Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

accents over letters in player names

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
accents over letters in player names

amot's Avatar


amot
11.10.2012 , 09:16 AM | #1
can anyone please tell me the alt number keypad code for the accent over the letter O in a player name. ingame. please and ty

KyaniteD's Avatar


KyaniteD
11.10.2012 , 09:25 AM | #2
If you have a windows computer, you just need to open the character map (in Windows 7, just type character map in Start > Search), choose a common font like Arial, choose the letter you're looking for and it'll display the keystrokes.

Not sure which accent you mean on which O, so here goes:

= Alt +0210
= Alt +0211
= Alt +0212
= Alt +0213
= Alt +0214
= Alt +0242
= Alt +0243
= Alt +0244
= Alt +0245
= Alt +0246
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
______Crafting_____ ______Trading___ ___
All original level 1-50 custom sets & full cartel sets. (JC only.)

amnie's Avatar


amnie
11.10.2012 , 09:43 AM | #3
I'm so glad I have on my keyboard and can easily write . makes some things a lot easier.


either way, I am not sure if this works on an English keyboard too, but when you use the key (not to be confused with the ' key) before pressing some letters (I think this works for i,e, a, o, and u) you will automatically get and when you press caps while using (`)

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
11.10.2012 , 09:54 AM | #4
Here. What I did is copy-pasted letters with accents from here into a notepad document

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...s/codealt.html

Whatever I need from there I just copy-paste and it works fine! Hah.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

KyaniteD's Avatar


KyaniteD
11.10.2012 , 10:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
either way, I am not sure if this works on an English keyboard too, but when you use the key (not to be confused with the ' key) before pressing some letters (I think this works for i,e, a, o, and u) you will automatically get and when you press caps while using (`)
I'm using a US keyboard and I had to switch from "English US" input to to "English US International" input in my language settings to make this work.

How to use the United States-International keyboard layout and create international characters:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306560
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
______Crafting_____ ______Trading___ ___
All original level 1-50 custom sets & full cartel sets. (JC only.)

TeamDarkFury's Avatar


TeamDarkFury
11.13.2012 , 01:41 AM | #6
this is the first game ive tried using the character map to change up my toons names. however, ive had nothing but problems trying to find a type of lower case "s" to start off my name. any help out there?

TeamDarkFury's Avatar


TeamDarkFury
11.13.2012 , 01:42 AM | #7
and yes, i know the game automatically formats standard lower case "s" and capitalizes it. but ive seen cats running around with an altered lower case s. any help would be much appreciated.

Talahar's Avatar


Talahar
11.13.2012 , 02:08 AM | #8
I dream of a TOR where these letters aren't necessary.
I dream of a TOR where everyone gets the name he or she wants.
I dream of a TOR where everyone is able to whisper any other person easily.
I dream of a TOR where legacy name means something.
I dream of a TOR where I'm less sad.
Sometimes, I even dream of Jeannie. (I'm old. Not THAT old, but old enough.)

I created a character today that I don't plan to play anytime soon just because I fear the name I had for it in mind
would be gone before I get to play it eventually after opening the flood gates of f2p....

Kelbun's Avatar


Kelbun
11.13.2012 , 02:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by amot View Post
can anyone please tell me the alt number keypad code for the accent over the letter O in a player name. ingame. please and ty
If you do a web search you can find huge lists of codes for different characters. If I was home on my PC, I'd share the link but I am at work

Kelbun's Avatar


Kelbun
11.13.2012 , 02:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
If you have a windows computer, you just need to open the character map (in Windows 7, just type character map in Start > Search), choose a common font like Arial, choose the letter you're looking for and it'll display the keystrokes.

Not sure which accent you mean on which O, so here goes:

= Alt +0210
= Alt +0211
= Alt +0212
= Alt +0213
= Alt +0214
= Alt +0242
= Alt +0243
= Alt +0244
= Alt +0245
= Alt +0246
The Number part of these code must be done on your number pad BTW.