Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)

todorovh
12.05.2012 , 12:52 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by arkitip View Post
I don't think that was the assumption. I think that the assumption was that since the poster was speaking toward nerfing 16m content in order to allow more people to complete it and inferring that was a bad thing that the poster was in a guild with a significant amount of NiM 16m pulls in. At this time, there are only 3 guilds with a significant number of Kephess pulls - MoX, FF, and Chosen.

As for whether or not these encounters *should* be nerfed.. I feel like the current state they are in shows that the content was not tested at the 16m level thoroughly enough and that the current guilds pulling Kephess are essentially the beta testers. Do we think we're (Chosen) going to be able to do it? Yes. From the perspective of a DPS player that MID PROGRESSION decided to level a different AC to be "more viable" though I will tell you that the fights are tuned in such a way that certain specs are on the cusp of being unusable in the raid. The DPS check for the tanks specifically was insane (with every guild that cleared it hitting enrage even though the entire raid was over 1600 DPS on the tanks). When you combine that with the damage SC did it made for an extremely frustrating experience. If the SC tank loses aggro at all, it's a wipe. When you ask for every ounce of DPS possible while not being able to pull aggro for even a second and you still BARELY clear it - there's a bit of a tuning issue. The question will really be was it tuned down too far, not whether it needed it.
i'm sorry .. I should have made it clear that I am a member of FF .. anyway .. it wasn't that long ago when people were complaining that ops were too easy so imo having a bit of a challenge is good.

btw I was tanking SC with our dps going crazy on it

ArrrrMatey
12.05.2012 , 01:01 PM | #172
How are you computing your DPS "On the tanks", as opposed to overall?

Gyronamics
12.05.2012 , 01:14 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by ArrrrMatey View Post
Examine combat logs see how much is on the tank.

Grimsblood
12.05.2012 , 01:21 PM | #174
"On the Tank" dps is not that relevant. It is overall dps for the encounter that matters. If you stick a Dirty Fighting or Lethality Gunslinger/Sniper to clear an add, most of his/her DoT damage is lost in the fight. Ideally you want the last add in the shield dead before the transition phase is over.

In order to beat the enrage timer, you will need to push the dps to extreme perfection in when and where to apply the damage. A good mixture of burst and DoT Class's are required. Burst classes can put out decent damage AND push the transitions phases themselves better. DoT class will be able to sustain a good amount of damage on the main boss. There are balances here.

Donalj
12.05.2012 , 01:56 PM | #175
Muahaha RIP Trenchgutter scum!
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

Garell
12.05.2012 , 04:46 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
Muahaha RIP Trenchgutter scum!
It doesn't count if only 1 person makes it through to the other side...

Donalj
12.05.2012 , 04:55 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by garell View Post
it doesn't count if only 1 person makes it through to the other side...
it counts! It counts! It counts!
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

DarkhorseForLife
12.05.2012 , 06:52 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
it counts! It counts! It counts!
I make a motion to count this as the kill!
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

ArrrrMatey
12.05.2012 , 09:59 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Examine combat logs see how much is on the tank.
Right I get that....but you could choose to divide the time various ways. Sounds like the math is a bit loose depending on where you decide that cutoff is.

Gyronamics
12.06.2012 , 04:08 AM | #180
Right I get that....but you could choose to divide the time various ways. Sounds like the math is a bit loose depending on where you decide that cutoff is.
Examining dps "on the tanks" is pointless, it has to be the whole fight.

But you highlighted that phrase so I said how you'd see it.

Whatever you do someone still has to dps the adds and if you slack off there you have a knock-on with dps on the tanks so dps on the adds also has to be taken into account.