Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Security Authenticator for Windows Phone 8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Security Authenticator for Windows Phone 8

JediMasterSarynn's Avatar


JediMasterSarynn
11.13.2012 , 11:39 AM | #1
Can we get this soon? From my experience so far in converting iOS apps to Windows 8 is relatively smooth. Should be easy for you guys.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

utchat's Avatar


utchat
11.24.2012 , 12:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSarynn View Post
Can we get this soon? From my experience so far in converting iOS apps to Windows 8 is relatively smooth. Should be easy for you guys.
i've heard this to be the case and i have just gone over to windows phone 8 so really would like the security key app on here too.
Are there plans to do this and if so is there any eta

Medico's Avatar


Medico
02.04.2013 , 09:57 PM | #3
another request for a Windows Phone 8 authenticator please.
{▒▒▒▒‾▀‾▒▒]۪۩ ░░░▒▒ MALACHOR ▓▓▓▒░
▐╢█[_〙 └─◘┴
▐╢▌

nogoer's Avatar


nogoer
02.05.2013 , 11:04 AM | #4
i recently switched from android to windows phone 8. I have other android devices to use an authenticator on but a windows one would be nice. Even WOW when i left didnt have a proper win phone authenticator. I think the WOW one was athird party guy linking into the auth api or something. SWTOR wouldn't allow that so im for a winphone 8 app.

IT might sway me back to an auth that i wont do because it's nonsense having to call CS to remove it. Sure its a short call, but its eternally longer than using the web to do it. Especially if you like to swap phones regularly.

ninjonxb's Avatar


ninjonxb
02.05.2013 , 11:20 AM | #5
I highly doubt it will happen anytime soon. They don't support blackberry much either. And there is not enough marketshare for them to spend the money doing it and up keeping it. Especially considering they have an alternative solution. They physical key.
http://bgr.com/2012/12/04/mobile-mar...-2012-android/

Medico's Avatar


Medico
02.05.2013 , 07:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
I highly doubt it will happen anytime soon. They don't support blackberry much either. And there is not enough marketshare for them to spend the money doing it and up keeping it. Especially considering they have an alternative solution. They physical key.
http://bgr.com/2012/12/04/mobile-mar...-2012-android/
With the number of Windows 8 tablets/hybrid machines entering the market I would at least like to see a Windows 8 authenticator.
{▒▒▒▒‾▀‾▒▒]۪۩ ░░░▒▒ MALACHOR ▓▓▓▒░
▐╢█[_〙 └─◘┴
▐╢▌

Medico's Avatar


Medico
02.05.2013 , 08:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nogoer View Post
i recently switched from android to windows phone 8. I have other android devices to use an authenticator on but a windows one would be nice. Even WOW when i left didnt have a proper win phone authenticator. I think the WOW one was athird party guy linking into the auth api or something. SWTOR wouldn't allow that so im for a winphone 8 app.

IT might sway me back to an auth that i wont do because it's nonsense having to call CS to remove it. Sure its a short call, but its eternally longer than using the web to do it. Especially if you like to swap phones regularly.
The WoW Authenticator for Windows Phone is listed as being published by Blizzard Entertainment so I don't think it was just a guy linking to their API, looks like they did a full port.
{▒▒▒▒‾▀‾▒▒]۪۩ ░░░▒▒ MALACHOR ▓▓▓▒░
▐╢█[_〙 └─◘┴
▐╢▌

HawkIntel's Avatar


HawkIntel
02.22.2013 , 10:10 AM | #8
I would also like to see a WP8 Phone Security Key App!
Like a previous poster mentioned, this shouldn't be to hard for you guys!

Zorblack's Avatar


Zorblack
03.20.2013 , 06:21 PM | #9
Necroing this thread.

We need this, I am not going to walk around with hardware security key. This is especially important in the UK where WP is more popular.

Please if you use WP let your voice be heard. The app is easy to make. And you guys claim to be big on security, lets see commitments.

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
03.20.2013 , 07:23 PM | #10
Windows phone 8? Pfff please. Make one for Windows Mobile 6.5 (The real Pocket PC and not that Microsoft's iPhone with squares)!
But seriously, seeing how physical security keys are out of stock, they must make an app for WP8 as well.