Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Price of Racial Unlocks

Quraswren
11.12.2012 , 02:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I think 350 is still a little expensive for something as silly as the species unlocks. 600 is just nonsense. I do wish that BioWare would lower the prices for those unlocks a bit.
I do agree with this.

The races offer very little for a rather expensive unlock. 350 is about the right price. 600 is to much.

Andryah
11.12.2012 , 02:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DjJazz View Post
What about the people who already unlocked them on a different server, then decided to joina different server taht they couldn't transfer their main to?
If they are impatient... then they can buy an unlock.

If they are patient.. they will focus on the preferred race and level it up. Everyone complains it's too easy to level to 50 in this game..so I don't see the problem.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

TheSeer
11.12.2012 , 02:42 PM | #13
As other have said, I think 350 would be better for a single race unlock per server. They could use the 600 for account wide, I know the price doubling changed my mind, as well as my sister. Not because we haven't unlocked them, we wanted to open them on a second server. I'm already paying a sub, but that just my personal opinion. I'm sure they will still sell, but just not as many.

Karadinx
11.12.2012 , 03:22 PM | #14
Play an subscribed account and use your monthly CC to save up for the races. Or just pay $15 to unlock 2-3.

Honestly I think something like a Race unlock should be expensive since it is not something small, it defines your character (whether you RP or not) and should be earned, either through IG means, having access to that race and unlocking it for all classes, OR through a expensive micro-transaction.

Think of it this way. A paying account trying to unlock the Rakkata so that they can make a Jedi Knight one (or w/e) will take maybe 2 months (maybe more maybe less depending on the persons play time/style/w.e) that means they payed $30 and spent all that time to unlock that class.

They (the devs) need to keep this in mind when it comes to balancing the price of these unlocks, because if someone can just unlock all the races for $20, why pay $15 a month to have the wider access?

CelCawdro
11.12.2012 , 03:28 PM | #15
I think a high price is fine - it legitimizes keeping the "old" method of unlocking species. If anything, I think they should be more expensive.

Claymorsch
11.12.2012 , 03:29 PM | #16
makin race unlocks too expensive ends up in a flame
makin race unlocks too cheap is considered racism

welcome to the internet

Darth_Urtani
11.12.2012 , 04:20 PM | #17
I find the prices on everything in the Legacy window to be too expensive. But that's probably because I don't enjoy dailies (thus not getting much money).
CE VIP

CelCawdro
11.12.2012 , 04:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Urtani View Post
I find the prices on everything in the Legacy window to be too expensive. But that's probably because I don't enjoy dailies (thus not getting much money).
Naw, it's not you. Someone seems to have told BioWare that arbitrary credit sinks can be equated with content.

Karadinx
11.12.2012 , 04:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Naw, it's not you. Someone seems to have told BioWare that arbitrary credit sinks can be equated with content.
Honestly most of the stuff in the store is at most a rather minor convenience item and how much the item is worth (both in time spent to grind out the legacy lvl and the credits needed) is completely depended on YOU. Personally I think some of the stuff could prolly come down in price, but honestly what else are you really spending your credits on?

CelCawdro
11.12.2012 , 04:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Karadinx View Post
Honestly most of the stuff in the store is at most a rather minor convenience item and how much the item is worth (both in time spent to grind out the legacy lvl and the credits needed) is completely depended on YOU. Personally I think some of the stuff could prolly come down in price, but honestly what else are you really spending your credits on?
Considering that the Legacy system was supposed to be a reward system, any credit cost whatsoever was completely pointless (unless you decided to want to unlock something early). It would be very interesting to see the percentages of unlocks for players that have access to any given perk.

Credit sinks are needed, sure. But their intrusion into the Legacy system almost completely voided its intent, and again, they were obviously implemented only to "encourage" players to grind more dailies to create the illusion of additional content.