Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

etnikbarzo
02.16.2013 , 10:22 AM | #1031
Tried plenty of things to fix this issue. During loading screen game crashes and turns to desktop. What is the solution?

gapost
02.16.2013 , 12:28 PM | #1032
Quote: Originally Posted by etnikbarzo View Post
Tried plenty of things to fix this issue. During loading screen game crashes and turns to desktop. What is the solution?

try following the first step from http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=419492 , it worked for me

Rahizm
02.16.2013 , 12:48 PM | #1033
Someone posted this
Quote:
I'm doing nothing but playing the game was on Ilum
It either crashes to desktop no warning or to an instance loading screen, Last one client stopped working and I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error caused by SWTOR.exe
Saves me time,

Doesn't matter WHERE or WHAT I'm doing i.e. standing still on any spot, the above happens. To a subscriber, it's not worth the money but o well.

Added to that, THE GAME (Read) DISCONNECTS ME for whatever reason with my Internet still working (because I always check if I can go to multiple websites and it does work). WoW/Aion doesn't cause any of this.

Too lazy to post logs, multiple people have the same issue despite of having high end machines. Go figure on who's end it is.

Silvrphenoix
02.16.2013 , 08:27 PM | #1034
shadowlands

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51016c10
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18015
Fault Module Timestamp: 50b83b16
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000812f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

DarkWarriorRex
02.16.2013 , 08:41 PM | #1035
1. The Red Eclipse
2. Dreadzone, Orsinomagnus, Baronstarkiller and more
3. happens on a regular basis. can be 30 min after logging or 2 hours after logging
4. crashes do not occur in any specific area. can be overpopulated area or even alone on the starship.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. It is indeed a crash to desktop

tstaylor
02.16.2013 , 08:42 PM | #1036
What about crashing to a load screen and having the app hang. Put an error in the Event Log about MemoryMan.dll throwing an exception?

WyattDebol
02.16.2013 , 08:47 PM | #1037
server the red eclipse
happens on all characters
happens 2-3 times a night on about 4-5 hours a night
happens anywere at anytime missions alot of times its during loading of worlds conversations and grouped missions
using windows xp

Calexve
02.16.2013 , 09:30 PM | #1038
1: Rizharwi
2:The Harbinger
3: I had just started playing SWTOR but didn't expect to pay 15 dollars for this kind of quality. it was roughly every 30 minutes on Friday which gave me enough time to pick up a quest run around and finish about half way done rush to an isolated spot and hope I do not get jumped by mobs while I am crashed and have to re log onto my character. This kind of habit to form just to play a game that makes a huge waste of time for much ever so much enjoyment.. And since then I am beginning to expect to have a crash at least 5 times a day no matter how long of a period I choose to play. I noticed any actions or no action at all can begin my slow decent into a complete crash and load onto my desktop. The moment my FPS freezes in game play for 1 second I know when to pack up my things and wait for the inevitable. These kind of crashes mostly happen just from playing.. i am not sure if its because there is a high population factor and more servers need to be introduced or may have to run with server response time.

MentalMaestro
02.16.2013 , 09:44 PM | #1039
1.Shadowlands.
2.All of my characters.
3. As I'll point out in #6, the frequency varies.
4.As many have said, there appears to be no perceivable trigger. Location, what I'm doing, how many people are around me, none of it seems to be relevant.
Spoiler

Spoiler

7. This IS a report about crashes. Normally, there is a 5-second stutter, and then the game would crash. Recently, however, the game has been freezing for around 5-6 minutes after the stutter before exiting to the desktop. I am finally reporting this because, now, I cannot log back in; it's giving me the "login service is currently not available" message.

Weezila
02.16.2013 , 10:18 PM | #1040
1. Gav Daragon
2. all characters
3. basically every 15 minutes. at the moment I cannot even log in???
4. just questing in the game. has happened in warzones b4. basically it shows the red DC symbol in my server reception bar on the HUD the crashes to the koriban load screen and gets 1 quarter of the way through then freezes and does nothing. to end it I have to start task manager.
Spoiler

6. cannot I have windows 8
7. this is a crash to neither of what has been described. please fix this issue