Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscribers, the advantage of paying money?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscribers, the advantage of paying money?

Scan
11.12.2012 , 12:46 PM | #1
Do we as subscribers and supporters of this failing game get priority on login, when we log on will we enter a subscriber queue that has priority or have to sit and wait while F2P bods happily level up alts totally free of charge?

I cannot begin to tell you how much of another clustercluck of poostorm is coming your way if on Thursday i try to log on the tomb of freedon nadd and im greeted with...

... 1881 in queue - wait time 4 hours ...

Mugged off.
Soon. (tm)

Darth_Bond
11.12.2012 , 12:48 PM | #2
what do you get for your 15$ a month?

well...more than 2 flashpoints/warzones a week

the ability to do operations...

and...

well i cant think of anything else...
Story is so important i sold starwars to disney and asked jj abrams to direct the new star wars film....and that is why we cant have faction change!

Andryah
11.12.2012 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Scan View Post
Do we as subscribers and supporters of this failing game get priority on login, when we log on will we enter a subscriber queue that has priority or have to sit and wait while F2P bods happily level up alts totally free of charge?

I cannot begin to tell you how much of another clustercluck of poostorm is coming your way if on Thursday i try to log on the tomb of freedon nadd and im greeted with...

Mugged off.
So, you make sweeping negative comments about the game failing, and do not read the released information about the F2P feature list for subscribers, and you want us to answer you questions?

Read the features page, kay?
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Addaib
11.12.2012 , 12:55 PM | #4

Mugged off.
Yes from what I read we do get go at the head of the line when it comes to logging in vs the F2p people.

Gomla
11.12.2012 , 01:01 PM | #5
Scan, I remember some of your posts from the beta forums....

I'm surprised to read a thread of yours that isn't asking for the game to be aimed at the top "hardcore" players.

As for log in, yes subscribers get priority log in.

Will it work? Now that is another question entirely.

Alas i'm busy on Thursday and Friday so will be watching the forums with baited breath to see how well the F2P launch goes and how much rage fills these boards.

Iggster
11.12.2012 , 01:01 PM | #6

Mugged off.
Queue priority is a planned feature for subscribers when F2P hits. Hopefully they have increase the player cap on each server.

Lankybrit
11.12.2012 , 01:04 PM | #7
nvm - 10 chars

Scan
11.12.2012 , 01:31 PM | #8
My point is, server full of F2P bunnies, queues full of paying subs...

Clustercluck goes off.
Soon. (tm)

Scan
11.12.2012 , 01:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
Scan, I remember some of your posts from the beta forums....
Yea, i'm back to grab some cartel coins and check out the state of the game.

They get one shot at this, this is the last chance saloon for SW:TOR. From what i have been reading they are going to mess this up too. F2P players limited on action bars and warzones ***?! Who are these people that the devs listen too? It's a crying shame to be honest, they could have made this a HUGE hit.
Soon. (tm)

jgoldsack
11.12.2012 , 01:38 PM | #10
My point is, server full of F2P bunnies, queues full of paying subs...

Clustercluck goes off.
If you bothered to read any of the released information on F2P, you would have already had your answer and not needed to even post this thread. But since you obviously cannot find it, here is a link for you:

http://www.swtor.com/free/features
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.