Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lifetime Subscription Request

Anti_Bodies
11.14.2012 , 11:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
$200 lifetime option altho will be nice for the players will lose the game money in the long run if the game runs 4-5+ years, lotro did a lifetime sub and went F2P because they had so many lifetime subs it was impacting on how much money they where getting there monthly subs where dieing out and lifetimers where left.
No they wouldn't because of the lifetime benefits players get. They still have a subscription option for a reason ya know lol

Flyceratops
11.15.2012 , 03:20 PM | #12
A "lifetime subscription" is almost never (if ever) done by a successful game that doesn't, well, suck. If a game has any production value AT ALL they'll want to be making their deserved profit and will charge you at least $12/mo for a subscription.

Just based on observation, of course. I am known to be wrong. ... A lot!

Tim-ONeil
11.15.2012 , 03:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Flyceratops View Post
A "lifetime subscription" is almost never (if ever) done by a successful game that doesn't, well, suck. If a game has any production value AT ALL they'll want to be making their deserved profit and will charge you at least $12/mo for a subscription.

Just based on observation, of course. I am known to be wrong. ... A lot!
This is pretty consistent. I don't expect that option here because EA needs quarterly revenue for their reporting, not initial one time lump payments that an independent studio would desire.

Additionally there is a point that they lose money on the lifetime sub. LOTOR and STO have already reached that point with their players. No game that has long term appeal and the Star Wars franchise should even consider it.
Rhy Phin
Kl Nemonica
The Ren Legacy Server: Ebon Hawk US/EAST