Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Price of Racial Unlocks

loud_skies
11.12.2012 , 01:08 PM | #1
Hey BioWare/EA.

I want to give you a little feedback from a longtime player/subscriber since launch.

I saw the prices of legacy races were 350CC, but them jumped to 600CC. Is there a reason for this? I would think you would earn more if you left it at 350CC, mostly because a smaller amount makes people cringe less at is, and want to purchase it. Meanwhile, nearly doubling the price can be a little intimidating. I just thought I would give you my two cents about the whole idea, and provide some useful feedback. I don't know much about marketing either, so please refrain from too many hurtful comments? ^^

May the force be with you all,
-Sky,

[P.S, Miraluka Inquisitor when F2P Rolls out. c:]
Beta Tester and Proud of it!
Remember to always post Constructively!

flyersfan
11.12.2012 , 01:31 PM | #2
I think 350 is still a little expensive for something as silly as the species unlocks. 600 is just nonsense. I do wish that BioWare would lower the prices for those unlocks a bit.
Clan Brevyc

Drevenya - Shield Tech
Vozza - Bodyguard

DjJazz
11.12.2012 , 01:40 PM | #3
Don't matter to me. I was never planning on using teh Cartel Market, So I'll be using my CC for unlocking chiss and PBS for my Ebon Hawk characters.

Finally get my chiss commando T.T My level 50 chiss on Pot5 can now retire.

Diefenbaker
11.12.2012 , 01:44 PM | #4
350, 600, don't really care. Twi'lek BH coming up.
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

DjJazz
11.12.2012 , 01:51 PM | #5
One thing I'd like to know is that I heard from some testers that you can change the species of a character you already have, as well as cosmetics and such.

Is this official?

Evalyn
11.12.2012 , 01:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I think 350 is still a little expensive for something as silly as the species unlocks. 600 is just nonsense. I do wish that BioWare would lower the prices for those unlocks a bit.
I agree

Fornix
11.12.2012 , 01:58 PM | #7
Considering as to how there was no official price yet, they didn't double anything, and as such there's nothing to be intimidating.

They need to balance prices to make things work out and make sense. Balance between what people would pay for, and what people would play for. If the price would be so low, that everybody would pay, nobody would play for it anymore. If it's too high, nobody would pay for it anymore. They're just trying to find the middleground.
Member of <Helix>

Andryah
11.12.2012 , 02:10 PM | #8
Racial unlocks via CC will be used only by those that cannot wait to unlock it by leveling up a race or cannot afford to pay credits in lieu of for a legacy unlock.

In other words.... it's for impatient people who can and will pay real money to buy CCs to mediate their impatience. And in that context, the prices are fine. It should not be cheap when there are two different methods in game to do it already.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

DjJazz
11.12.2012 , 02:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Racial unlocks via CC will be used only by those that cannot wait to unlock it by leveling up a race or cannot afford to pay credits in lieu of for a legacy unlock.

In other words.... it's for impatient people who can and will pay real money to buy CCs to mediate their impatience. And in that context, the prices are fine. It should not be cheap when there are two different methods in game to do it already.
What about the people who already unlocked them on a different server, then decided to joina different server taht they couldn't transfer their main to?

ripster
11.12.2012 , 02:13 PM | #10
The price on these has to match two uses:

1) Subscribers who want to spend real cash to unlock the Legacy perk.
2) F2Pers who want even 'normal' access to the races other than human, cyborg and zabrak.

I don't know what the right price is, but I think this kind of unlock should be account wide. As it seems to be now, being tied to the Legacy of the character that uses the unlock, it would only be for the server that Legacy is on (unless Legacy become an account wide thing).