and are paying through Paypal, it's them, not Bioware.
Well i can tell you that its not fixed yet.
I tred all my def. cards, no one can be added.
So good luck with the game in the future BioWare, im runing out of time when they cant use PayPal or my bank cards, and im not going to play on a FTP account............
Kigoon.

Jezmondene
12.10.2012 , 11:07 AM | #1113
Have had the same problem, and did use Paypal. My Paypal account shows that it has paid SWTOR for the 5500 Cartel Coins, and when I mouse over the coin icon at the top of the screen (in game) it says that coins have been added, but none have been.
Not all who wander are lost.

Myriagonvaltorix
12.10.2012 , 11:08 AM | #1114
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorxo View Post
It goes far deeper than that mate, when your billing cycle roles around you cant pay anymore and they shut off your account back to F2P and your guild has no main tank or healer for the raid at the weekend.

I just lost one account today and lose the other one in 5 days time.

At this point i think its fraud. I paid for cartel coins spent a LOT of money on them first day and now neither account can be resubbed..
I want a refund on the cartel coins since 1.5 as I am no longer able to play their game and use the items in them due to their fault.

I cannot play end game as f2p. It isnt posisble. I cant even equip half my gear.

Bioware blatantly is buying time by not commeting but all they are doing is losing customers.

This is the biggest head in the sand ive seen in the history of business.. lalalalala the sky is falling lalalalalalalala
As i said in a previous post i had this problem since the second day of F2P and while the game wouldn't accept my card for Cartel Coins it billed me just fine on billing day. This may not be the case for everyone but honestly it seems like there's multiple different problems going on in this thread. Quite a few people have called, gotten fixed, and seen the end of it, others have been charged for purchase attempts and other have not and players like Stansman cant get any card on at all. I suspect the latter group may have an issue like that but from personal experience i didn't have that issue.

If you're still having issues i'm sure others (and potentially devs) checking in on this thread would find it useful to know some basic information about the issues you're having; nothing compromising obviously:

Have you been charged for unfulfilled purchases?: No
Was the card you were using a credit, debit card, Paypal, EA Card?: Debit
How long has this issue been going on?:2nd day of F2P
Did you make a purchase of Cartel Coins before, and if so was it a large amount?:Yes, four $40 packs
Have you called Bioware CS?: yes
If yes did they resolve the issue for you?: yes

I know when i was having this issue i would check into this thread every other day to find out information on the issue. Hopefully this information can help us find a pattern between the simple re-add the card fix guys and tougher bugs like Stans

Griftter
12.10.2012 , 04:00 PM | #1115
This is a pretty major issue that needs someone from CS/EAWare to respond with info that they are at least looking into it.

I am not able to either subscribe to the game or purchase Cartel Coins. I have tried 4 different credit cards and everyone of them error out.

This is not a Credit Card issue. This is a shopping cart issue, and it needs to have high priority.

Haiken
12.10.2012 , 04:21 PM | #1116
Do we get charged when we get this error "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later." at the end of the transaction?

ImmortalSelene
12.10.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1117
Quote: Originally Posted by Griftter View Post
This is a pretty major issue that needs someone from CS/EAWare to respond with info that they are at least looking into it.

I am not able to either subscribe to the game or purchase Cartel Coins. I have tried 4 different credit cards and everyone of them error out.

This is not a Credit Card issue. This is a shopping cart issue, and it needs to have high priority.
They don't seem to think that having a steady revenue is a top priority. Lord knows why...

Silverezh
12.10.2012 , 05:09 PM | #1118
This problem exist since patch 1.3 and we also cant make subscription,Bioware fix this finally!

DarkSaberMaster
12.10.2012 , 09:51 PM | #1119
Well. I just tried it with my other credit card to see if it would work. Was able to purchase the 2400 CC pack with it. I'm guessing that EA has my regular card flagged for making so many CC purchases, even though customer services said that it wasn't. I'm going to try again to see if they can unflag my card cause it is the one I use for all my purchases. Hopefully somebody can get off their butt and fix it.
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
"Eff a lightsaber. Blasters are king"
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"

Stansman
12.10.2012 , 10:24 PM | #1120
I removed all my cards from my account, I then had the CS rep add my old card to my account, that seemed to work, he then tried to buy coins with it..didnt work. I then had him add a new card I hadnt used before to the account..adding that worked too but he couldnt buy coins with that one either.
He suggested contacting my bank until I pointed out that the two cards were from different banks and both got the same result. I'm waiting for the next patch before I try myself to buy coins again, if that doesnt work I'll know when my Sub runs out in January if the card will pay for that.
Since the guy I talked to was a member of the team who are supposed to be able to fix this and even he had no real idea as to why its not working I see no point in calling them again.