Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.14.2012 , 09:48 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by KnighteStar View Post
And, see, that's the thing. SWTOR is at #2 now..
lol, puh-leaze.
The game isn't even in the Top#5 list of most played MMOs anymore.
More like #7 or#8, with luck

Damn, EVE is more popular and that used to be "niche".

MaximusRex
11.14.2012 , 10:05 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Yeah, that´s quite obvious. They care about their vision, not about what the players wanted.
Considering some of the staff exodus at BioWare I am suspicious that there are other factors at play.

I personally think they could make a lot of people happy just by polishing up a lot of their half done features.

Moddable gear was supposed to be the custom appearance system, but tons of gear isn't moddable, a lot of moddable gear is class restricted preventing its use on companions, mod pulling costs are stupidly high, and many visual sets are incomplete, or the belt/bracers/boots that match are non-moddable.

Codex could have been part of an achievement system with goals to reach, but its so broken you don't know what you can or can't find, and the tell us to bug it. How the heck am I supposed to know if something in it isn't in the game or I just suck at finding it?

Ships should have had the space designed better and should have been housing, instead they are just stages for giant holoterminals that seemed to be an afterthought, you can still see the smaller original holoterminals on most ships.

Same gender romance was promised for this year back in Feb, doesn't look like its going to make it.

Chat bubbles still MIA.

So yeah, completing and polishing what they gave us would, I think, go a long way to making the game better.

Cyberwoman
11.14.2012 , 10:20 PM | #63
lol, puh-leaze.

Really? That's surprising. Pray tell, where do you get this information from exactly? Is there a list somewhere?

Codek
11.14.2012 , 10:37 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberwoman View Post
Really? That's surprising. Pray tell, where do you get this information from exactly? Is there a list somewhere?
Lots of lists actually, all telling a different story depending on what someone is looking for.

Heres one example that involves there own system of measuring active players:http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massi...player_online/

Heres one example based on factual data:http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png
*Note* Swtor is not actually on this one because the last factual data showed it above 1 million active subs.

Update:Found one for 1 million and above:http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png
~Codek

Soluss
11.14.2012 , 10:40 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Piam View Post
Describing yourself?

99% of your posts are about spreading negativity.

You're the opposite extreme of Andryah.
Im negative because, imo, the game is a pile of trash. It launched about as basic as it can get and there have been little improvements upon it, in the span of an entire year. Highlights of improvements:

Group finder
Ranked Warzones
Half baked legacy
and of course the biggest one: Cash Shop.

Thats why Im negative. What you positive folk dont understand is... being negative doesnt mean I dont want the game to improve. Im negative because I WANT THE GAME IMPROVED. So far.... it has not. It has gone down hill.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

KnighteStar
11.14.2012 , 11:10 PM | #66
lol, puh-leaze.

There is recent MMO data that can actually be cited out there (even found a thread on here with the URL) that states it is second to WoW indeed. Just based on US numbers though.
Check out some cool gameplay vids here.
Character: Dârman, Level 13 Commando
Server: Jedi Covenant

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.14.2012 , 11:13 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
It has gone down hill.
..should be written on the 1 year anniversary cake

KnighteStar
11.14.2012 , 11:17 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
Lots of lists actually, all telling a different story depending on what someone is looking for.

Heres one example that involves there own system of measuring active players:http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massi...player_online/

Heres one example based on factual data:http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png
*Note* Swtor is not actually on this one because the last factual data showed it above 1 million active subs.

Update:Found one for 1 million and above:http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png
The XFire one, I could wrong, but I thought that was how many accounts there accessed the game. The second one is a little outdated and I wasn't talking about active players more like subscribers. And considering Marvel Super Hero Squad Online (hey it has 4 mil registered players) isn't on there, I guess they pick and choose. EDIT: And all the other games are rated worldwide compared to SWTOR on the west operation. I was talking about western data. I may not have had that aforementioned in my last post. If so, my bad.
Check out some cool gameplay vids here.
Character: Dârman, Level 13 Commando
Server: Jedi Covenant

Kadin
11.14.2012 , 11:20 PM | #69
Don't worry, people who liked SWG will continue to get absolutely nothing of interest from Bioware.
By now I'm convinced BW shares the same hate for every possible SWG feature like you do.
I don't agree with this. Many of us actually love(d) both games equally. Sure they're both very different in game play but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them both. I for one loved SWG and actually like TOR almost as much. SWG will be hard to beat honestly but I don't think it has to... for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Listerman View Post
Well, if people really are here just to watch the game crash and burn for their own amusement...I do believe there is a special place in Gamer Hell for people like them.
Trapped in a never ending PvP scenario with noob gear and constantly being taunted by mean spirited players, without the ability to ignore or respond.
This is just awesome.

Thaed
11.14.2012 , 11:24 PM | #70
I wanted this game to succeed. I'm not so sure now. Maybe I've just come to accept that it can't, not on the level that it had the potential too, or maybe I'm just sick of Bioware/EA's ethics in the whole thing. I think I've finally stopped caring whether or not this game will improved; it kept me happy for a while and I got my money's worth, but I doubt I'll get much more than that anymore.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.