Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

angelserra
01.29.2013 , 05:33 AM | #811
i am a subscriber paying and crashing far too often 5-6 times a night and doesnt matter where i am or what i am doing. PVP zones fleet etc it did not do this until latest main patch.
I have windows xp and i HAVE updated my directX 11
swtor has stopped responding error
DXdiag
Spoiler

system eventvwr file ( one of them i can post more )
Spoiler

Darkmunkee
01.29.2013 , 01:58 PM | #812
Name of server: The Shadowlands
Name of character(s) affected: All
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often: Upon finishing all Flashpoints, and take the speeder flightpaths
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc: Nothing out of the norm, completely random
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

xxunforgottenxx
01.29.2013 , 03:15 PM | #813
1. Jedi Covenant
2. xxunforgottenxx
3. constant
4. I never make it past the launcher, once I click "start game" the screen turns black than it goes back to the desktop it happens every time I want to start the game

Spoiler

BearcubIN
01.29.2013 , 08:09 PM | #814
1. Name of Server: Begeren Colony
2. Name of Character: Khellendros
3. Frequency of crashing: 12 crashes within a 7 hour period.
4. Standing near the Flashpoint quests on the Empire Fleet waiting for a group in group finder
5. DXDiag:
Spoiler

6. Your reliability report:
Spoiler

7. Use to Crash to Desktop, now crashes to loading screen that only loads about 1/4 of the way and just sits there and have to use the Windows Task Manager to kill the program.

BiiBaa
01.30.2013 , 12:39 AM | #815
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendah View Post
I have tried flashpoint "The Esseles" and game crashed as well while jumping to hyperspace...group members waited for me every time to come back but I crashed 4 times and gave up eventually.

The thing is with republic flashpiont I cant finish the mission, i don't get the credit and the mission log stays undone.
Look at this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
A guild mate found this thread, minimizing the window and waiting 20 seconds worked for me as well and stopped the game from crashing to windows at the final cut-scene.

Khyle
01.30.2013 , 09:44 AM | #816
1. Name of server: The Red Eclipse (EU)
2. Name of character(s) affected: Vannik (he's my only character)
3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Hard to say, but it basically happens every day at least once, sometimes more than that. It's been like this since I got back to the game at the start of 2013 after a ~2 months break (with a new PC).
4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: I can't seem to be able to finish any Warzone; it always ends up with me getting kicked to my desktop. It usually happens once during Flashpoint runs, too. It's more frequent -but not exclusive- when I'm in the middle of a fight. Terribly annoying and discouraging if you ask me.

5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
  • Windows 7:
    Spoiler

7. It is a crash to desktop.
"You let one of them go, but that's nothing new. Every now and then, a little victim's spared... because she smiled, cos he's got freckles, cos they begged. And that's how you live with yourself, that's how you slaughter millions. Because once in a while, on a whim, if the wind's in the right direction… you happen to be kind."

enderandrew
01.30.2013 , 09:59 AM | #817
1. Shadowlands
2. About once every hour or two
3. No noticable trend that I've seen
Spoiler

Spoiler

HobbesTay
01.30.2013 , 11:49 AM | #818
I know it won't help most people but after months of crashing every 30-45 minutes while running windows Vista 32 I upgraded to windows 7 64 bit, using exactly the same hardware and haven't had a crash in over a month now, apart from during a windows update that ran in the background and was waiting to be installed during a reboot.

Hope BioWare fix this for those on 32bit systems and realise that for every person who has posted here there are probably 5 more who just gave up and de-subbed or gave up on free to play.

This issue alone has probably cost Bioware hundreds of thousands of pounds in lost revenue and I can't understand how they can not have forseen this and fixed this issue as a matter of priority.

rcurve
01.30.2013 , 01:15 PM | #819
Server: Ebon Hawk
Character: Lotral
everytime I log on i get 30 in game then im kicked

Grundlestrip
01.30.2013 , 01:59 PM | #820
Server: prophecy of five
character ; all of them
internet ; comcast, savannah, ga
every 1-2 min i disconnect to a loading screen that never loads anything.