Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

RikHar
11.14.2012 , 11:55 PM | #71
Yes, we want the game to succeed but BioWare is going out their way to screw things up. It's strange considering they're usually a good company when it comes to their games.

Extremely poor armor designs as well as poor decisions lately have players wondering what's up. Let's hope they're not bringing in Pandas next as it seems they're going the way of Blizzard, lately.

Something is going on behind the scenes no one knows about, except them.

Tenceriker
11.14.2012 , 11:57 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by KnighteStar View Post
There is recent MMO data that can actually be cited out there (even found a thread on here with the URL) that states it is second to WoW indeed. Just based on US numbers though.
Yeah because only the US exists...

Looking at the big picture again you would have to be blind not to see that there is a lot of room for improvement. It is up to Bioware to get thier heads out of the sand and move on to making this game attract the kind of attention this IP warrants because now that Disney owns Lucas, you can bet they have no no issues scrapping that contract and finding another studio to make a better game. Disney doesn't let people squander IPs.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

KnighteStar
11.15.2012 , 06:15 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenceriker View Post
Yeah because only the US exists...

Looking at the big picture again you would have to be blind not to see that there is a lot of room for improvement. It is up to Bioware to get thier heads out of the sand and move on to making this game attract the kind of attention this IP warrants because now that Disney owns Lucas, you can bet they have no no issues scrapping that contract and finding another studio to make a better game. Disney doesn't let people squander IPs.
SWTOR doesn't have a China based operation. WoW and other games do. So, for a fair comparison, yeah, only the United States exists. If we want an even fairer comparison, compare subscriptions from Europe and United States and SWTOR worldwide (which is essentially the same thing). No one has done it before (at least I don't think so). Maybe we should.
Check out some cool gameplay vids here.
Character: Dβrman, Level 13 Commando
Server: Jedi Covenant

Jorgoman
11.18.2012 , 08:31 AM | #74
Long live SWTOR!

I think the developers have done a good job with the new content so far, as well as with the FTP. A lot of people seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining, but this is definitely a step in the right direction for the devs. They'll be able to continue improving the game, and making new content, and I'm going to stick around.

saremun
11.18.2012 , 08:37 AM | #75
i hope too that the game make it as iam a fan of SWTOR and SW but the way i see it is like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzJyF...eature=related

srry , but that is the truth

Guancyto
11.18.2012 , 02:45 PM | #76
Absolutely.

I complain loudly and consistently because I think some of the restrictions (quickbars, customer support) are going to drive away both returning and new players who would otherwise pay for stuff. I don't think they'll succeed under this model, and I would really like to see them succeed.

This model is better suited to getting as much money as they can off a sinking ship, which both worries and saddens me. I don't want this game to go the way of City of Heroes. I'd love to see it flourish with new content, new stories and new players from now until 2030. I just don't think that's where it's headed.

Izorii
11.18.2012 , 02:54 PM | #77
I want a Star wars game to succedd. I want to have an interesting game where choices matter, where I can battle impossible odds (PvE) where I come out excited I won the battle feeling that it was a challenge but fair, I want to be able to causally join in PvP and have a chace of winning, I want to play a Kel'dor Jedi and feel like I have left my stamp on the galaxy...... As far as TOR goes its currently the best SW MMO about, do I want this to meet all my expectations sure, will I jump ship if another game delivers where TOR failed, in a hart beat. I think everyone posting on the forums wants TOR to be everything it could be but it does not mean we can not see where it fails.

Kubernetic
11.18.2012 , 03:02 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
Sometimes it's hard to tell what the overall opinion is of the game. Here on the official boards, I think it's pretty clear: people aren't too terribly happy... ever.

I really hope that the underlying cause of this unhappiness is just because people want to see the game be around for a long time and succeed in the end. I'm not delusional in this thinking, am I? Everyone that's here right now and is able to post has paid for the game and has an active sub (trials aside). Please don't tell me people pay money just to see a game fail and go away forever.

#longliveTOR
Many of us do want to see the game succeed.

But I do believe there is a cadre of users on this forum (and even in the game) who will not be satisfied until this game is shut down and declared an official "failure", somehow thus justifying their unrequited love for SWG, and somehow fulfilling their wish for vengeance upon this game.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tιkay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

FerrusPA
11.18.2012 , 03:07 PM | #79
Personally I'd be happy for whoever was responsible for TOR to be fired and never getting a job in the industry again. Sadly this won't happen and the only people who have or will suffer any consequences are the scrubs that just did the handiwork.
December Pre-Order Best Pre-Order
Proud Guildmaster of Two Swords One Box. Apply now!

Thread = Faden Threat = Drohung