Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

lord-durpp
11.01.2012 , 11:31 PM | #1
the new trilogy, as stated, could still do this. There is no story beyond legacy (138 ABY). this means that there could be an entire new plot line without pissing off diehard eu fans.

thoughts?

OldVengeance
11.01.2012 , 11:47 PM | #2
They could, but I'm almost certain they won't. My guess the entire EU and every character in it is about to become non-canon.

NoTomorrow
11.02.2012 , 01:52 AM | #3
They will go with what would be financially safest route: not abusing the hell out of Luke in the new series could prove very risky. So i believe they will bring back luke one way or another. Which probably means EU (at least the new era) will be changed.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Captain_Zone
11.02.2012 , 02:04 AM | #4
Personally, I'd like to see either the Thrawn Trilogy (which rumors would tell us is not going to happen) or have a retcon of Legacy only while keeping Darth Talon because she's awesome.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Captain_Zone
11.02.2012 , 02:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
They will go with what would be financially safest route: not abusing the hell out of Luke in the new series could prove very risky. So i believe they will bring back luke one way or another. Which probably means EU (at least the new era) will be changed.
The financially safest route would be the Thrawn Trilogy, since most fans have at least heard of it, and those who have read it nearly unanimously agree that it would make a great movie trilogy.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

chuixupu
11.02.2012 , 02:17 AM | #6
But we know it's not going to be the Thrawn trilogy. Confirmed many times over in news articles.

I think the best thing they could do is create an original story that doesn't tread on the toes of the EU. I can be done. I know some people really seem to hate it and want the EU dead and buried, but many fans enjoy it and they would best not stir things up *too* much.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Emperor_Kakashi
11.02.2012 , 02:36 AM | #7
I'd rather not see any of the games, comics, or novels used as the upcoming movie. I'd much prefer it to be something new yet stays true to the EU works. Something between the new novels and the Legacy comics would probably be best, in my opinion.

Girdeux
11.02.2012 , 04:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
But we know it's not going to be the Thrawn trilogy. Confirmed many times over in news articles.

I think the best thing they could do is create an original story that doesn't tread on the toes of the EU. I can be done. I know some people really seem to hate it and want the EU dead and buried, but many fans enjoy it and they would best not stir things up *too* much.
No. alot of people hate what post-rotj EU has done to the franchise..most of the fans that watched the movies dont even have a clue what the EU is anyhow.

Eillack
11.02.2012 , 05:53 AM | #9
I thought it was confirmed that all EU is getting the boot? ...damn Disney...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

jarjarloves
11.02.2012 , 07:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-durpp View Post
the new trilogy, as stated, could still do this. There is no story beyond legacy (138 ABY). this means that there could be an entire new plot line without pissing off diehard eu fans.

thoughts?
I like to pretend sometimes too.