Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dscount
03.27.2013 , 04:04 PM | #1201
I agree. When we going to hear about some sort of resolution?

Maybe post something like "Memory Leakage" problem and is the CORE issue? Here is how we can work around or resolve it, but here is what BW is doing to fix the issue long term...
WTB Legacy wide Datacron unlock
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

KostonxEld
03.27.2013 , 08:30 PM | #1202
Can't believe this thread is still here with no fix. What a slap in the face to your customers! And we ARE CUSTOMERS REMEMER?! We pay for a product and expect that product to be as usable to us as it is I others, but this bug affecting us and not some others is hindering our experience. Very bad form Bioware and EA for leaving paying customers in the dark about such a huge issue for SO long!!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

kilsall
03.28.2013 , 08:33 AM | #1203
Jedi Covenant
Kilsall, Kilsallii, Kilsalltre
Every week or 2 for a few months now
Remaximizing from minimized
Spoiler

Spoiler

this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

Deepcut
03.28.2013 , 04:40 PM | #1204
Server: Shadowlands
I have 12 characters from level 24 to 50. I think I have 7 level 50's. All different. Imperial and Republic
Crashing occurs randomly. Sometimes CTD occurs when I've stopped game play and left the room to get a drink. Come back and the game has CTD. Sometimes occurs a few times in a row back to back. Sometimes I can play a day or two without CTD. But then it will happen several times a day . There doesn't seem to be anything that I can hang my hat with game play that makes it occur.
CTD has been happening for months now.. I think since last year sometime.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wolfmight
03.28.2013 , 05:28 PM | #1205
Hey Don't know how to do the spoiler thing

But I'm on Jedi Covenant and massive lag and crashing, and its not just me. Lots if angry paying customers here

Vashadan
03.28.2013 , 05:54 PM | #1206
Been reading through a lot of these issues,both regarding random crashes as well as ppl being unable to log in due to errors ((unable to retrieve patch data-f.e.)) and then some...
Found a way to fix the above mentioned example by running Windows in safe mode with networking,logging and of course not being able to run the game due to the safe mode,no suprise there but when restarting Windows and having the regular start,logging in with my password etc. the patching issue is gone and i can play the game as before.
Regarding the random crashes,i think most players can agree with me on the fact that the engine itself needs a lot of work.Not throwing this out as a fault on Biowares part but certain drivers are just not optimized well enough and lead to all sorts of things,from black screens and random crashes to desktop,to ppl having random screen glitches.(have experienced all the mentioned above and have seen the same on my friends computer systems,all of them being unique in hardware setup,Windows 7 the only thing incommon.)

No proper solution here,i put my money on time solving this as well as Biowares hard work to make the game better.

It does not matter if you see the cup as half full or empty,at the end of the day you only know the half of it....

HmmWTFIDK
03.29.2013 , 06:42 PM | #1207
Name of server: Harbinger
Name of character(s) affected: Tonshol, Ophiasis, Logolepsy, and every other toon I have
Frequency of crashing :Every time I do "The Black Talon" the game crashes to desktop during the very last conversation.

In other words, i spend 20 minutes going through the Flashpoint, only to be unable to finish. i could understand if this were a NEW issue, but 121 pages of posts tells me it is not. [sarcasm] Amazing customer service[/sarcasm]

Spoiler

Freedreamer
03.29.2013 , 10:51 PM | #1208
Hi,
So I'm having this problem where I can load SWTOR up just fine, and I get to my character and I click Play, The loading screen loads about a quarter of the way and then it just crashes to my desktop, no error or anything. And I had just been playing it not 2 hours before. Have we found a way to fix this, does anyone know why its happening? I'm using Windows 8 btw.
Any help would be great. (This happens every time I try to play).

OwenBrooks
03.29.2013 , 11:12 PM | #1209
Quote: Originally Posted by Freedreamer View Post
Hi,
So I'm having this problem where I can load SWTOR up just fine, and I get to my character and I click Play, The loading screen loads about a quarter of the way and then it just crashes to my desktop, no error or anything. And I had just been playing it not 2 hours before. Have we found a way to fix this, does anyone know why its happening? I'm using Windows 8 btw.
Any help would be great. (This happens every time I try to play).
Likely fix is just run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)
can also try downloading the setup www.swtor.com/download and select re-install (doesn't actually re-install)

Freedreamer
03.30.2013 , 02:01 AM | #1210
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Likely fix is just run the repair on the launcher after login (lower left cog)
can also try downloading the setup www.swtor.com/download and select re-install (doesn't actually re-install)
THANK YOU, it took me a bit I had to "re-install" it twice because something didnt transfer well but now it works great, thanks so much.