Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will they release 1.5 with current memory leak situation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will they release 1.5 with current memory leak situation?

Matty-Wan
11.11.2012 , 06:47 PM | #1
I cant imagine anything that would turn off new users more then the performance issues that cause the constant freezing and crashing that we know as "playing swtor". I implore you BW, fix the completely out of hand performance issues. If not for your current player base, then for the players you hope to garner...
Its Starwarsy and Iconic. RIP SWG

MOPSFounder
11.11.2012 , 06:55 PM | #2
I think they will. With 1.4, my lag/FPS issues came back and PvP for me can such a f'ing pain. If 1.5 makes lag/FPS issues worse or not get any better, I can already tell you the TORtanic 2.0 will sink just like its predecessor.

"SWTOR was doing just fine, until it took a Patch 1.4 to the knee."
—Urael

arunav
11.11.2012 , 06:55 PM | #3
Perhaps the problem isn't as prevalent as we think it is. I was initially affected, but updating drivers and playing in windows mode fixed all performance issues, running on the highest settings. I have a pretty regular laptop, too, certainly not made for gaming.

I share your concern, though, if performance problems are still common. If so, maybe there is something to address them further in the 1.5 patch.

More likely, the BioWare MO to this game seems to be introduce problems first, as some are unpredictable, and fix the major ones afterwards. All others linger as is.

GRINnBARRETT
11.11.2012 , 08:05 PM | #4
I had ability ui lag most of the night last night & I'm 10 minutes & counting on a loading screen all of a sudden tonight...really not sure what's up all of a sudden.

simplius
11.11.2012 , 08:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MOPSFounder View Post
I think they will. With 1.4, my lag/FPS issues came back and PvP for me can such a f'ing pain. If 1.5 makes lag/FPS issues worse or not get any better, I can already tell you the TORtanic 2.0 will sink just like its predecessor.

"SWTOR was doing just fine, until it took a Patch 1.4 to the knee."
—Urael
prolly yes,,the scary part, is that BW seems to be AIMING for the iceberg

this game have bled subs since launch,,i dont think ive seen ANY mmo population drop so fast

still they havent reacted to that fact in any reasonable way

bahdasz
11.11.2012 , 08:55 PM | #6
Performance went to crap after the last update. I'm tired of everyone saying "it must be your computer" all the time. Let me tell you two things: if it was just my computer there wouldn't be be people complaining about it all over the forums and in game, and... BioWare is not going to give any of you a free month of gameplay or send a ****** to your house if you defend them all the time, so stop already. I don't know what you people think you owe BW/EA/LA/Disney, but I'm tired of seeing you same half dozen people going on every thread telling everyone their computer sucks. Just shut up, they screwed up the game, everyone knows it, if you think you're going to get a cookie for denying it you're wrong.

annabethchase
11.11.2012 , 10:02 PM | #7
never seen anyone talk about this in game. Must be rare.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Draksen
11.11.2012 , 10:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
never seen anyone talk about this in game. Must be rare.
It isnt rare.
A huge % of players are concerned by the problem. Some more than others.
For some it's just a small drop in performance since 1.4, forced to play in window mode or lower graphics details.
For others it's worse, with fps going from 60 to 5 in specific zones, and/or having light glitches everywhere on the screen each time they use a saber or a blaster.
And all these with 2000€ computers which are usually running bf3 (as an example) with maxed graphics and great fluidity on multiplayer maps surrounded by 30-40+ players...

Let's just be frank and honest: their 1.4 code is c.r.a.p.
So either they correct it for 1.5 or should already prepare for hearing big laughing from new players coming to test the game with the f2p option. I really hope they have conscience of that fact that they game, as it is now, is technically in a bad shape (not talking about the content here, which is another matter)

Cause new players wont take the pain to come here posting about these bugs, they will install the game, test it, laugh, and quit. Simple as that.
Major Krypho Kallistis, Commando d'assaut
Krypso Kallistis, Jedi de la République Galactique
Krypto Kallistis, Capitaine contrebandier et Corsaire
Battle Méditation RP-PvE / EU - français

sstanks
11.11.2012 , 10:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by simplius View Post
prolly yes,,the scary part, is that BW seems to be AIMING for the iceberg

this game have bled subs since launch,,i dont think ive seen ANY mmo population drop so fast

still they havent reacted to that fact in any reasonable way
age of conan lost 75% of its subs in 2 months. WAR lost 75% of it's subs after the first month.
btw why are you still playing?

HelinCarnate
11.11.2012 , 10:34 PM | #10
I still have to play in windowed mode or the game studders so bad that it is unplayable. Even in windowed, there is still some studder, just not as bad. I also agree with what someone said about it not being computer related. 1.4 happened and suddenly this game plays terrible, but every single other game runs just fine. Yes computer parts can go bad suddenly and with bad luck it can happen at the same time an update to a game is made, but to have that happen to thousands of people at the same time that all have the exact same problem is beyond the realm of coincidence.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.