Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KostonxEld
12.09.2012 , 03:55 AM | #291
Yes I'm still having this horrible persistent problem also ONLY since patch 1.4. Before then I had 0 ZERO crashes to desktop. Then the day 1.4 came out I have been crashing every 2 hours. Happens mostly between loading screens or while loggin alts into game after having been ingame for awhile.

They changed something in 1.4 and we NEED a rollback of whatever "optimization" they added in 1.4 that BROKE so many 32bit users game!! Some memory leak is killing this game for me!!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Hanzman
12.09.2012 , 10:11 AM | #292
Server: PO5
Characters Affected: ALL
Frequency of Crash: Can be an hour into play or a matter of seconds on loading screen

I have had this problem for the better part of 2 weeks now. It is completely random as to when this occurs. Basically the screen freezes and there is nothing you can do except do a hard reboot. Since 12-4-12 my windows reliability report shows a drastic drop off. I never had this problem previously. I'd post it but I can't due to character limits.

This has happened to me doing the following today:

* Trying to quick-travel from my ship to fleet
* Entering/Loading for Warzones
* Loading new Areas/Planets
* Standing on the fleet doing nothing
* Playing in a Warzone

I have tried the following with no success:
- Updated Drivers for AMD Mobility HD Radeon 5850 Card
- Ran several system diagnostics for windows all with no errors
- scan memory for problems, found none
- clean boot if windows running only swtor with no success

DxDiag included:

Spoiler

BigDonVincenzo
12.09.2012 , 10:15 AM | #293
OK now this is a problem for me. I crash after I do the Black Talon fp everytime!! I can't receive my daily rewards because of this.

TrueNeko
12.09.2012 , 10:39 AM | #294
Ok I understand most are thinking its because lack or memory, but I have 8G Viper Ram in my tower and this crashing is getting annoying. Please figure out how to fix this problem
Neko^^=

BigDonVincenzo
12.09.2012 , 10:55 AM | #295
What's the point in subbing if I can't take full advantage of the game?!

Fix this. I'm sick of losing out on dailies.

AzucarSalado
12.09.2012 , 01:08 PM | #296
1 - The Red Eclipse
2 - Odalas
3 - Just happened while exiting a finished heroic (Black Talon).
4 - Now I receive an Error 1003 and I cannot login in eurpean or american servers, asia pacific yes.
5- DXDiag
Too long to post it here (61775 characters)
I split it below in 2 posts.

6-reliability report
Spoiler

7- It is a crash to desktop and now I canot reconect (Error 1003)
^^
"I don't know, fly casual"

AzucarSalado
12.09.2012 , 01:13 PM | #297
5- DXDiag (part1 of2)
Spoiler
^^

AzucarSalado
12.09.2012 , 01:14 PM | #298
5- DXDiag (part 2 of 2)
Spoiler
^^

profhermit
12.09.2012 , 02:03 PM | #299
My sub expired on 11/4/2012. When F2P launched, I logged in to check it out. Game crashed as usual, as it has consistently since 1.4. I uninstalled the game, made sure folders were deleted, and used Glary Utilities to wipe registry.

I was curious to see what would happen on a fresh install. Paid $30 for 2 month sub and re-installed today (12/9/2012). Played for 2 hours, and crash to desktop, as usual since 1.4. As so many peeps have stated, all they have to do is fix the memory leak they introduced in 1.4.

My cat is still alive and well, thank goodness, so my curiosity didn't kill him, but it caused me to waste $30 I could have spent on books.

Rexvan
12.09.2012 , 02:49 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by TrueNeko View Post
Ok I understand most are thinking its because lack or memory, but I have 8G Viper Ram in my tower and this crashing is getting annoying. Please figure out how to fix this problem
i have 16 gb memmory and i even crash they should fix this asap they owe it to us as customers and people. jeeze i havnt even got off the korriban my toon is lvl 7