Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscribers, the advantage of paying money?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscribers, the advantage of paying money?

Lionflash
11.12.2012 , 02:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Scan View Post
Do we as subscribers and supporters of this failing game get priority on login, when we...
... i am in a queue now on the proginator server EU - and there are not ANY free players yet either lol...
How do call a game failing and worry about login queues in the same thread?

jgoldsack
11.12.2012 , 02:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
Hehe. Clearly you didn't play in the first month then. I was stuck in a server queue every single day, with my longest wait literally being over 4 hours once. The queues were horrendous, and Scan has a pretty good point:

If the servers are back to being clogged because everyone wants to play on a high-pop server (which if last year's lessons have taught us anything, is EXACTLY what will happen) then subscribers are facing a situation where they are sitting in a queue while F2P gamers are having fun at no cost.
No I played continually since pre-launch. I don't recall EVER having to wait in a queue... for more than 5 minutes. Usually much much less. I had longer queues in WoW.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Andryah
11.12.2012 , 02:26 PM | #23
I guess i dont like being shafted or talked to in that way, maybe its something inside me...

Fact is PAYING to queue is just going to go down in gaming lore, i find it incredulous that anyone would defend that, i am in a queue now on the proginator server EU - and there are not ANY free players yet either lol...
Status screen shows a 5 minute queue for Progenitor... right this minute.

Stop exaggerating.

Note: one minute later... no queue.

Again.. stop exaggerating.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah
11.12.2012 , 02:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
No I played continually since pre-launch. I don't recall EVER having to wait in a queue... for more than 5 minutes. Usually much much less. I had longer queues in WoW.
Same experience here as well. It depended on your server.

There were however a small number of servers at launch that were overloaded and did have longer queues. Not that many really... and it went away after a few weeks.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Journeyer
11.12.2012 , 02:28 PM | #25
Game Login:
FULL ACCESS Priority status in the Login Queue
LIMITED ACCESS No priority status in the Login Queue
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

AlienEyeTX
11.12.2012 , 02:32 PM | #26
I guess i dont like being shafted or talked to in that way, maybe its something inside me...

Fact is PAYING to queue is just going to go down in gaming lore, i find it incredulous that anyone would defend that, i am in a queue now on the proginator server EU - and there are not ANY free players yet either lol...
But why are you complaining about something that hasn't happened yet? Give it a chance. If you're forced to queue, then by all means rant and rave. No use getting worked up over hypotheticals.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Scan
11.12.2012 , 02:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
Game Login:
FULL ACCESS Priority status in the Login Queue
LIMITED ACCESS No priority status in the Login Queue
IF the server is full of free to play players, and there are a few hundred subscribers in the queue, what will you be doing as a subcriber?

Paying to queue. Mark my words.
Soon. (tm)

jgoldsack
11.12.2012 , 02:40 PM | #28
IF the server is full of free to play players, and there are a few hundred subscribers in the queue, what will you be doing as a subcriber?

Paying to queue. Mark my words.
As opposed to what you are doing RIGHT THIS MOMENT?

I think you are over-inflating the issue. Kinda like how Bioware over-hyped the game....
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Scan
11.12.2012 , 02:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
How do call a game failing and worry about login queues in the same thread?
If a game pumps millions into a game and gets what a few hundred thousand subs, it fails.

If the said game tries to squeeze the few hundred subs into not enough servers, it fails.

~Not rocket science tbh.
Soon. (tm)

jgoldsack
11.12.2012 , 02:43 PM | #30
If a game pumps millions into a game and gets what a few hundred subs, it fails.

If the said game tries to squeeze the few hundred subs into not enough servers, it fails.

~Not rocket science tbh.
When a game has haters who hate on it so passionately it must be doing something right.