Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

problem with character slots

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
problem with character slots
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VeldinJeth
11.15.2012 , 06:32 PM | #31
Maybe you guys should drop the character slot limitations. Or at least make it 2 chars per server. It's not so much that this kind of error breaks the game (which it does, mind you) but that this kind of imposed limit really gives a bad impression as to what people can expect from services in game. Maybe this issue might have even been avoided if the slot restrictions weren't so suffocating. :x

Xarnie
11.15.2012 , 06:45 PM | #32
Actually it is 2 per server. But the bug seems to ignore that.

Jorgoman
11.15.2012 , 07:10 PM | #33
Hope this gets fixed quickly.

Pazernus
11.15.2012 , 07:31 PM | #34
yeah, same issue, i had 9 chars across servers, now it claims i cant make new char cause "i got 9 characters and limit is 2" when i only got 1 character left =I

also didnt get my cartel coins, used to sub lon ago, website claims i got twice 150 given to me ,making balance first to 150, then 300...yet i got 0 coins in game i just wanted to make a sniper and now im stuck on old bh trying to sell junk xD

Yuppienalle
11.15.2012 , 08:18 PM | #35
I've been having this problem for a couple of hours now. Haven't been able to create the character that I'm going to level up together with my friend who started playing today...
<December Crew>

No God Know Fear
Know God No Fear

Tresler
11.15.2012 , 09:04 PM | #36
Still no fix on this? What a great incentive to get people to come back to play.

Pazernus
11.15.2012 , 09:19 PM | #37
yeah....and i did delete a lvl14 sniper to make new one cause surelly i would had been lost on that char, even when its still so low level....bah...shouldnt had deleted :P as i want to make imperial agent as i heard they has good story line, and only done bh storyline before wich i loved :3 much as i will miss blizz the jawa

Tikigit
11.15.2012 , 10:38 PM | #38
Also having this problem, but I noticed I already had this problem where my number of reported characters when trying to create characters on another server were not accurate, only having 6 characters of the red eclipse and no characters on any other server and being told I had to delete 8 characters to make a new one.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if part of the problem wasn't just that it's taking longer for database updates, but also that old characters from before the shift to the origin servers are still lingering around somewhere in some database causing the account to report it has more characters created than are actually active any more.

That or the system is detecting old Public test server characters and applying that to the live server restrictions... which in itself is also daft.

Really disappointed in what seems to be some rather obvious situations that the system wasn't proofed against that should have been predicted by those that actually make a living from doing this at a 'professional' level.

Dalnar
11.16.2012 , 03:41 AM | #39
Still have this bug. Deleted 7 out of 8 toons. Still reports as 8 even after today's patch Not best welcome for old player Bioware....

Nanamix
11.16.2012 , 04:57 AM | #40
Please get this resolved and do it quick. Otherwise, it's really annoying that returning players can't even play. Not the greatest first impression.