Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic BiS?

Raekor
11.30.2012 , 07:27 PM | #131
I only have the Kinetic and the on use power ones (although I have about 600 comm's still, so probably could test the elemental one). Only did 1 parse on the combat dummy, just kept the heat signature up and rapid shots/unload to get as many hits in as possible: http://www.torparse.com/a/60928. That came out at 43.4% crit, where as my tech crit is about 38.75%.

I also uploaded our incredibly bad night on nim Z&T, before a couple of our connections went to crap on the tanks. If you look at thelonger fights Grav Waves crit % is between 30.43 and 51.52% (http://www.torparse.com/a/61020). Can't really remember back to the basic stats course in uni, but due the small sample size from those longer fights it does look like it is using tech crit. Or I am drawing conclusions where there are none. Hopefully others have more parses that can prove it one way or the other.

Might buy the elemental one and parse that this afternoon. See if it is significantly lower.

Flying-Brian
11.30.2012 , 07:45 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Furiel View Post
What if the EWH is out of easy reach? My CM's valor level is 12, so grinding to 50 valor and getting all the comms is not a quick or simple task. So would the Matrix Cube, the DG heal proc relic or a different non-PVP relic I'm overlooking be the next best option?
Your valor level doesn't matter, you just need RWZ and WZ comms to buy them. Easy enough to get enough of both in a few days worth of pvp, just by doing the daily/weekly.

Raekor
11.30.2012 , 09:17 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Your valor level doesn't matter, you just need RWZ and WZ comms to buy them. Easy enough to get enough of both in a few days worth of pvp, just by doing the daily/weekly.
Meh, I flat out refuse to do PvP for PvE gear. Just like I don't expect PvP'ers to have to grind out PvE dailies/weeklies for their gear.

Kothakk
12.01.2012 , 02:05 PM | #134
After reading all of this im still confused ...

For a PT Pyro i should go for 1 DG 350 power for 30 secs and 1 internal or elemental relic (if we have the 20% armor debuff in the raid, is a kinetic better?)

And for commandos 1 DG 350 power for 30 secs and 1 DG Kinetic (since i can armor debuff)

Is this "correct"? =)

Thanks in advance for any answers.

/Kothakk

Raekor
12.01.2012 , 05:40 PM | #135
I bought the elemental damage one and did some testing of that: http://www.torparse.com/a/62157

Crit percentage never got higher than 23%, so it seems the elemental/energy is force crit and internal/kinetic is for tech crit. I also did a few tests with heat signature, the kinetic one was hitting for 207 even with the 35% armour penetration from my cylinder. So as far as DPS is concerned, only Arsenal Mercs and Gunnery Commandos should get the kinetic one, all other tech user should get internal. All force users should get elemental. That sound about right?

Personally I used one on use power and one kinetic as an Arsenal Merc. On my PT I will be getting one on use power and one internal damage one, unless somebody can show something that points to other non-PvP relics.

NoDayLkeDoomsday
12.01.2012 , 11:15 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Kothakk View Post
For a PT Pyro i should go for 1 DG 350 power for 30 secs and 1 internal or elemental relic (if we have the 20% armor debuff in the raid, is a kinetic better?)
I'm curious about this as well... I suppose most AP/Pyro damage is elemental, so the kinetic might be better, but are the proc relics better than the Elite War Hero at all for damage dealers?

I'm seeing BiS in this case as 1 DG 350 power clicky + EWH constant power, but I would also greatly appreciate some advice on this.

Ansalem
12.02.2012 , 10:55 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by NoDayLkeDoomsday View Post
I'm curious about this as well... I suppose most AP/Pyro damage is elemental, so the kinetic might be better, but are the proc relics better than the Elite War Hero at all for damage dealers?

I'm seeing BiS in this case as 1 DG 350 power clicky + EWH constant power, but I would also greatly appreciate some advice on this.
EWH = 73 power over the DG proc relic. Though I have no parses available to share currently I can tell you that 73 power = 16.79 dmg. And I can tell you that with the amount I proc with my kinetic relic as an arsenal merc Im usually seeing over 30 dps or more during boss fights. So it appears to me that the proc relic is still going to be much better than the pvp relics.

Nanok
12.05.2012 , 11:45 PM | #138
hi all,

nice thread gz to all contributors.

i am still bugged about on thing that i wasnt able to find around here.

i've seen alot of ppl recomend DG elemental relic for marauders/sentinel ... but what about our 100% armor penetration every now and again if we are specced for carnage/combat ? did any1 do the numbers on that ? would that bring the energy one ahead of the elemental one ?

i dont want to make assumptions so i am just asking if one of u math wizzes would take the time to look at the cd on that ability and crunch the numbers for it.

so carnage marauders / combat sentinels : elemental or energy relic ? (assuming a raid setup with 20% armor pen always up)
Peace is a lie...

Raekor
12.06.2012 , 12:03 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanok View Post
hi all,

nice thread gz to all contributors.

i am still bugged about on thing that i wasnt able to find around here.

i've seen alot of ppl recomend DG elemental relic for marauders/sentinel ... but what about our 100% armor penetration every now and again if we are specced for carnage/combat ? did any1 do the numbers on that ? would that bring the energy one ahead of the elemental one ?

i dont want to make assumptions so i am just asking if one of u math wizzes would take the time to look at the cd on that ability and crunch the numbers for it.

so carnage marauders / combat sentinels : elemental or energy relic ? (assuming a raid setup with 20% armor pen always up)
Kinetic and energy will hit the operations dummy for 207 with the 35% armour penetration from an assault merc's barrel choice, so 20% armour pen always up on a boss isn't enough. Without remember the exact damage values of the proc's with no armour penetration vs 100%, to me it looks like elemental is still slightly better (at best maybe 90 damage over a minute assuming no crits). Somebody with access to testing should be able to clean that up though (I'm at work atm, and don't think I have enough comm's on my Sentinel to test anyway).

dipstik
12.06.2012 , 12:39 PM | #140
my guess is that the rate of attacks is high enough for all classes to make make the elemental/internal BiS along with the on use power, except for classes that have 30%+ armor penetration