Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Price of Racial Unlocks

Andryah
11.12.2012 , 04:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
I find the prices on everything in the Legacy window to be too expensive. But that's probably because I don't enjoy dailies (thus not getting much money).
I find the speeder rank-1 unlock at character level 10 to be a heck of a deal.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Karadinx
11.12.2012 , 04:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Considering that the Legacy system was supposed to be a reward system, any credit cost whatsoever was completely pointless (unless you decided to want to unlock something early). It would be very interesting to see the percentages of unlocks for players that have access to any given perk.

Credit sinks are needed, sure. But their intrusion into the Legacy system almost completely voided its intent, and again, they were obviously implemented only to "encourage" players to grind more dailies to create the illusion of additional content.
Considering half the perks are only good for when you are re-leveling a character (things like XP boost and early access to speeders are kinda moot once you hit 50) and the other half are fairly high up on the lvl scale for legacy you will prolly get enough credits to purchase the main perks that are good (field respec, GTN term, ship droid add-on, etc)

Once again, what else are you really spending your money on? For end-game the main gear you use is looted, not sold/made. And for lvling a new toon unless you are gonna twink them to hell you can just use the gear theat the get as you lvl them up. This leaves us with haveomg a fairly limited out-flow of credits that just inflates the economy and will cause prices for vanity (see: Cartel store items) items go through the roof as the super rich drive up prices for the stuff they really want that is rare.

Wraiven
11.12.2012 , 05:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by loud_skies View Post
Hey BioWare/EA.

I want to give you a little feedback from a longtime player/subscriber since launch.

I saw the prices of legacy races were 350CC, but them jumped to 600CC. Is there a reason for this? I would think you would earn more if you left it at 350CC, mostly because a smaller amount makes people cringe less at is, and want to purchase it. Meanwhile, nearly doubling the price can be a little intimidating. I just thought I would give you my two cents about the whole idea, and provide some useful feedback. I don't know much about marketing either, so please refrain from too many hurtful comments? ^^

May the force be with you all,
-Sky,

[P.S, Miraluka Inquisitor when F2P Rolls out. c:]
Oh hell no! I played a class I absolutely hated to level 50 to unlock a species. Now you get to buy them for 650CC, which in my opinion is waaaaay too cheap. That should not be an unlock at all...not even through Legacy. IMO the only way you should be able to unlock them...is by doing it the way it was done on launch...by actually playing them.

Sorry you feel they are too expensive, but I feel you are getting off way too cheap. Consider yourself lucky.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Jandi
11.12.2012 , 05:52 PM | #24
Already unlocked every species currently available that I want to play so don't really care either way. What I *do* care about is the ability to change an existing characters species, or even just to re-customize it. Has anyone seen anything OFFICIAL about this? If they want to make money, THIS is a thing people would actually pay for and not including it makes no sense if they intend to make money.

annabethchase
11.12.2012 , 06:15 PM | #25
A price on the PTS is not a final price and is there as a test. I wouldn't think anything of it if every single price was different when it hits Thursday b/c it would mean some analysis from the PTS occured.

Also, I would hope the prices are somewhat dynamic. Not in a "wait for a sale" kind of way, but in a "nobody buys this at all for 1k, let's drop it gradually and see where it works".

Important items like gameplay, I understand quick reactions even more.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

annabethchase
11.12.2012 , 06:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post

Sorry you feel they are too expensive, but I feel you are getting off way too cheap. Consider yourself lucky.
Agreed. I don't like it being a legacy unlock for credits either. Still refusing to do that one on principal.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

QuetzoCyote
11.12.2012 , 06:22 PM | #27
Oh hell no! I played a class I absolutely hated to level 50 to unlock a species. Now you get to buy them for 650CC, which in my opinion is waaaaay too cheap. That should not be an unlock at all...not even through Legacy. IMO the only way you should be able to unlock them...is by doing it the way it was done on launch...by actually playing them.

QFT. 350 or 600 CC is muuuch easier than grinding 1 million credits, or leveling to 50. I'll probably burn up some of my welfare CC's on a race or 2 though. It does have a big impact on the game, and this is the cheapest way to go.

Xezkaiel
11.12.2012 , 10:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Already unlocked every species currently available that I want to play so don't really care either way. What I *do* care about is the ability to change an existing characters species, or even just to re-customize it. Has anyone seen anything OFFICIAL about this? If they want to make money, THIS is a thing people would actually pay for and not including it makes no sense if they intend to make money.
Dude this...I heard all kinds of wild things about being able to use CC's to change your species of a character you have already created. This would be ideal really. I mean if say 2 more years pass and they decide "hey, lets make popular species like nautolan, togruta and kel dor species options"...it will be FAR more desirable to be able to simply change one of your current characters rather than level a brand new one. By then, it is highly likely everyone will have all the classes they want to 50 too...
Nos-Redna Sunshatter: Miraluka Shield Tech Powertech
Xothrim Sunshatter: Cyborg Madness Sorcerer

JacenHallis
11.13.2012 , 12:28 AM | #29
Um... The Legacy system is how they were unlocked at launch. Or, rather, as close to launch as the functionality was available (i.e. the Legacy update).

In any case, 600cc is fine. It's not that pricey, really. I'd expected more in the range of $10 for a species unlock. I'll still be doing most of my unlocks the old-fashioned way: by leveling a character. But, for the one or two species I don't want to wait to unlock, I'll gladly drop the 600 for it.

Just because you made the choice to be miserable doesn't mean everyone else has to be miserable.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Wraiven
11.13.2012 , 01:29 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Um... The Legacy system is how they were unlocked at launch. Or, rather, as close to launch as the functionality was available (i.e. the Legacy update).

Ummmm...Before we were told about them being unlockables as a Legacy Reward, we were told the only way to unlock them was to level one to 50. Nice try, slick.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-