Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zarakaar
11.17.2012 , 06:27 PM | #71
Name of server: Jedi Covenant
Name of character affected: Maelvinos
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Infrequent. The program sometimes locks up, but seldom closes on it's own. I've had 5 critical events related to swtor.exe in the past 3 weeks.

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
I had just finished the imter on a space mission, but hadn't get gotten the completion popup. I also had a browser open and was alt-tab'ing to read messages since the mission was done a minute earlier.

DxDiag
Spoiler

Reliability Report
Spoiler

This was a crash to desktop, swtor completely closed.

Seventhkey
11.17.2012 , 08:53 PM | #72
Name of server: Jedi Covenant
Name of character affected: All
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? about ever 15 to 30 minutes

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
lock up and crash to desk
DxDiag
Spoiler

Seventhkey
11.17.2012 , 08:55 PM | #73
Diag part 2 not enough space.
Spoiler

There is no event with the crashes

Chylla
11.17.2012 , 09:21 PM | #74
1) Begeren Colony

2) Krystine, Chy'lla, Bulgroth, Yulera, Lantaya, Rish'il, Talo-zur, Cae'lla

3) Every 2-3 hours

4) Practically anything. Doing FPs, Ops, even sitting on fleet doing nothing. I do notice however, that before a crash, I hear the sound stutter whatever sound or sounds are playing 20-30mins before and immediately at crash. Screen goes black, I still see my cursor and then after a minute or so, I'm at my desktop, application closed.

5)
Spoiler

6) The Event Viewer does not display any "errors" by SWTOR.exe, so I have no info to post here, sadly.

7) This is indeed a crash to desktop. I don't even receive a "SWTOR.exe as stopped responding" window or anything. Black screen, then at desktop with SWTOR's application closed.

Deathbysnusnu
11.17.2012 , 11:00 PM | #75
Are you guys even trying to fix it? It took you almost 6 months to even "notice" this issue and it's completely obvious that nothing is being done...especially now that it is free to play...you don't know what's causing this problem? Well I can safely tell you it started doing this around 1.3 so that should give you a clue of where to start looking.

SithLady
11.18.2012 , 12:17 AM | #76
1.Name of server - The Harbinger
2.Name of character(s) affected - Wrathan, Sorcerer, Orxhitane, Councilor, Bloodlocke
3.Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? - crashing about every 2-3 hours.
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. seems to be random, though most frequently just before or after a data load.
5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags•For Windows 7 / Vista:
Spoiler

I will also tell you that I tried to do a repair check which has made the game COMPLETELY unplayable. after it finished, my speeders were not showing up although I was still moving as though they were there. I ran the tool again for fixes and then the game crashed while repairinfg files. I have been unsuccessful in reloading and updating SWTOR since then. I want an agent to talk to me and I want AT LEAST a month of game time AND a 5,500 cartel coin pack because of this. OVER 24 hours and I can't even get teh game to INSTALL AND UPDATE! This is BS guys, let's get it together.
Sorcerer / Knowami / Scarlett'Umbra

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda

Hephaetus
11.18.2012 , 04:27 AM | #77
Memory leak is obviously the issue, so why is it taking months to fix ? Are you people at bioware so incapable of fixing a problem you caused, although if your techies who are trying to fix it are as good as most of your customer service agents then you guys should replace ALOT of them.

JayMatt
11.18.2012 , 07:13 AM | #78
1.Name of server -The Ebon Hawk (Empire)
2.Name of character(s) affected -Jacenstorm
3.Frequency of crashing –Every time I try to access the quest ,can't advance class/story
4.Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.--- Trying to advance the storyline with a class quest for my Sith Warrior, have to travel to a space station and everytime I click on it to travel there the game crashes. Mission name in Spoilers.

Spoiler

HobbesTay
11.18.2012 , 11:02 AM | #79
Hi

After months of suffering with this issue and the only response back is "We are still investigating" I think this is a little insulting. Rather than just keep asking for already annoyed people to post their diagnostics why don't you source a PC with windows vista 32 bit (or any other 32 bit operating system) and 4gb Ram and then install SWTOR on this PC. If you then played the game for 1-3 hours you would experience a crash and see first hand what the issue is?

I am normally a very patient person but after experiencing this issue after playing swtor for months with no issue, and then for it to be broken for another few months and the only update we receive is "We are still investigating" well....

I for one will never waste my money on another Bioware game, and indeed if I hear of any of my friends or colleges who are thinking of purchasing a bioware game I will STRONGLY advise them not to bother.

Its not just the fact that you don't seem to be able to fix this issue its also that you insult us by posting "We are still investigating"

Mohrgoth
11.18.2012 , 11:27 AM | #80
This happens to all of my toons. Any Server. After a few mins of play, it Blue Screens my PC. (I have a top of the line i7-965 processor and 12gig of ram, and a pretty nice Nvidia card. I have checked other games, and SWTOR is the only game doing this to my pc.

(I wonder if the company is data mining our PC's while we game, and causing the crashes by messing around in memory where they cause the crash)... just a thought.

Anyway... I came back to this game, and subbed. I hope I can play again, cause this seems to be a game killer (as I cant play more than a few mins at a time)

Please fix this