Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

does kotor 2 work on windows 8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
does kotor 2 work on windows 8

turnoverla-page
11.11.2012 , 03:34 AM | #1
having love kotor and everybody saying kotor 2 is just as good, i recently brought it on stem but i have the windows 8 preview and am going to get w8 pro soon, but my kotor 2 inst even getting to the menu, it goes lucas arts then another game company, and then stops working, (is anyone else having that problem

Rayla_Felana
11.11.2012 , 05:47 AM | #2
Windows 8 is terrible for gaming, as far as I have seen and heard, I can't tell you how you could get the game to work on that OS, but I will give you the advice to perhaps revert to 7, if you can.

BenKatarn
11.11.2012 , 06:03 AM | #3
Considering that I barely got both games working on Windows 7, I would say the chances of getting them to work on Windows 8 are rather slim. That is, unless someone writes a compatibility patch for them.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Eillack
11.11.2012 , 10:29 AM | #4
Windows 8 is bad for a lot of things, I'm not touching W8 but from what I heard from friends / a few family members I would say - no.

I've gotten Kotor 2 (actually started playing it again out of boredom) on my W7's quite easily.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

fraterphoenix
11.30.2012 , 10:46 PM | #5
I think the issues that people have with any new operating system is that they put in a computer system that barely makes the grade. This is not Microsoft's responsibility. My suggestion is buy a new computer that has Windows 8 in it than upgrading-- unless you are a computer geek that knows a great deal about computers. The ones that goes out and buys a new OS or whatever are not businesses. it is the individuals in private homes. Spite the software that tells you that your system can use Windows 8; note, that is a bare bone scan. I mean it does not know all you will be running on your system like security software, office suites, games (like SWTOR), etc. There is always a lot more to upgrading a computer system than an operating system.

turnoverla-page
12.01.2012 , 03:58 AM | #6
it got further then the obsidian logo a couple of time, but then i hit the more known problem of it crashing after setting up a character

Asrei
12.01.2012 , 08:56 AM | #7
Just tried KoTOR 2 on windows 8 and had no problem running a new character or a saved one. I am using the Restored Content Mod so I don't know how that effects it.

PDAChevyChase
01.09.2013 , 03:39 PM | #8
im trying to get kotor 1 to work and its p***ing me off

BladedDingo
01.09.2013 , 09:39 PM | #9
I play the Steam version of Kotor 2 on Windows 8 and it runs perfectly fine, no problems at all.