Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't decide between heals or DPS on Sage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Can't decide between heals or DPS on Sage

Kurugi
11.06.2012 , 07:14 PM | #1
I've heard TK was one of the funnest DPS specs in the game to play, but I'm kinda tired of DPS. I haven't really focused on playing a healer since vanilla WoW when I played a paladin so I'm kind of interested in that, plus I know you can solo a lot of heroic quests and finding groups for FPs is easier. I've just heard healing in this game is kinda boring.

Oh, and this is mainly for PvE.

Kurugi
11.06.2012 , 10:19 PM | #2
Also can I pretty much take my melee abilities off my hotbar?

LiquidHayter
11.07.2012 , 06:58 AM | #3
Its been my first serious healer in an mmo, and I am enjoying it very much. My DPS was kind of boring playwise, but I thoroughly enjoyed that class's storyline, and that what kept me playing. Like you said, soloing heroics is possible and still offers a challenge vs. getting your *** pounded being a dps while trying to solo the same stuff. Theres a difference between impossible and challenging.
You also stated that fps are easier to get into. Idk if you ask me, healer is fun and enjoyable. You have to manage more during raids, fps, operations, etc.. So the only time I ever feel bored is if someone is way overleveled for the missions at hand, be it me or another player.
Remember: Your focus determines your reality.. And I am focusing my blaster right in between your eyes.

LiquidHayter
11.07.2012 , 07:01 AM | #4
I use the 4 hotbar set up and still have my melee binded ;however, I hardly use melee. As a healer, you won't be using your lightsaber very much, unfortunately. Disturbance is more powerful and easier on your force pool, also ranged; however its channeled.
Remember: Your focus determines your reality.. And I am focusing my blaster right in between your eyes.

TheNahash
11.07.2012 , 09:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurugi View Post
I've heard TK was one of the funnest DPS specs in the game to play, but I'm kinda tired of DPS. I haven't really focused on playing a healer since vanilla WoW when I played a paladin so I'm kind of interested in that, plus I know you can solo a lot of heroic quests and finding groups for FPs is easier. I've just heard healing in this game is kinda boring.

Healing is not boring at all, but that depends on what you like and on the group you are healing, of course.

And yes you can take your saber strikes off your hotbars. You will never, ever use them.

NukErv
11.07.2012 , 10:22 AM | #6
If your Gonna do PVP do not go SAGE. Bioware will not give the sage any damage burst. When you get to 50 you'll be mad at spending all the time developing a player, to get killed in 3-4 hits, even with your shield.

Kurugi
11.07.2012 , 11:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Healing is not boring at all, but that depends on what you like and on the group you are healing, of course.

And yes you can take your saber strikes off your hotbars. You will never, ever use them.
I've healed up to Athiss. It's alright but a little mundane, but I think that has more to do with the fact I don't have all my tools yet so it feels kinda boring when I only have deliverance, benevolence, and my bubble.

I'll probably stick to the TK tree up till the 20s or so just cuz spec doesn't really start to affect your playstyle till then.

Ycoga
11.08.2012 , 05:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post

Nonsense! I use double-strike now and then - to gleefully finish off a tough marauder that's been on me during a wz

As the the OP - a hybrid healer spec is the most useful sage build atm - and it uses Egress and Bubblestun.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Kurugi
11.08.2012 , 01:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
Nonsense! I use double-strike now and then - to gleefully finish off a tough marauder that's been on me during a wz

As the the OP - a hybrid healer spec is the most useful sage build atm - and it uses Egress and Bubblestun.
I said in the OP this is for PvE. Hybrid build with bubble stun is for PvP.

BoDiE
11.08.2012 , 01:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurugi View Post

If you're gonna premade pvp then go heals. If you're pugging you're gonna rage quit. Before the nabs jump up yelling bs, try it and remember I warned you first. It's way too squishy.

Pve it's quite fun.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.