Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
02.19.2013 , 02:48 AM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by Satans_ View Post
Name of server. The Bastion
Name of character(s) affected: All of my characters TaylorMomsen, Teddnugent, VickiVale, Sherrimoonzombi
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? at least 3 an hour
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, : healing, walking around. exiting flashpoints. just standing in fleet. standing in my ship.
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

7. Desktop or Just a Black screen sometimes
Hate to say but win 7 32bit cannot use all your ram , it can only use 4 Gb max http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...mits_windows_7

This should help with your crashes (except the ones at the end of BT and Esselles they are a known issue and there are workarounds) but if you want to use 8gb memory you need to change to 64bit OS

1.Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 2500"
3.Restart the computer.

To delete the value if needed
1.Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
3.Restart the computer.

Reg-Reb
02.19.2013 , 02:56 AM | #1062
1, The Red Eclipse
2. Shai-Tan
3. Once a day (minimum)
4. Happens often on the Imperial Fleet but from there very random.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Miura_hun
02.19.2013 , 10:42 AM | #1063
1. Name of server: The Red Eclipse
2. Name of character(s) affected: all characters (Jaarama, Marzal, Urraco, Miura,...)
3. Frequency of crashing: Every couple of hours, so I get several crashes per day.
(never had an issue at all before 1.5)
4. Any potentially helpful information...:
It seems to be random. Crashes trigger in all situations: standing on my starship, Fleet or warzones and it happens in Flashpoints or Operations and after these instances. Also, this happens when change a character. I tried for a solution (delete "retailclient_swtor.version" file, then repatching), but that did not help.
5. DXDiag:
Spoiler

6. Reliability report for Windows 7:
Log 1:
Spoiler

Log 2.
Spoiler

7. The game crashes immediately to the desktop.

Thank you!
Try not! Do or do not! There is no try!

VassagoOmega
02.19.2013 , 11:47 AM | #1064
My CTD hasn't happened in quite a while. My fix was to go into BIOS and turn up my processor's voltage to the maximum allowable. It's within the manufacturer's spec, and when I monitor it with CPUID or HWMonitor, it's actually still running lower than what I have it set at. My guess is that the voltage was dropping below minimum to begin with, causing the crashes. As I stated in another post, I had to turn my memory voltage off of auto, and put it to the minimum to get it to work right. Could just be a board or BIOS problem, but the major crashes have stopped.

I must point out, that I have still experienced random closures of the game. When I TAB out of the game, and go to TAB back in, sometimes the game will just disappear. I have also had the game freeze, put me on a perpetual load screen, and just randomly close itself.

The biggest complaint that I have, though, is that the game hangs after I quit. It won't completely close down, and I'm usually forced to go into the task manager to end it's process.

Anyway, that's just an update from my end.
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild

wylie-coyote
02.19.2013 , 05:12 PM | #1065
1. the red eclipse
2. all my characters are affected
3. crashes are every hour to an hour and a half they get more frequent in the day the longer i play, so time between crashes gets shorter and shorter
4. the crashes happen randomly when walking or fighting or enter flashpoints or just cut scenes etc, one interesting one i was in the temple on tython and the crash occurred once i reset pc and logged back on i somehow ended up in the orbital station when i was in the temple when the crash occurred.

Spoiler

Spoiler

7. this is indeed a crash to desktop which then locks the pc up and nothing cna be used on it resulting in having to restart pc, however it doesn't always crash to desktop on some occasions the screen freezing on a loading screen as if i was going into a flashpoint or as i have been putted out of the map all together.

Kaimi-MN
02.19.2013 , 06:17 PM | #1066
Shadowlands Server
Any Character - I mostly play Ariyana, Shaelynn
Random DCs ... sometimes consistently. Othertimes it's just random.
Seems to be anywhere ... especially frustrating in warzones. I have noticed that in WZs it's often after being stunned.

Leviathann
02.19.2013 , 11:57 PM | #1067
  1. Prophecy of the Five
  2. All characters (Keimos, Leviatha, Zeq, etc...)
  3. About every 2 hours
  4. There don't seem to be any triggers besides amount of time played
  5. DXDiag
    Spoiler
    • Reliability report
      Spoiler
    • Reliability report 2
      Spoiler
  6. Client will without warning completely crash out to the desktop or freeze and become "not responding" requiring the swtor.exe task to be ended.

OwenBrooks
02.20.2013 , 07:33 AM | #1068
Leviathann

Advise if the below helps you

1.Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 2500"
3.Restart the computer.

To delete the value if needed
1.Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
3.Restart the computer.

Masterwhat
02.20.2013 , 08:46 AM | #1069
1. The Harbinger and Jedi covenant
2. All Characters Ozak, Ozzak, Ozakbaby,Sozzak, Ozakak, Ozakaka, Masterwhat, Mastersith, Ozzakbaby i have more toons but it does not matter what server im on this happens all the time
3.Crashes about every hour to every hour and a half
4. I can be standing there doing nothing. It happens when it pops for a wrzone, Conversations, it really does not matter what im doing. This has happened to me ever since 1.5 update. When that update came out it was once a day. After every update the time gets shorter and shorter. Before this last update i was at about 2 hours before crashing. now its under an hour.
5. There are no messages when it crashes.
MAY THE FORCE FAIL YOU THE POWER SHALL BE MINE

etnikbarzo
02.20.2013 , 12:24 PM | #1070
I'm canceling my subcription regarding to not helping about this issue. I'll not activate unless you get in contact with me via solution.