Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

accents over letters in player names

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
accents over letters in player names

DarthFamine
11.13.2012 , 03:14 AM | #11
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Draksen
11.13.2012 , 05:18 AM | #13
Welcome to our new member, ŕŦħ ŇŁƐƬ
Krypso Draksen, Chevalier de la Rpublique
Major Krypho Draksen, Commando d'assaut
Battle Meditation PvE-RP / Europe - franais

Bida
11.13.2012 , 10:09 AM | #14
While all of this sounds cool and amazing, in practice it has issues. On the plus side, you can get that name you really want, or lost because of the many server consolidations. On the negative side, for an uninformed player, it is nearly impossible to send a tell to an individual with alternate characters in their names. Or try spamming for a group invite but they can never spell your name.

Sivn
11.13.2012 , 10:19 AM | #15
Thank god for this info.

I can now get my names back from lvl1 and 2 toons (i checked ingame adding them to friends list ).

Tim-ONeil
11.13.2012 , 11:08 AM | #16
Master the special characters and the world is yours. Most people can't even tell at a glance that Tm or Tm uses a special character.
Jain Tm Korben Leeloo
Thana Maleficent Thrawn Dr. Horrible
The Dallas Legacy Server: Jedi Covenent US/EAST

Codek
11.13.2012 , 11:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Bida View Post
While all of this sounds cool and amazing, in practice it has issues. On the plus side, you can get that name you really want, or lost because of the many server consolidations. On the negative side, for an uninformed player, it is nearly impossible to send a tell to an individual with alternate characters in their names. Or try spamming for a group invite but they can never spell your name.
Your negative, I view as a positive. I never have received a single gold farming post nor requests for help from anyone I don't know personally.

As for group invites, if you whisper them then they can right click your name in chat.
~Codek