Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Oggthebase
11.08.2012 , 06:02 PM | #21
Is it only me who is shocked at seeing Blaine Christine's face?

With all the layoffs at EAware and the people who left on their own, I can only guess at the amount of stress and additional work that has fallen on Blaine Christine's shoulders. Look at the poor guy's face, he seems completely dead tired, his eyes are rimmed and red, his skin is pale.
Maybe I am imagining things, but he seems overworked.
EAware has been killing its remaining developpers... "look we laid off two guys, the third guy remaining must now do the work of 3 persons but we don't care this must be done!"
Could it be the real reason the two founders left Bioware?...

Compare to the same Blaine five months ago at E3 for patch 1.3
http://youtu.be/pNUOXhoSWqk

Darkfalstaff
11.08.2012 , 06:53 PM | #22
Evidently Bioware has banned razors as a means to save money....

Felioats
11.08.2012 , 06:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
Is it only me who is shocked at seeing Blaine Christine's face?

With all the layoffs at EAware and the people who left on their own, I can only guess at the amount of stress and additional work that has fallen on Blaine Christine's shoulders. Look at the poor guy's face, he seems completely dead tired, his eyes are rimmed and red, his skin is pale.
Maybe I am imagining things, but he seems overworked.
EAware has been killing its remaining developpers... "look we laid off two guys, the third guy remaining must now do the work of 3 persons but we don't care this must be done!"
Could it be the real reason the two founders left Bioware?...

Compare to the same Blaine five months ago at E3 for patch 1.3
http://youtu.be/pNUOXhoSWqk
He looks tired and there's no doubt workload has increased, but he also has more facial hair, and the lighting is very different. At E3, he had a spotlight on his face. This new video looks dim and yellowy by comparison. I'm sure there was a higher energy level at the convention, too.

http://i.imgur.com/ZU2sl.jpg

I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, and I certainly don't want to pick on Blaine. I'm just pointing out a few factors to consider.
>

Lascivious
11.08.2012 , 07:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnyHoward View Post
Because everyone flying/driving around in a chair is just beyond totally retarded, I demand the guy who came up with this idea be fired and never allowed to work in the gaming industry again.
Agreed!
This space reserved for moments of sanity!
Veteran of: UO, SWG, EQII, COH, LOTRO, STO & RIFT!

solo-nite
11.08.2012 , 07:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
i thought the throne is something you can have in the ship but well look like its almost like a new speeder or hovering chair which is really ridiculous!

other than that, looking forward to the rest of items!
yea the throne looks stupid, come on Bioware let us use our ships as playing housing so we can have thrones like that on ship and trophy's etc and while we at it can you please finally allow use to sit down on seats.

RogeAce
11.08.2012 , 07:21 PM | #26
I was wondering if we could buy oposit fracktion equipment and gear from the CC stor?
Sorry i know my spelling's bad feel free to make fun
A jobs a job as long as I get paid

Nireesh
11.08.2012 , 07:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
I have seen some very stupid things but a throne with rockets on the bottom so so you move about while seated? Really Bioware?

From the video it even looked like it went up to speeder piloting 3 so would ba as fast if not faster than speeders. So people will be flying around on floating thrones. And yet sitting on a stationaty chair is too much work.
Lol, totally agree here. A throne should not be a level 3 speeder. Interesting idea to add 'cosmetic' weaponry. I think that's a neat idea. Though if they really want to do well in my humble opinion they'd give players a place to store trinkets etc in 3d (not a bank or inventory). Maybe be able to put things in your ship.. but I know I'm going off on a tangent. I'm interested to see what else is going to be on the cartel market.

PoliteAssasin
11.08.2012 , 07:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RogeAce View Post
I was wondering if we could buy oposit fracktion equipment and gear from the CC stor?
Sorry i know my spelling's bad feel free to make fun
Yeah there's some opposite faction items for direct purchase.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

Raijukin
11.08.2012 , 07:41 PM | #29
more stupid grab bag packs in market places..paying for an opportunity to most likely get nothing for something...no thanks.

roseruby
11.08.2012 , 07:47 PM | #30
when does the free to play come out or has it already come out ?