Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithLordCognus
02.17.2013 , 08:26 PM | #1051
1.Jedi Covenant
2.Mentis,Mitth'raa,Caad,Noatok,
3. Crashes about once a night (when playing for about two or three hours) and on the weekends can crash about two to three times a day depending on how long I'm playing.
4. Loading screens seem to cause crashing sometimes but other than that it seems mostly random.
5.DXDiag
Spoiler

For some reason my log is not given any details on the swtor crashes
7. The game crashes to the desktop.

zeroyuki
02.17.2013 , 08:55 PM | #1052
Not feeling like posting more of the stability logs, since there isn't really any responses, there are a ton of examples.

I have had numerous crashes. Any time I play for more than an hour or so. When I used to monitor memory, just for this problem, it was also when the memory was approaching 2 GB used, then crash. with 8 GB of matched memory with another 1 GB on my gpu, I don't see the problem.

Playing in XP SP3 compatibility didn't help. Verifying it is running as admin didn't help. Making sure my system is running minimalistically didn't help.

What would help a bit though, especially in customer confidence; is to give an update. What have you tried so far? What are your ideas of how to fix it? Do you even care? Or is cartel market the priority over most other things at the moment?

Hard to recommend something that crashes every 2 hours or when you jump to lightspeed on one of the flashpoints.

The thing is, it used to NOT do this. It is an update that created these CtDs. I know isolating it may be a chore, but that is a big clue of where to investigate. What performance or engine changes were made to the client then? Any memory handling coding added?

It'd be nice to go into esseles/black talon and know you won't 100% crash at the end. It'd be nice to know it isn't safer to restart the client instead of keep playing at the 90 minute mark, for fear of if you do a flashpoint or do some heroic group questing, especially as healer, you might end up getting the group wiped because you get a CtD.

I love this game. I just want it to run smoothly. I want it to not crash. I want others to love the game and enjoy their experience. Crashing makes others more frustrated than I.

Whenever I log for the session, I feel taunted by 'Quit Game' ... might want to change that to 'Exit Game' ... just seems more appropriate

Akashayana
02.17.2013 , 10:45 PM | #1053
1. Name of server: Harbinger
2 . Name of character(s) affected: Fireforeffect, Sàmus
3. Frequency of crashing: around 3 crashes per day
4. Most recently: Using rocket boots, navigating sublevel of daily pickup area in Black Hole.
5.Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

6.Your reliability report in spoiler tags
Spoiler

7.Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.
Yes. All of my crashes have been to desktop; none to server selection screen or logout character select.
"Secrets are like herpes- if you got 'em, you might as well spread 'em around..."

-Harkin, Mass Effect

Benets
02.18.2013 , 01:52 AM | #1054
1. Prophecy of the five
2. Mxyzptlk
3. Two to three times a day.

5. DxDiag
Spoiler

6. Reliability report
Spoiler

7. I think everybody knows hen you simple disconnect or when suddly your game closes and you see your desktop screen.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Satans_
02.18.2013 , 11:50 AM | #1055
Name of server. The Bastion
Name of character(s) affected: All of my characters TaylorMomsen, Teddnugent, VickiVale, Sherrimoonzombi
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? at least 3 an hour
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, : healing, walking around. exiting flashpoints. just standing in fleet. standing in my ship.
Your DXDiag in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

7. Desktop or Just a Black screen sometimes

theredbeardedpep
02.18.2013 , 12:27 PM | #1056
1. Ebon Hawk
2. All Characters
3. Crashes every 20 minutes to load screen and gets stuck.
4. I can be doing anything, really sucks when in a battle or conversation
5. Tried re-installing game and did not work
Spoiler

Squirlphinn
02.18.2013 , 12:59 PM | #1057

I am in the same boat as many that have posted in this thread. I get the message "Star Wars has stopped working - checking for possible solutions" then "No solution found - close program"

I need to clean the hard drive every day or it is clogged with memory dump files. Yesterday the clean up program removed 459 meg of dump files.

When will there be an answer ? I have been a subscriber for over a year. The game is compelling ... when it works.

Sam

Laurreth
02.18.2013 , 03:13 PM | #1058
Long time without a problem, today I've had two cold CTDs in warzones (not like a friend who can usually tell before it's happening from a small stutter, and who reliably crashes out of the game every hour, just as an aside). First after having been kicked into the reactor trench in Voidstar, the second in a CF around the eastern target of Alderaan.

Jar'Kai Sword, between 21:00 and 22:10 CET

Spoiler
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

Andyfishnz
02.18.2013 , 05:14 PM | #1059
I to keep getting this every hour making for a hell of time in Flashpoints and Ops that I am not bothering anymore. After 106 pages and concerns is something being done.

Please help

Galkai
02.18.2013 , 05:50 PM | #1060
1 - The Harbinger.
2 - All characters are affected.
3 - Every two hours crashes to desktop.
4 - When I am doing heroics or in combat, in general whenever.
5 - DXDiag
Spoiler

6 - Reliability Report
Spoiler

7 - This problem has occurred where for at least a month and i remember that it would always crash to the desktop and not the character selection.