Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

Cyberwoman
11.14.2012 , 06:49 PM | #41
I like to think that we do all want the game to succeed, but reading some of the comments in this forum and beyond, I cant help feeling that there are a lot of members of the community who simply want to see the game crash and burn. With these people, any comment made in support of BW/EA is instantly ether wearing rose-tinted glasses or an employe. We all have our own opinions on this game, and I know there are many people who genuinely want to help the game by point out its flaws, its just their message can get warped up in the vile of others.

Its a shame that the community can be so split, but at least its not something unique to this game. I don't think I have found a MMO community in which the players are all supportive and full of optimism...

Rykko
11.14.2012 , 06:52 PM | #42
No!

They deserve to fail and have the game closed for the ultimate sin of disappointing me!
Believing I am "skilled" at video games is central to my confidence and self esteem.

Petnil
11.14.2012 , 07:16 PM | #43
imo, the gamepplay is fine but thereīs a ton of minor anoyances. They add up. Itīs not enough for me to quit just yet, but for alot of people it must have been. GTM search funktions are just bad. Crafting is semibad. Minigames are fairly unexisting, emotes are silent, the worlds could use more bufferzones and "fluff"

So for me itīs not so much the gameplay, thatīs fine imo.. Itīs not even the FP and OPīs. I can enjoy thoose when playing with friends. Itīs all the secondary stuff. Itīs the small things you might not notice when you start playing, but later on you think, why do i keep standing when i type /sleep.. why do theese 3 guards look like clones.

I still like this game alot.. But i also feel there havenīt been enough attention to the small things. 1.5 brings out voiced emotes i think (correct me if iīm wrong) I allways fellt emotes were rushed. they feel unfinished. like the GTN funktions. it doesnīt feel finished. Does that make me a hater ? I dont think so, but maybe it does..

It would help if Dev were a bit more active on forums. just a post in a few of the threads with legitimate concerns. So if i made a post on the GTN e.x.. and how it should have better search options, you should be able to filter out recipeīs you allready know f.x. maybe i would get a reply from BW saying they are infact working on a better GTN search, but thereīs no eta just yet. Or they could say we know itīs bad, but itīs not getting better for at least the next few patches.

Ofc. they cant post in every single thread. but iīm sure if they allready had postet in one of the other threads about GTN some nice forum-user would point me in that direction. Thereīs actually a few realy nice users here. (a few)

kevlarto
11.14.2012 , 07:20 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Obviously the vast majority of us do.

What we tend to bicker about most is how to turn the game around from losing ~2 million subs, into gaining subs. We tend to be a passionate bunch and believe we're right most of the time. Don't misread passion as dislike. Some people prefer to coddle Bioware and praise them for showing up to work, others, myself included, tend to be more insistent on what I feel needs to be a priority.

But overall...you're safe to assume we all want the game to be around for a long time.
I kinda feel the same way, i want to see the game make it and be my home for a long time, I looking forward to seeing whats happens with the free to play, and once allot of the dev team can return to their old duties, what content and updates we might see in the near future.
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

grombrinda
11.14.2012 , 07:48 PM | #45
Most people do want to see it succeed , after all it is Star Wars ,because if it wasn't ..How many of you would still be around?

I personally feel that they went in the wrong direction for this game, should've been a console game with co-op online play from the get go. Instead they tried to make a single player online game and call it an mmo, and it failed on them.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Listerman
11.14.2012 , 07:57 PM | #46
Well, if people really are here just to watch the game crash and burn for their own amusement...I do believe there is a special place in Gamer Hell for people like them.
Trapped in a never ending PvP scenario with noob gear and constantly being taunted by mean spirited players, without the ability to ignore or respond.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

KnighteStar
11.14.2012 , 08:11 PM | #47
I want this game to succeed and I do think it is better than most other games I play (I'm not into monthly fees and would rather play games for free, but I like what I currently get in this game too much to give it up). Right now, I believe that those of us who are still here right now are wanting this game to succeed. I've been around since the beginning and it has come a long way to provide what other MMOs on the market have that, frankly, should've been there at launch. Particularly a Group Finder. There is still some work that needs to be done but, in my opinion, Star Wars the Old Republic currently offers the best experience of any MMO (including WoW, never could get into that game). I just hope that free to play doesn't bite them in the butt. I hope it gains the DCUO's success with the F2P model instead of it falling into obscurity. The only thing that I really feel needs fixing with SWTOR (and most people would agree) is the Space Combat. Besides that, I am a happy camper and plan to stay on until the servers shut down.
Check out some cool gameplay vids here.
Character: Dârman, Level 13 Commando
Server: Jedi Covenant

ForsakenKing
11.14.2012 , 08:25 PM | #48
I would love to see the game succeed. Unfortunately, I am getting too many dumb technical issues (lag, dropping from pvp, CtD) which, if not fixed, will force me to unsub. honestly, what is the point of playing if i get through a night without a CtD. Hell, i cant even close this game without ctrl+alt+delete lol

Gomla
11.14.2012 , 08:42 PM | #49
I do want the game to do well even if I don't hang around much.

Although my wife is setting up a free account whenever the servers come back up so if she sticks around here I may just do so myself.

Nothing against the game why I only play for a few weeks here and there my main love is modding. I spend most of my time making mods for other games and come here and the MMO's I played before for a break from that.

But if this game does flop then it's less likely we'll see another major MMO from a big name developer (Elder Scrolls aside).

The Warhammer 40k one i've been waiting for since the 90's has been turned into a single player so my hopes are dashed on that. This is the last bastion of hope.

simplius
11.14.2012 , 08:48 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Well put.

Revamping the planets and the whole levelling process would "save" this game IMO.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. Everyone who plays the game must go through the levelling process. If you are a PvE or PvP player, a raider, a story junkie, or even a roleplayer you have no other choice but to play the levelling game. Since it is the ONLY part of the game everyone must play, it should get the lion's share of attention as it is really the game's weakest area.

Nothing will retain and entertain more players than a compelling levelling game.
this,,the first impressions are very important,,this is basically where most players get hooked,,or not

hardcores and PVPers wil race through it anyway, so designing it for them would be a BIG mistake

and this is the way, that BW chose