Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

TUXs
11.14.2012 , 04:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Testers don't design games. No one really cares about your suggestions.
Is that your opinion or are you stating a fact that Bioware doesn't read the "suggestion box" area of the forums? They seemed to listen to testers of the F2P. We have 5 WZ's per week vs 3 and 2 toolbars vs 1. I'd say that we do have some influence on the game.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.14.2012 , 04:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Testers don't design games. No one really cares about your suggestions.
Yeah, thatīs quite obvious. They care about their vision, not about what the players wanted.

Arkerus
11.14.2012 , 04:13 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Is that your opinion or are you stating a fact that Bioware doesn't read the "suggestion box" area of the forums? They seemed to listen to testers of the F2P. We have 5 WZ's per week vs 3 and 2 toolbars vs 1. I'd say that we do have some influence on the game.
I'm being slightly snarky. Of course they listen to suggestions but they are under no obligation to do anything that anyone suggests (and that's a good thing).

The best designs come from within and from internal new ideas, not a bunch of beta testers.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Soluss
11.14.2012 , 04:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
Sometimes it's hard to tell what the overall opinion is of the game. Here on the official boards, I think it's pretty clear: people aren't too terribly happy... ever.

I really hope that the underlying cause of this unhappiness is just because people want to see the game be around for a long time and succeed in the end. I'm not delusional in this thinking, am I? Everyone that's here right now and is able to post has paid for the game and has an active sub (trials aside). Please don't tell me people pay money just to see a game fail and go away forever.

#longliveTOR
I would hope so. You would have to be clinically sick to want a game to fail and pay to watch it.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.14.2012 , 04:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
Things still missing:
-player housing
-Better space combat
-More Operations
-More story
-More planets
-Bug fixes (give me my damn codex entries!)
-More world PvP
-More WZ's
-Pazaack
nice list, except that no one is requesting more OPs or FPs.
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...ame-again.html
The people who left donīt want gear grind content, for the sake of playing more gear grind content

TUXs
11.14.2012 , 04:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
The people who left donīt want gear grind content, for the sake of playing more gear grind content
I agree, but I think he meant more Ops for variety and stuff to do, not hoping for a new gear set per Op. Being limited by a 1980 era lockout timer to running these only once per week makes having only 4 ops terribly thin content.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Rafaman
11.14.2012 , 04:22 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
I agree.

Personally I think the "rose colored glasses" people are doing the game a major disservice by glossing over flaws and bad decisions. Pretending there are no problems does absolutely nothing to improve what needs improving.

I hope the game succeeds and is around for a long time but if it doesn't... no biggee. I wish I was really into the game, but as it stands today, it's just a diversion to me. It's such a white bread game that I can't muster up any enthusiasm for it either way. It's too boring to like and too bland to hate.
And personally I think the "glass is empty" people are doing the game and more importantly the community a disservice by expounding the flaws and decisions as the end of this game as we know it. Clearly this is not the case. Refusing to acknowledge the efforts of the devs to improve the game and the vast number of people who enjoy the game does nothing to promote future improvements, expansion and guidance.

I am completely into this game. I have logged in almost everyday since December and the game is much more than a diversion. It is a community of people who love the genre and the associated stories. It is a community of people who demand more from devs and the game in general to ensure the game thrives.

I do not claim to be an authority. I do not post my game resume and claim myself as the arbiter on what makes a MMO successful. I do however know what I like. And I also know that many others opinions are drowned out by those who do consider themselves the MMO elite.

Hyperbole not withstanding I do value opposing views. But really, if the game is no longer appealing, there are other options.

errant_knight
11.14.2012 , 04:25 PM | #28
Sometimes I really do wonder if people are here because they enjoy the game or because they want to root against it. I love the heck out of this game.

Codek
11.14.2012 , 04:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Maybe because those who do want more Op's and FP's are still playing the game?

If I've learned anything from the people who still post on MMORPG, it's that 80% of the player base hates the stuff they requested for simply because it wasn't "Implemented correctly"...
~Codek

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.14.2012 , 04:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I agree, but I think he meant more Ops for variety and stuff to do, not hoping for a new gear set per Op. Being limited by a 1980 era lockout timer to running these only once per week makes having only 4 ops terribly thin content.
The fraction of endgame raiders is such a tiny one, I agree they should concentrate on non-combat activities instead and revamping the planets and make them worlds instead of static corridor leveling zones, as well as getting the SSSP out ASAP.

Well nothing that hasnīt been suggested by tons of players 12 months ago, right?
What happened? Nothing.