Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

November 15th isnt just F2P day but the day that changed SWG forever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
November 15th isnt just F2P day but the day that changed SWG forever

Campor_Ravensk
11.18.2012 , 04:48 AM | #31
About the only things I really do miss about SWG are the community I was in and the space functionality. Picking what ship I wanted and customizing/naming it, free roaming in space, entering combat with friends as gunners, all that kind of stuff was absolutely amazing and made it feel like Star Wars. I still remember flying around in my Y-Wing with my friend in the gunner seat helping me do missions. Brilliant.

If TOR had that, I'd never leave the cockpit.
"The Jedi, the crystal, the blade... All are one."

mefit
11.18.2012 , 11:47 AM | #32
Woot More SWG Spam !
If SWG was a Good MMO and had a Profitable Player Base it would still be here Period .

There is SWGEMU but yet its not good enough for these diehard SWG fans who are on SWTOR forums spamming SWG Threads/post or playing TOR instead .

This is in all honesty
SWG wasn't good enough preNGE
So NGE came out
Then Players Hated NGE
So the ShutDown and now players want SWG back but do not want to play SWGEMU..............

Yes EMU is not perfect , it has a load of Bugs , Its Probably illegal , but
EMU is playable , SWG had a load of Bugs , SWG was not Perfect .

Soo , I think its good to miss something that you spent years playing but it is counter Constructive to try to bring it back . Move Foward , its how we Progress to better things.

I miss PreAbyssea FF11 , but thats never coming back and nor am I going to spam FF11 or FF14 forums about it . I moved on and Foward !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

DeltaEkotte
11.18.2012 , 12:37 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Will people ever forget this game and let it die?
Nope.
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist
RIP SWG, Blood, Dark Stance, SAS, RSS
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...91#post3300391 SWG guilds now here

DarthMaulUK
11.18.2012 , 02:08 PM | #34
Just to reply to a couple of stupid responses.

1 - this is a forum about Star Wars and their games. SWG was one of those games
2 - You cant compare subs from 2003 to 2011 because access to PCs and broadband was still an issue for some.

For those of you who weren't around, never played/heard of SWG, you simply will never understand just how loved that game was. Why? For the majority(myself included) it was my very first MMO and simply HUGE in scale - probably too big.

Despite all the problems with NGE and then bringing back some of the old features(thanks Jake Neri for that!), it still lasted a good 8 years as a PAID to play MMO. No, free to play, no two tiered subscription base.

Unlike SWTOR, SWG was hyped a lot but nothing like SWTOR, which ultimately leads to disappointment. And for those of you still bashing SWG v SWTOR - here is a crystal clear fact.

SWTOR has gone in the history books as losing the fastest amount of subs in record time - some 1.4 million inside 6 months. Which clearly shows that the game wasn't what people thought it would be. SWG actually increased its user base within the first 2 months of play.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

JekRendar
11.18.2012 , 02:50 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
2 - You cant compare subs from 2003 to 2011 because access to PCs and broadband was still an issue for some.
Yep, first two years of Galaxies I was on dial-up. With the exception of patches, it wasn't a terrible medium for MMOs back then.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011