Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HellionFBI
11.06.2012 , 10:42 AM | #21
Just FYI, the "pinkish/red gradient screen" after logging in - I also get this, and was scared it might be my graphics card dying, but it only happens about half the time and then I close game and relog and everything works fine and operates at max settings with no issues. I too can alt-tab and see the character screen for a moment, but re-tabbing to the game and the pink/red gradient is back.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gandorion View Post
I am too having systematic crashes:
  1. Server Name
    Jedi Covenant
  2. Name of character(s) affected.
    Nysseln
    Ferryss
  3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?
    -1/3 times at startup right after the launcher
    - several times when using transports
    - systematically when trying to navigate to a class mission location for "Ferryss" (that character is stuck in ts progression now)
  4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
    - Class mission (Consular) "Distress Call" for my character "Ferryss" when trying to navigate to the ship Carrida from the galaxy map:
    - I can click on the galaxy region
    - when I click on the space station icon I get to the screen where the "travel now" button is
    - when I get there the screen is frozen no button or key stroke responds
    - This happens before it shows the model of the ship, like if it was falling to load the scene.
    - soon after I get back to the desktop with crash report etc.

- This may not be related but it started happening around the same time (past few days)
    - I have been unable to use datacrons with my character "Nysseln". I get the mouse over information but it is impossible to activate any datacron
    - I frequently get a pinkish/red gradient screen instead of the character selection screen at startup (1/2 time). When I Alt-Tab away, I can sometimes see the real screen underneath right before it returns to the descktop. (It looks like if the a back buffer was never put forward)

- Most of the time I have Google Chrome running in the background and nothing else.

- It happened with a few weeks old NVIDIA drivers as well as the latest
  5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
    Spoiler
  6. Your reliability report in spoiler tags
    Spoiler
  7. I confirm that's a crash

astridnoxx
11.06.2012 , 02:03 PM | #22
Name of server: Shadowlands
Name of character(s) affected: All

Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Every 1-3 hours. 1 hour or less if I go through a lot of loading screens, 2 or 3 hours if I try to stay in one area. This is since 1.4, before that never had issues.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Happens everywhere regardless of what I'm doing, but as said happens much faster if I do a lot of loading or change characters or such. Most often its loading screens or cutscenes but have had it happen in all kinds of situations, even when not doing anything. I would also agree with others about the memory leak, swtor gobbles up more and more memory until it reaches the limit. After this started I soon turned down settings and went to windowed fullscreen, which allows me to play a lil bit longer without CTD, but the difference is fairly minimal.

Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags. The latest one was yesterday, where as the last event showing in the report is from October 30th (as pasted in spoiler). Most times it crashes, it shows no event at all.
Spoiler

Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select: Its CTD

Thanks for looking into it.

MachoLL
11.06.2012 , 03:51 PM | #23
Server: The Red Eclipse
Characters Affected: Vindicatorr, Karzawa, Ozék
Frequency: Twice each hour
Triggers: Happens twice each hour no matter what I where doing
Dxdiag:
Spoiler

Reliability Report:
Spoiler

Game freezes for a few seconds where after the game crashes to desktop
The game did not crash before 1.4.

Tiranea
11.06.2012 , 04:00 PM | #24
1. Name of server:
The Red Eclipse
2. Name of character(s) affected:
Any and all, but most recently Shíntar, Fali, Arrah
3. Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?
Quite regularly, about every other hour whenever I play. Started after 1.4.
4. Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
Most frequently I've noticed it happening when I try to enter a warzone, or the game tries to load something else, such as a conversation, the inside of my ship or the contents of my mailbox. It can be triggered by nothing in particular too though, if I've been online for a while.
5. Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Spoiler

7. Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.
Yes, the game just stutters for a few seconds and then closes down on its own.
My personal SWTOR Fan Blog: Going Commando

xBeldin
11.06.2012 , 06:19 PM | #25
1) Harbinger
2) Beldìn / Fatatat / Ælfric / and the rest
3) Starting 11-4-12 I can't stay logged in more than ~20 min without a crash but most are with 5 min of logging in
4) Nothing really helpful, it's happened at all different times from loading a zone/instance do doing absolutely nothing but standing around.
5)
Spoiler

6)
Spoiler

7)This is a crash to desktop. One second I'm running along like normal and the next the entire application crashing and I'm staring at my desktop.

Lalama
11.07.2012 , 06:54 AM | #26
1. harbinger
2. Xcariot, Scariot
3. once an hour
4. It seems to happen more frequently after i switch charactors
------------------
System Information
------------------
Spoiler
If variety is the spice of life why is monogamy so popular.

Zher
11.07.2012 , 09:48 AM | #27
Jedi Convent
All My Toons
Only seems to happen when I'm in a HM.

xXDark_ShadowXx
11.07.2012 , 01:38 PM | #28
-Server: The Shadowlands
-Characters: All (Cephas, Nalaana, Rayele, Thaen)
-Frequency: Random, usually every few hours
-Other info: These crashes happen at random, I've had them happen in the middle of flashpoints and operations as well as while I'm on fleet
-DxDiag:
Spoiler

Info from last crash:
Spoiler

As I said, these are crashes to desktop and are happening VERY frequently, and members of my guild are experiencing similar crashes. Please help!

Elbowcake
11.07.2012 , 03:55 PM | #29
1. Red Eclipse
2. All characters (Bino, Teixeira, Suso, Dvinn, Darish, Elbowcake.)
3. Over 200 times now - approximately every 2 hours
4. Anywhere / anything
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. Crash to desktop (Program has stopped working)

LighterSound
11.07.2012 , 04:47 PM | #30
Before you guys released 1.4 patch update, my game was excellent, no problems at all, since that update, everything went bad, I'm so tired of the game crash , please help me normally i dont get any message after de crash to desktop, but last couple times did, so here is all the info.

Name of server. The Shadowlands
Name of character(s) affected. Lightersound - Arya'h - Javi'h - Liluu - Tony'h
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Normally each 2 or 3 hrs
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. watching GTN in the fleet or doing pvp in warzones, also in operations. look pretty random

Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags
For Windows XP:
Spoiler