Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

islander
11.16.2012 , 08:24 AM | #31
What role does HK-51 fill?

Ranged DPS? Ranged Tank?
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

danpen
11.16.2012 , 08:55 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
What role does HK-51 fill?

Ranged DPS? Ranged Tank?
I'm sorry i do not know.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Arrakeen
11.16.2012 , 09:23 AM | #33
I was a beta player and have since played from pre-launch to mid-August with my CE account. I logged in last night to see how things have come since my last time ingame. Besides some new faces, a Cartel cash shop, and a handful of limitations even as a Preferred player, I still ended up renewing my subscription. It was certainly cheaper to renew, claim the Cartel Coins I accumulated for my previous months than to simply buy Coins straight out.

One reason for the claim were the armor sets in the store. I think this was the first time since a month after launch when I really appreciated the appearance of new gear. Whatever you do, keep this/these designer/s around for new gear tiers!

I also didn't realize you needed a subscription to get HK-51 so there again, the resub was worth it. I'm a massive Star Wars nerd who played KOTOR atleast 10 times through. This assassin droid brings back many great memories.

It isn't all positive though. I have missing CE items and missing Cartel Coins. I had to resub to be able to show titles, legacy, and gear that I worked extremely hard to obtain for the previous 8 months I had played. Other than Section X and HK-51, the content is still lacking. Wasn't this content created 6 months ago?

These are just my opinions from a player who really does enjoy SWTOR but wished updates and limitations were re-evaluated.
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur. - "Today is a good day for someone else to die."

BlackenedMist
11.16.2012 , 04:08 PM | #34
I have to say I'm dismayed but not surprised at some of the choices made in creating the F2P option. As someone who's played off and on since beta, I felt pretty annoyed and a little insulted that I had to pay to do something as basic as display the titles I'd earned, and legacy name. Forcing people to pay for things that should be standard game features like toggling helmet display, basic companion customization, and being able to use any and all of their quest rewards just seems like too much of a petty cash grab, and an unneeded one with all the other things you are and could be offering on the Cartel Market.

The worst part for me is the 2 total character slots limit. This is seriously annoying, and is the largest culprit in pretty much eliminating my excitement at the F2P option. This really needs to be changed to something reasonable soon. Making it say, 2 or even 4 per server, with a total equal to half of what subscribers get would be so much better, allowing people to play the game in a way that's comfortable for them, while still rewarding subscribers. The goal is to get new and returning people to play the game, not feel constrained and quit due to feeling forced to delete their progress if they want to try something new.

DaRoamer
11.16.2012 , 06:49 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post
I was really enjoying this HK-51 questline until I found out:

1. You need to have a mid level character on the other faction.

2. You need to compete in Hard Mode flashpoints.

As a PvP player (That is PvP geared) I HATE doing flashpoints, let alone Hard Modes. That's the one thing I LOVED about SWTOR is that it's basically a single-player MMO. You don't have to enter in with a group of micro-managers with anger management issues that love projecting their own shortcomings onto every other member in the group.

You can just gear-up your companion and power through on your own.

Wish I hadn't wasted the time/credit collecting the pieces I did, but oh well. Another knife in the back of PvPers. Will just wait for the new Warzone.
So you do PVP, which requires other players to do, but complain that you need to play with other players to get a piece of PVE content? Doesn't make sense.

Duck_hunter
11.16.2012 , 07:43 PM | #36
The servers are still down for me as well

KimbriOnasi
11.16.2012 , 09:20 PM | #37
I understand that the HK companion is supposed to be challenging to get. But using the Jawa vendor in the PvP area? That makes it COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE. If you had to travel through a PvP area and risk getting caught would be fine. But there is no protected zone around the vendor. And guess what. There are TWENTY-FIVE people waiting there just to jump on you. I went in with 2 friends and in my Battlemaster gear. I do PvP. I do enjoy it. But NOT like this. This is not fun. One on one matches would be fine. Travelling through a pvp zone to get to a safe zone would be fine. Getting gang r@ped is not.

Yrkul
11.17.2012 , 04:01 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by KimbriOnasi View Post
I understand that the HK companion is supposed to be challenging to get. But using the Jawa vendor in the PvP area? That makes it COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE. If you had to travel through a PvP area and risk getting caught would be fine. But there is no protected zone around the vendor. And guess what. There are TWENTY-FIVE people waiting there just to jump on you. I went in with 2 friends and in my Battlemaster gear. I do PvP. I do enjoy it. But NOT like this. This is not fun. One on one matches would be fine. Travelling through a pvp zone to get to a safe zone would be fine. Getting gang r@ped is not.
The new content does seem prone to griefing. Outlaw's Den is a glaring example.

Section X is also festered with griefers. Yesterday one of the imperial guilds decided to camp there, and jump anyone flagged.

Karkais
11.17.2012 , 05:01 AM | #39
I am happy with the update so far, particularly the ancient Czerka reserach station was enjoyable gaming experience.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Aril_TR
11.17.2012 , 07:23 AM | #40
Is ıt only me, i can't even do patch, says: unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. What should i do?
For The Republic!!