Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XCONQUESTX
01.15.2013 , 05:32 PM | #701
Name of server. jedi cov
Name of character(s) affected. All
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Every 10 seconds.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Playing the game

Peter_The_Pro
01.15.2013 , 06:09 PM | #702
Quote: Originally Posted by Prijipati View Post
After the last patch, my game crashes to desktop before I can even load the character selection screen. This game is a piece of ****. I will give it one last chance with the scheduled upcoming maintenance. If that does not fix the problem, I am uninstalling forever, and I will never buy another BioWare game again. You have lost a customer.
You have lost 2 customers. Let's go guys, make the chain go to 100!

EDIT: I also think that if you don't get crashes, you get horrible fps. That's me at least.

digitalclover
01.15.2013 , 06:58 PM | #703
[*]Prophecy of the Five
[*]All Characters
[*]Crashes every time at the initial loading screen after selecting a character. As of right now, SWTOR is completely unplayable.
[*]This issue started occurring after downloading today's (1/15/13) patch.

DxDiag will be in following post since it is too many characters for one post.
[*]Your reliability report in spoiler tags

:
Spoiler

SWTOR completely crashes, as well as prevents me from viewing any other window such as "Task Manager." I have to completely restart the machine, or sign out/in in order to regain control of the Windows OS.

In an effort to keep your data organized and easy to read, please respond to the questions above in the same format!
Thanks.[/color]

digitalclover
01.15.2013 , 07:02 PM | #704
Spoiler

digitalclover
01.15.2013 , 07:02 PM | #705
Spoiler

DarkDoz
01.15.2013 , 07:10 PM | #706
Prophecy of the Five
All characters
Crash to desktop happens after last patch 1.61
1. when leaving Section X
2. During black hole dailies

Note PC is custom built for games and runs ME3 CE with no issues.
Win7 Pro SP1 fully updated ( AMD 3.8ghz Quad core, EVGA 560 Ti with 310.90 driver. 16 GB Ram, 120 SD HD)
Anti Virus Vipre turned off when gaming. Run Game Booster 3.4. Cable 40mb down and 5mb up. I average 20 MS on good night and 60 to 80 MS on bad nights.

Lets see how 1.6.2a patch works.

Kharizha
01.15.2013 , 08:42 PM | #707
Jedi Covenant
All my characters are affected
Crashes at the end of flashpoints, Hard mode flashpoints, and sometimes out of the blue. About 2 if I don't do any FP's, or HM. More if I run in my group for FP's or HM's.
I'm just waiting for the screen to load me back to my previous location after any FP's or HM's. This is a crash because I end up at the begging of the FP area, I"m not D/Cing because I usually end up in the same spot if I D/C.
I also repaired my SWTOR launcher to see if that would help get any issues resolved and it hasn't helped.

ogaskell
01.15.2013 , 10:03 PM | #708
1. Dalborra
2. Daghon/Superchrist
3. Random crashes every 2 hours or so
4. Happens randomly no matter what I am doing
5. Couldn't post because it was too many characters

kizzumi
01.15.2013 , 10:52 PM | #709
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hello everyone,

We are still actively investigating reports about consistent crashing to desktop during your game play, please reply to this thread with the following information:
  1. Name of server.
  2. Name of character(s) affected.
  3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
    Spoiler
  6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
    • For Windows 7 / Vista:
      Spoiler
    • For Windows XP:
      Spoiler
  7. Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

In an effort to keep your data organized and easy to read, please respond to the questions above in the same format!
Thanks.
zzzzzz

Paokzu
01.16.2013 , 05:33 AM | #710
Are we making any progress with this memory leak nightmare? I'm not going to quit or anything but these crashes happening all the time have been going on too long. It's sad that a big part of my gameplay experience is looking at the time and thinking 'it's gonna crash any minute' and then it does. I suppose it's more sad that I stick around through it all but I can't quit. lol Lets fix this very soon ok
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/