Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition and free to play.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Collectors edition and free to play.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Beruthien
02.09.2013 , 01:20 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings TheLexinator,

I do believe that there might have been some confusion here.

You are indeed entitled to the Collector's Edition bonus items, but only those players who redeemed the Collector's Edition code prior 7th of January 2013 were eligible for the bonus 1000 Cartel Coins.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

OwenBrooks
02.09.2013 , 01:36 AM | #12
Oh dear, and he added the code based on the advice from CS in this post rather then on-selling the collectors edition.

Beruthien what is the dispute email address, so he can at least be given the chance to lodge a formal dispute on this, so he is given a fair go ( It's the Aussie Way )

I know Cerimon may have goofed by not mentioning a cut off date but this thread is proof why he added the code at all to his account. I know he wasn't the OP but it appears to be an error based on this information.

TheLexinator
02.09.2013 , 01:51 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Oh dear, and he added the code based on the advice from CS in this post rather then on-selling the collectors edition.

Beruthien what is the dispute email address, so he can at least be given the chance to lodge a formal dispute on this, so he is given a fair go ( It's the Aussie Way )

I know Cerimon may have goofed by not mentioning a cut off date but this thread is proof why he added the code at all to his account. I know he wasn't the OP but it appears to be an error based on this information.
My point exactly. Had it not been for the yellow post above, I would have sold the game and moved on. Instead I did some research and following the answer in this thread registered it instead of going through the hassle of e-baying/clisting it.

Thank you for your support.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings TheLexinator,

I do believe that there might have been some confusion here.

You are indeed entitled to the Collector's Edition bonus items, but only those players who redeemed the Collector's Edition code prior 7th of January 2013 were eligible for the bonus 1000 Cartel Coins.

Thank you!
That is down right fraud and no way to treat your customers. Here is the info provided by a yellow in this very thread:

Relevant posts quoted below:

Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
However, if I apply a collectors edition key AFTER f2p launches, will I get my 1000 coins?
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
-Holmes,

Yes you will

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
There is no mention of any date, nor is this information listed on your web site.

Is my $160 worth less now than it used to be months ago?

Check the CE code I used. The item was purchased AT or very close after launch.

Beruthien
02.09.2013 , 01:55 AM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings TheLexinator,

While I admit that a deadline could have been posted, please note that this post is from November (prior to Free to Play launch) and Terms and Conditions for any promotion may change.

That said, please submit a ticket regarding this and the issue will be review. I cannot guarantee an outcome one way or another, but the issue will be investigated.

Thank you!

TheLexinator
02.09.2013 , 01:58 AM | #15
Greetings TheLexinator,

While I admit that a deadline could have been posted, please note that this post is from November (prior to Free to Play launch) and Terms and Conditions for any promotion may change.

That said, please submit a ticket regarding this and the issue will be review. I cannot guarantee an outcome one way or another, but the issue will be investigated.

Thank you!
Thanks. Do I submit a ticket through this: http://www.swtor.com/support/form ?

Beruthien
02.09.2013 , 02:26 AM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings TheLexinator,

Yes, you can submit the ticket via the web for or you can also use the in-game ticket system.

Thank you!

TheLexinator
02.09.2013 , 03:37 AM | #17
Greetings TheLexinator,

Yes, you can submit the ticket via the web for or you can also use the in-game ticket system.

Thank you!
Very cool.

Thanks for everyone's help!

TheLexinator
09.13.2013 , 10:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
No idea to be honest, but at least you know it will get sorted as Cerimon has stated above that you are meant to have them.
Just an update to this thread. My in game tickets were deleted (ALL OF THEM) and I never received my coins. One CSR very rudely replied to me and told me to stop bothering them... Yeah... But of course the ticket was deleted...

Calling support, I was told that the Collector's edition does not entitle me to anything unless I can prove that I bought it before a certain date (I did by sending in a scan of my receipt, which I kept with my box), but nothing ever came of it and the whole thing was lost/closed.

I called back recently and the very nice lady that helped me reactivate my account told me she has no idea what I am talking about when I mentioned my lost coins. There were NO tickets or evidence of my previous complaints...

I find their terrible support and treatment of loyal customers incredibly funny. I would actually not be surprised if this thread vanishes as well. Honestly it just shows me why EA keeps winning the prestigious Worst Company In America award.

Although I do have to say a big thank you to the CSR that worked me with me recently to help me re-activate my TOR account. Good job, whoever you were , and thank you.

Squirrell
09.14.2013 , 12:12 AM | #19
I just came back to the game playing it F2P. I never received a bonus 1000 coins for having a collectors edition. Also On a seperate but equal note. I've been a subscriber now on my second month (since I started playing again) Bought RotHC last week, but I did not receive my 1050 cartel coins for that either.

TheLexinator
09.14.2013 , 07:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Squirrell View Post
I just came back to the game playing it F2P. I never received a bonus 1000 coins for having a collectors edition. Also On a seperate but equal note. I've been a subscriber now on my second month (since I started playing again) Bought RotHC last week, but I did not receive my 1050 cartel coins for that either.
I wonder if I should give up or pursue getting my coins just out of principle... To punish their rudeness and ignorance....