Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nexillus
01.18.2013 , 08:45 PM | #741
Post was over the character amount here is the crash report too!

Spoiler

arimala
01.18.2013 , 09:16 PM | #742
Name of server: Begeren Colony
Name of character(s) affected: Malaric (although I imagine it would happen no matter which character/server)
Frequency of crashing: Once every few hours.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.: Running, riding, initiating a conversation, interacting with a vendor/the gtn terminal, etc..
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

profhermit
01.18.2013 , 09:41 PM | #743
Another random crash to desktop
Spoiler

OwenBrooks
01.18.2013 , 10:08 PM | #744
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexillus View Post
1. Harbringer
2. All Characters
3. Triggered during cinematic on the last cut scene during flashpoint on The Esseles, Tested multiple times and crashed every single time at the same exact point.
4. A few random crashes here about once every 48 hours, no specific trigger unlike the above sited.

Attached DXDIAG & Crash report

Spoiler
Turn off bloom may help,
EDited and deleted stuff

Almightydb
01.18.2013 , 10:38 PM | #745
  1. Name of server. Shadowlands
  2. Name of character(s) affected. All
  3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Intermittent ranging from 3 min after login to an hour or more
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Happens at random times, sometimes during a load screen, other times no apparent trigger
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
    Spoiler
  6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
    Spoiler

The system I'm running the game on is brand new. I've run a memtest and diagnostics on everything on the system and everything came back good. no other games have this issue on my system.

OwenBrooks
01.18.2013 , 10:45 PM | #746
Quote: Originally Posted by Almightydb View Post
  1. Name of server. Shadowlands
  2. Name of character(s) affected. All
  3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Intermittent ranging from 3 min after login to an hour or more
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Happens at random times, sometimes during a load screen, other times no apparent trigger
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
    Spoiler
  6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
    Spoiler

The system I'm running the game on is brand new. I've run a memtest and diagnostics on everything on the system and everything came back good. no other games have this issue on my system.
Not sure why you are getting BEX errors , you could try turning off DEP, and playing under a clean boot
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
I run Win 7 64bit 3930k 16Gb with 670GTX no crashes (touch wood)

Right click your computer icon go to properties and advanced system settings and then under the advanced tab go to system properties. Once there on the advanced tab under performance, click settings then go to the data execution prevention tab and add the game or program to the exception list.

Kremark
01.19.2013 , 12:27 AM | #747
Name of server. The Harbringer
Name of character(s) affected. Bridggett
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? When in a FP.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. When in a FP and the screen shows the stars warping in hyperspace. happens at the end of black talon and near the beginning of the foundry,

DXDiag
Spoiler

Critical Error

Spoiler

Crozzle
01.19.2013 , 12:54 AM | #748
I think that since the game is now free to play and there are most likely more people playing now , there should be more servers brought online to handle the extra people that are playing now. When the game was first launced there were alot more servers , think it would be good idea to bring them back ASAP I hope that you get this problem fixed and fast what good is paying for a game that you cant play because of equipment failures on your end
DO SOMETHING AND SOON ADD MORE SERVERS IF YOURE GOING TO KEEP IT FREE TO PLAY FOR THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ARE PLAYING THIS GAME GREAT GAME BUT IT SUCKS WHEN YOU CANT PLAY BECAUSE WE KEEP GETTING KICKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armshark
01.19.2013 , 07:49 AM | #749
Quote: Originally Posted by Armshark View Post
1. Red Eclipse
2. Lerdol
3. very frequently, (80 errors in last 3 weeks)
4. it happens at various times without warning, but more frquently whenever i change instances or enter a new zone.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Yes this is deffinatly a crash to desktop.

NO respone, NO fix, tell me again why am i paying a sub? This problem is very frustrating indeed, and for me is totlly spoiling what would otherwise be a fantastic game. only another 30 or 40 errors since i posted originally... looks like your doing something to help... NOT

Majike
01.19.2013 , 08:07 AM | #750
I experience the same thing, ALWAYS on Esseles final cinamatic, which means I can't finish the convo, unless a group mate continues it and it is over by the time I can log back in. It happens on all my characters always on the ifnal cinamatic.

I get the following error logs everytime as well in windows.
Spoiler

and

Spoiler